Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Originally posted by Brownfan14 View Post
    Wasn't Aibel committed to Yale?
    ....at one time, yes he was.

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

I'm getting very excited about Nieto. His stats were phenomenal, and he was lights-out in the playoffs.

It looks like the forwards should be able to provide some secondary scoring based on their production levels in juniors. From what I've read, Giuttari should be able to jump right into the lineup as a freshman.

All in all, I think this will prove to be a solid, if unspectacular, recruiting class. The big takeaway is obviously that we now appear to have found a goalie who can potentially be a four year starter and the backbone of the team. If Gottlieb, Schoo and Scherer continue to progress, the defense might actually be a strong point in the near future.

I'm interested to see what the lines will look like without Lappin and Naclerio. I'd love to see Willman and Marchin play together - I think Willman's speed can emulate Lappin's play and allow Marchin to continue to grow. I'm guessing Lafferty will be the top line center.

Leave a comment:

• Brownfan14
    replied

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
    BROWN INCOMING CLASS

Whatever the information may be on Chris Heisenberg's website, below is the list of the seven incoming Brown players:

FORWARDS
    Nolan Aibel
    Brent Beaudoin
    Richard (Trey) Dodd
    Jack Gessert

DEFENSEMEN
    Zach Giuttari
    Joey Maguire

GOALTENDER
    Nieto, Gavin A.

For the record, Gavin Nieto led his Fairbanks tem to the NAHL championship over Wichita with a 31-save shutout.
    Wasn't Aibel committed to Yale?

Leave a comment:

• Euler18
    replied

BROWN INCOMING CLASS

Whatever the information may be on Chris Heisenberg's website, below is the list of the seven incoming Brown players:

FORWARDS
    Nolan Aibel
    Brent Beaudoin
    Richard (Trey) Dodd
    Jack Gessert

DEFENSEMEN
    Zach Giuttari
    Joey Maguire

GOALTENDER
    Nieto, Gavin A.

For the record, Gavin Nieto led his Fairbanks tem to the NAHL championship over Wichita with a 31-save shutout.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Given the utter lack of talent on New Jersey's roster (with apologies to a good friend of mine who hails from the Garden State), I'd be surprised if the Devils didn't give either or both of Lorito and Lappin a spot on the NHL club next season. They've certainly earned it, especially for a team that can't score goals.

If Hynes is smart, he'll roll with a Farnham-Lorito-Lappin 4th line and terrorize teams with their combined speed, creative abilities and kamikaze attitude (the last point is, of course, directed at Bobby ).

Maybe they can trade for Ryan Garbutt and Garnet Hathaway.
    This will be an interesting summer. Both Matt and Nick have contracts with the Albany Devils and not NJ. The absence of a contract is what I believe kept Matt from being called up during the year. Right now I believe NJ has maxxed out on the number of contracts it may have with players (50?). Their play, especially Matt's, should give them an opportunity with NJ. Talk around here is that NJ right now is figuring out what to do with Bobby as he is a free agent and as well there are several others on NJ who have that same status. NJ is high on Pavel Zacha, but he is not ready to make the jump to NJ.

BTW anyone know whether Mark Naclerio will be back with Providence? I'd like to see him get a chance with an AHL team.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Some info on newest Brown commit Connor Marshall

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...s-to-play-fast

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

Given the utter lack of talent on New Jersey's roster (with apologies to a good friend of mine who hails from the Garden State), I'd be surprised if the Devils didn't give either or both of Lorito and Lappin a spot on the NHL club next season. They've certainly earned it, especially for a team that can't score goals.

If Hynes is smart, he'll roll with a Farnham-Lorito-Lappin 4th line and terrorize teams with their combined speed, creative abilities and kamikaze attitude (the last point is, of course, directed at Bobby ).

Maybe they can trade for Ryan Garbutt and Garnet Hathaway.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    I will be sitting tonight in 129, wearing my Brown hockey hat. Stop by.
    I will. 106......RPI hockey hat

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Glad you got to see it. I have tix for Tues.’s game.
    I will be sitting tonight in 129, wearing my Brown hockey hat. Stop by.

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Glad you got to see it. I have tix for Tues.’s game.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Huge game this afternoon for Lappin, hope you were there to enjoy it Mike.
    Turk: Thanks for asking. Yes, I was there. Taking my wife and daughters with their children was their Mother's Day treat (after brunch). For all below is a link referring to Nick's heroics. Note his playoff beard. BTW, Matt Lorito is also doing well in the playoffs - 5points including 2 goals. Toronto is a really good team.

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/vi...-game-3/21116/

Leave a comment:

• turk181
    replied

Huge game this afternoon for Lappin, hope you were there to enjoy it Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Lorito and Lappin lead Albany Devils to win over Toronto Marlies, Matt with his game winning goal and Nick with a defensive play:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/04...playoff-series

Leave a comment:

replied

Both Brown commits, Tonelli and Andreozzi, selected in Phase I

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...-phase-i-draft

Leave a comment:

replied

2 Brown commits in top 5 of positional rankings for New England kids for tonight's USHL Futures Draft.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...-midget-hockey

Leave a comment:

Working...
X