Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Nick Lappin scored FOUR goals today, and now has 23 points in 13 games on the season. What an incredible player.

Lafferty scored the winner with 46 seconds to go, and Lappin made it 7-5 with an empty-netter.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Nick Lappin scored FOUR goals today, and now has 23 points in 13 games on the season. What an incredible player.
      Lafferty scored the winner with 46 seconds to go, and Lappin made it 7-5 with an empty-netter.
      Bruno is becoming a scoring machine!! Something I haven't seen in many years. Sure, Colgate is having a rough time now but even with Finn playing like he did last year and in the first Colgate/Brown game, it seems like this team would have scored a lot.
      Just hoping the D tightens up.

Comment

Today's game is also available from the UVM website. This one with audio as well.

Comment

Same old, same old for us. Can't hold a lead or close out a game. What a season! Good luck the rest of the way to you guys......or at least 'til we meet again this season.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
            Same old, same old for us. Can't hold a lead or close out a game. What a season! Good luck the rest of the way to you guys......or at least 'til we meet again this season.
            If we meet again, I hope it's not at Starr, the original House of Horrors fro Brown.

Comment

We're up in shots, 20-14, after two periods, but Lake State has a 2-0 lead. Frustrating. I turned the game on at the start of the second and LSSU dominated the first half of the period before Brown returned the favor in the second half.

Comment

I stayed in NYC this past weekend with a friend who is a big Devils' fan. We went to their game against Dallas last night, and Bobby Farnham scored a goal!!!

...while I was away from my seat getting food.

In any event, it was cool to see him play in person again. That fanbase LOVES him! On the way out of the arena, there were multiple resounding BOBBY FARNHAM chants.

Comment

That was the best game they've played in years. Completely controlled the #1 team in the country. Wow!

I sure hope Tim Lappin will be ok, but it didn't look promising. He played an excellent game up until he left clutching his arm.

Doane added some good possession in Prescott's place, and it was a huge factor. For the first time all year, the fourth line was capable of winning shifts. Things got all messed up when Lappin went down, but before then, all four lines were creating chances and playing well. I'm really, really pleased with this performance!

Ernst was solid with the exception of that horrendous turnover on the second goal. And I thought Nick Lappin was the best player on the ice for either team, even though he didn't score. He'll be in the NHL next year for sure.

If they play like this every game, they're better than every team in the ECAC except Harvard and Quinnipiac. Unfortunately, they don't always play this way! Consistency is crucial as we head into conference play. Things are looking bright for the rest of the season!

Comment

I stayed in NYC this past weekend with a friend who is a big Devils' fan. We went to their game against Dallas last night, and Bobby Farnham scored a goal!!!

...while I was away from my seat getting food.

In any event, it was cool to see him play in person again. That fanbase LOVES him! On the way out of the arena, there were multiple resounding BOBBY FARNHAM chants.
                    I watched the game on TV. Did I hear the announcers correctly when they said the fans have or had broken out singing "Wild Thing" when he makes a good play or solid hit?

Speaking about the Devils Matt Lorito is quietly putting together a solid season for the Albany Devils. He has been playing on its first line and his two linemates have been called up with one returned. The last two games he has been on a line with Yale's Brian O'Neill, last year's AHL MVP. From the blogs it appears Matt is on the NJ Devils' watchlist for a call-up.
                    Last edited by Mike Hutter; 01-03-2016, 05:58 PM. Reason: add something

Comment

Nice win!
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                        I watched the game on TV. Did I hear the announcers correctly when they said the fans have or had broken out singing "Wild Thing" when he makes a good play or solid hit?

Speaking about the Devils Matt Lorito is quietly putting together a solid season for the Albany Devils. He has been playing on its first line and his two linemates have been called up with one returned. The last two games he has been on a line with Yale's Brian O'Neill, last year's AHL MVP. From the blogs it appears Matt is on the NJ Devils' watchlist for a call-up.
                        Yes, Wild Thing has apparently become Bobby's anthem among Devils' diehards. They really love him there.

The last I checked, Lorito was averaging about a point per game in the AHL. At that rate, he won't be around in Albany for much longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          That was the best game they've played in years. Completely controlled the #1 team in the country. Wow!

I sure hope Tim Lappin will be ok, but it didn't look promising. He played an excellent game up until he left clutching his arm.

Doane added some good possession in Prescott's place, and it was a huge factor. For the first time all year, the fourth line was capable of winning shifts. Things got all messed up when Lappin went down, but before then, all four lines were creating chances and playing well. I'm really, really pleased with this performance!

Ernst was solid with the exception of that horrendous turnover on the second goal. And I thought Nick Lappin was the best player on the ice for either team, even though he didn't score. He'll be in the NHL next year for sure.

If they play like this every game, they're better than every team in the ECAC except Harvard and Quinnipiac. Unfortunately, they don't always play this way! Consistency is crucial as we head into conference play. Things are looking bright for the rest of the season!
                          Heard Lappin with fracture and might be done for year.

Comment

Nice win. The Ivy games this year should be close and competitive.
                            Last edited by bulldog10jw; 01-03-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

What's the story with The Providence Sunday Journal? Not a single bit of pregame publicity for this afternoon's Mayor's Cup Game #2. And no mention in Saturday's paper either. That's the first time in my memory (and it goes back for more than 60 years of Brown Hockey) that a game matching the State's only Division I hockey teams was totally ignored (particularly, in this case, when one of the teams was currently ranked #1 nationally and a 30-year old trophy was at stake). I would think that any contest between inter-city rivals would deserve some space in the ProJo sports section - certainly we all know what kind of pregame coverage almost any roundball game would have generated.
                              LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                                What's the story with The Providence Sunday Journal? Not a single bit of pregame publicity for this afternoon's Mayor's Cup Game #2. And no mention in Saturday's paper either. That's the first time in my memory (and it goes back for more than 60 years of Brown Hockey) that a game matching the State's only Division I hockey teams was totally ignored (particularly, in this case, when one of the teams was currently ranked #1 nationally and a 30-year old trophy was at stake). I would think that any contest between inter-city rivals would deserve some space in the ProJo sports section - certainly we all know what kind of pregame coverage almost any roundball game would have generated.
                                Bruno, I think you're operating under the erroneous assumption that The Providence Journal is a real newspaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X