Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!! Ever the eternal optimist, I'm looking forward to seeing you in Lake Placid next March.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Next fall or '17. He's a '96 so couldn't be later than that. Nice get for Brown staff.
      Article on Nieto from NAHL website:
      http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=16515

Comment

CHNews has Marchin as Top Rookie for the ECAC first-half and has him and Gottlieb on all rookie team. Interesting to see CHN put Gottlieb on the team as it shows that there are others out there besides the posters here who agree that Gottlieb is playing very well. Note as well the comments on Brown.

http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...t-half-review/

Comment

According to Divver, Ernst has a hand infection and is getting over the flu, so Steel will start today. Strange combination of symptoms. Hope he's good to go against PC on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope Street View Post
            Goalie Gavin Nieto of Fairbanks (NAHL) committed to Brown today. He's a nice get for the Bears. Leads NAHL with 1.74 goals against and has 16-3-1 record.
            This is great! Does anyone know how the level of play in the NAHL compares to USHL or even top tier prep schools? This is the first time I've ever heard of the league.

Comment

Looks like Whittet is mixing up the lines! I, for one, am happy about it.

Marchin-Naclerio-N. Lappin
              Willman-Corcoran-T. Lappin
              Brink-Lafferty-Bird
              Pryzbek-Middleton-Prescott

D pairings:

Gottlieb-McArdle
              Tegtmeyer-Pfeil
              Schoo-Wood

I'm not thrilled with the D, but at least Whittet is making changes and trying new combinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                This is great! Does anyone know how the level of play in the NAHL compares to USHL or even top tier prep schools? This is the first time I've ever heard of the league.
                NAHL is breeding ground for USHL but lot of good players have come from this league especially goalies. Think Hellebuyck (Lowell), Tirronen (Merrimack) and Tomek (N Dakota) just to name a few in recent years.

NAHL is way, way ahead of any Eastern league.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                  NAHL is breeding ground for USHL but lot of good players have come from this league especially goalies. Think Hellebuyck (Lowell), Tirronen (Merrimack) and Tomek (N Dakota) just to name a few in recent years.

NAHL is way, way ahead of any Eastern league.
                  Great, thanks! This sounds very promising.

Comment

A free webcast of the Colgate game is available :

http://www.nsnsports.net/colleges/un...M&stm_yr=14-15

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      According to Divver, Ernst has a hand infection and is getting over the flu, so Steel will start today. Strange combination of symptoms. Hope he's good to go against PC on Sunday.
                      Down 2-0 already with Steele in net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                        Down 2-0 already with Steele in net.
                        Ernst took over, and now it's 3-2! Lappin, Marchin, Gottlieb with the goals.

Gottlieb could make the ECAC all-rookie team if he keeps playing like this.

Comment

Through two periods, we're outshooting Colgate 26-11. I know some of that can be attributed to Colgate defending its lead and not being aggressive, but that's still a very dominant margin.

Unfortunately, the score is still tied! Three goals allowed by Brown goalies on 11 shots. Not a good look.

Comment

As far as I can tell from the webcast, it appears the revamped lines are doing well. Agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                              As far as I can tell from the webcast, it appears the revamped lines are doing well. Agree?
                              Yikes, now 4-4!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                                I turned off the webcast because of the lag. It's about 13 minutes behind the actual time, and the score is really 5-5 now. Just following along on Twitter now!

Comment

Working...
                                X