Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    For you Mike Hutter. I don’t know if this interests you but several Alb. Devils will be signing autographs @the Hockey Giant store on Wolfe Rd. Wed. from 6-8pm. Loritto will be one.
    I passed on this one. Matt has been very generous with his time after games with my grandchildren.

Comment

Notwithstanding all of the injuries I really do see this time Bruno overcoming them and taking 4 points this weekend. Senior night should get Mark and Company going and I think Brown wants revenge against Clarkson after its performance in the North Country.

Comment

So...this is pretty cool.

Comment

4-0 After one wow !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            So...this is pretty cool.
            I just got home and am tuning into the game. What is going on? I could see a W but not this score at end of one. I saw the adrenalin rush but thought it would be tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
              I just got home and am tuning into the game. What is going on? I could see a W but not this score at end of one. I saw the adrenalin rush but thought it would be tomorrow
              Clarkson was prepared to face the Brown team they played up in Potsdam. Accordingly, they were run out of the building by a desperate team playing with lots of tenacity. Shots in the first were 11-4 Brown. That's right - we scored as many times as they put the puck on net!

But then the adrenaline ran out for Brown and Clarkson woke up. Clarkson controlled most of the second, and was able to catch Brown napping on a couple of breakaways. They outshot us, 13-9, but it felt much worse.

Here's to hoping the third is more like the first than the second.

Comment

Well, that was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                  Well, that was fun!
                  Looking for more fun tomorrow. See you tomorrow at Meehan. Don't take my parking spot

Comment

I just noticed the attendance at last night's game - 780. I don't recall in recent years a lower figure. Must have been a ghost town inside Meehan. Hopefully, the AD will promote tonight's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                      I just noticed the attendance at last night's game - 780. I don't recall in recent years a lower figure. Must have been a ghost town inside Meehan. Hopefully, the AD will promote tonight's game.
                      The only noise being made was the two bands yelling at each other (honestly, they were pretty entertaining). PC was hosting a top-10 matchup with Notre Dame across town, so every single casual local fan was over there, and likely will be tonight, too.

Comment

That was a good weekend! I thought we played very well against St. Lawrence. It's too bad Union tied Quinnipiac, because now we are locked into a bottom-three seed for the playoffs. Still, I'd like to finish strong against Q and Princeton and get the 10 seed. I certainly am not expecting a win against the top-ranked team in the country, but we should be able to beat Princeton and should be motivated by the loss to them at Meehan.

Comment

Did Lappin reach 50 goals? I thought he had 48 going into the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 78Fan View Post
                            Did Lappin reach 50 goals? I thought he had 48 going into the weekend.
                            Yes, and Naclerio reached 100 points. Those two seniors will be missed.

Comment

I thought Ernst played a very strong game Saturday night. It looked like 2 mistakes by D led to SLU's goals; No soft goal at all. But overall D played well. I thought in the beginning Schoo was going to be overmatched playing against SLU's fast forwards but he adjusted well and helped keep SLU in check. And Rossi seems to be a better forward than D. If Ernst keeps playing at this level and D supports him, Brown will be a tough team to play against in the playoffs.

Comment

One other matter - attendance at Meehan. Small but spirited crowd on Saturday, but can't AD do something to draw more fans? I realize it was tough this past weekend with ND v PC but there seems to be no effort to draw fans. How about kids get in free with paid admission or drop prices or hold promotions, eg, T shirts (I heard that BBall does a lot of them), dedicated parking somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X