X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Maine asleep once again in 3rd
    Took overtime but maine won 3 2. Should have put the Tigers away earlier but fell asleep.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

It's all good. 4-0 in their last 4......bring on UNH!

Comment

We're number 50! We're number 50!

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          That's what they are. They aren't great, princeton gave them fits when Maine stopped working but they found a way to win. Maine has 1 PP unit that can generate chances. I'm still waiting for Gibson to show me some offense. The 5 or 6 freshman playing don't look out of place but aren't going to make you say wow. Matty Mo looked great, he got beat by odd man rushes. The 2nd one was awful d.

Now a real team comes to alfond, I see little chance to win with only one line that can generate chances.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            It's all good. 4-0 in their last 4......bring on UNH!
            I'm happy they've won a couple games but it isn't all good. They got lucky to sweep a terrible Princeton team. They were IMO outplayed 4 out of 6 periods and if not for Matty Mo last night they would've lost by 3 goals. At least they're scoring some goals now tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              I'm happy they've won a couple games but it isn't all good. They got lucky to sweep a terrible Princeton team. They were IMO outplayed 4 out of 6 periods and if not for Matty Mo last night they would've lost by 3 goals. At least they're scoring some goals now tho.
              Are you saying a Maine goaltender stole a game or 2? How long has it been since THAT happened? Gotta see the positive side of things, man.

And if they are on a "lucky" 4 game winning streak......why weren't they on an "unlucky" losing streak?

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                As long as they continue to win over teams ranked higher in the PWR they are going in the right direction.

Comment

unh is currently ranked higher in the PWR at 32 and Maine at 40.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    Are you saying a Maine goaltender stole a game or 2? How long has it been since THAT happened? Gotta see the positive side of things, man.

And if they are on a "lucky" 4 game winning streak......why weren't they on an "unlucky" losing streak?
                    Not that long, Marty Ouelette ring a bell?

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Not that long, Marty Ouelette ring a bell?
                      No doubt Marty stole some. what I like is, since the Notre Dame series out at ND a couple years ago, when ND came back and tied and then came back and won, Maine hasn't put many teams away and has rolled over when they went down late. Didn't happen against VT and it didn't happen against Princeton. Maybe its just those teams suck more than Maine? or maybe they are getting better??? For once I'm going to be the half full guy

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        Are you saying a Maine goaltender stole a game or 2? How long has it been since THAT happened?
                        Ice Breaker tourney. For two ties.

Comment

So is Maine on a lucky winning streak or were they on an unlucky losing streak? Or are the negative hypocrites going to continue to choose the narrative that fits their agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            No doubt Marty stole some. what I like is, since the Notre Dame series out at ND a couple years ago, when ND came back and tied and then came back and won, Maine hasn't put many teams away and has rolled over when they went down late. Didn't happen against VT and it didn't happen against Princeton. Maybe its just those teams suck more than Maine? or maybe they are getting better??? For once I'm going to be the half full guy
                            It's nice to see them finish someone in the third, even against UVM they were holding on for dear life. Keep it up against a Hockey East rival I'll start believing a little more. Glad Morris is playing well I like him.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

It's nice to see them finish someone in the third, even against UVM they were holding on for dear life. Keep it up against a Hockey East rival I'll start believing a little more. Glad Morris is playing well I like him.
                              last year they would have had hung on for dear life and lost so I take the win against VT as a positive. It was ugly I was there, VT threw the kitchen sink at them. They fore checked the crap out of Maine in the 3rd, Maine never figured it out but didn't lose so... If UNH does that it will get ugly

Comment

uggg, now I wish I did get rid of my season tickets. Apparently I have new people sitting next to me. I had hoped they were just there for a game, but they've been there every game I've been at (which has only been half of them). A couple of middle aged women that are near orgasm every time Maine touches the puck in their offensive zone. The one next to me smelled like booze too, and was telling her friend after the "kiss cam" caught a couple of reluctant kissers that if it was on her she would just start making out with whoever was next to her.

Comment

Working...
                                X