UML Trip to Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Trip to Ireland

Hello fellow Lowell fan, I am have hockey withdrawal and cant wait for the season to get started. Lowell has several road trips this year and the big one being a trip to Ireland. Being of Irish decent I very much want to make this trip. At this point in time November seems to be far off in future but it really isn't the far off. I have contacted a travel agent to see about putting together a package deal. The agent is still working on it, but so far it looks pretty good. I am not sure on price yet but the more that come the cheaper it will be. The dates would be the 20-29th. We would fly out of Boston and land in Dublin, spend a few day there doing some sight seeing and also have free time to explore on our own. Then off to Belfast, again some sight seeing and time on our own. And a group Thanksgiving Dinner. Transportation to and from our hotel to the arena the nights of the games. We would fly back to Boston on Sunday. If anyone is interested please let me know either here or email me at beachockey@Comcast.net It should be a great trip with fellow Lowell fans. To me it is a once in a life time opportunity. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: UML Trip to Ireland

Northeastern also has something in the works, I believe.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Northeastern also has something in the works, I believe.
      I balked at the plane tickets alone. Probably a little worse for me out of DC... 3 legs, 2 layovers... About a grand.

The idea sounds interesting.... Laying out that much cash... Not really.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I balked at the plane tickets alone. Probably a little worse for me out of DC... 3 legs, 2 layovers... About a grand.

We're flying into Dublin (direct flight) and taking the train up to Belfast. MUCH cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
          We're flying into Dublin (direct flight) and taking the train up to Belfast. MUCH cheaper.
          This is what a number of NU people will be doing as well
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

possibly more sane too... ugh... I can't let myself justify this one!

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

possibly more sane too... ugh... I can't let myself justify this one!
              Peter wouldn't mind having someone to split a room with for part of the trip if you decide to go. You met him in Denver a couple years ago so it's not like you don't know each other.

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              This is what a number of NU people will be doing as well
              When are you guys traveling?

Comment

Drive up to JFK and take Aer Lingus. 4 hrs and about $40 in tolls.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Peter wouldn't mind having someone to split a room with for part of the trip if you decide to go. You met him in Denver a couple years ago so it's not like you don't know each other.
                  Fair enough... its more that I want to spend good money on a personal trainer and I've already gotten tied up with regards to my health. (Nothing new... same old thing)

edit: if I really wanted to, i could get it for $700 right now... even some direct flights... but do I really want to do an "in and out"... arrive in Ireland on Friday AM... come back on Sunday.
                  Last edited by Patman; 06-21-2015, 11:50 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

When are you guys traveling?
                    The idea right now is leave on Tuesday night, come back Monday morning. Spend 2-3 nights in Dublin, the rest in Belfast. That is the plan for me and other students, at the very least. The Friends of NU Hockey group is making an itinerary geared towards leaving Thursday night, coming back mid week, so as to allow people to spend the holiday with family. Looking at roughly $1000 total for the trip.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      The idea right now is leave on Tuesday night, come back Monday morning. Spend 2-3 nights in Dublin, the rest in Belfast. That is the plan for me and other students, at the very least. The Friends of NU Hockey group is making an itinerary geared towards leaving Thursday night, coming back mid week, so as to allow people to spend the holiday with family. Looking at roughly $1000 total for the trip.
                      The four of us are leaving Tuesday night and coming back on the 3rd. Looking forward to lots of sightseeing.

Comment

Hello Fellow UML hockey fans, I finally have the prices for the trip to Ireland. As I said earlier the more people that goes the cheaper it gets. These prices are based on double occupancy. It is for land and air and includes flight from Boston to Dublin, 3 nights in Dublin and 4 nights in Belfast, 8 breakfast, transportation from Dublin airport to hotel, transportation to our Belfast hotel, transportation to and from our hotel to the arena and transportation back to Dublin to catch our flight home. The dates have changed since I last posed. We will be leaving Boston on Sunday the 23rd of Nov. and returning on the 30th. Up to 10 people $1951, up to 15 people $1791 and 20+ $1711. There is a supplement of $339 for a single room. If any one is interested email me and I can forward the information to you. Deposit Deadline is August 11. I know this isn't much time but this is the policy of the travel agency. I also will have flyers at the season ticket holders BBQ on Thursday. Hope to see you all Thursday night. My email is beachockey@Comcast.net GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I had some interest in the trip. I was contacted by the friends of NU. they have a package deal for air , three nights in Belfast, transportation from Dublin airport to Belfast and back for about the same price as our package deal with twenty people traveling and we get more in our deal. Still plenty of spots open. The University doesn't even have a package together yet. They are dragging their heals on this one. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here's a link to the Northeastern plans. Timeframe is shorter (basically an extended weekend) so that might appeal to those who can't afford a week or more. AFAIK, you don't have to be an alum or member of the NU family to participate.

http://www.anthonytravel.com/festival-of-hockey/
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Hello fellow Lowell fans, If you are a season ticket holder you have probably by now have gotten the email about the package to go to Ireland. I just want to say that the package they are offering is not a good deal. There are several reasons that I say this, 1. the package that I had put together is for 2 nights more for about the same price as theirs the difference being that my package starts with 10 people and theirs with 20. With my package at twenty people it is $200 cheaper than their 20 people. My package we are also staying in Dublin theirs they are not. I had my package together a week and a half before them and they didn't want to present it to season ticket holders. I think we all may know the reason for that, but I wont go into it here. If anyone is interested in more info on my package deal email me at beachockey@Comcast.net and I can email you my phone for further info. Cant wait for the season to start. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X