Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

On the contrary, the second period was sensational! Our top six was completely dominant. We only registered 14 shots on goal, but we missed the net more than a few times - it seemed like it might have been in the double digits to me. We should have had 4 goals that period.

(To be fair, Colgate should have had a handful of goals in the first, too, so we'll call it even!)

Comment

Good game tonight but your announcer was perhaps the worst I've ever listened to. The Ivy League network is pathetic.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Good game tonight but your announcer was perhaps the worst I've ever listened to. The Ivy League network is pathetic.
        Yeah, he's widely regarded as a blowhard.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          Yeah, he's widely regarded as a blowhard.
          LOL Agree wholeheartedly !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
            Another take on the "malfunction" - http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...tioning-video/

Ken S also has Brown as the ECAC Team of the Week
            It's very curious that so many RPI supporters (including Ken Schott) have spent so much time directly or indirectly criticizing Brown goalie Tim Ernst's sarcastic twitter post after a poor decision by the referees and what should be the embarrassing situation of an engineering school being unable to do something that is technologically quite simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
              Trust me, I already know about the hills. I walked around the campus last year when I was in town. And compared to the multiple hills in Ithaca, it was nothing I wasn't used to.
              Wouldn't a simple thank you suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                It's very curious that so many RPI supporters (including Ken Schott) have spent so much time directly or indirectly criticizing Brown goalie Tim Ernst's sarcastic twitter post after a poor decision by the referees and what should be the embarrassing situation of an engineering school being unable to do something that is technologically quite simple.
                Especially considering it's the league's mandated setup, and using RPI-TV would be considered to be, in their eyes, a conflict of interest.

Comment

Kdiff - Will you be posting during tonight's game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                    Kdiff - Will you be posting during tonight's game?
                    I'll do my best! Sometimes the service isn't great at Meehan.

Comment

So far, so good - they announced shots as 10-3 in our favor. We had a few really good scoring chances, but Gillam has been very strong.

Not much else to report, really. Cornell had a lot of zone time, but didn't take many shots.

Comment

Cornell is Cornell-ing: Brown is controlling the pace of the game, but Cornell is blocking shots and relying on great goaltending. They capitalized on the one good chance they've had.

Not much else to say except keep plugging away. One of these is bound to go in, right?

Our first line has been absolutely dominant.

Comment

If we play like that every game, we will win more than we lose. We were the better team for 95% of the game. The hockey gods reward teams who play proactively - even if it takes a while to come to fruition!

Cornell's goalie is excellent, but other than that, they have no business sniffing the top-20. A three point weekend while scoring ONE goal?? Give me a break!

Comment

If we play like that every game, we will win more than we lose. We were the better team for 95% of the game. The hockey gods reward teams who play proactively - even if it takes a while to come to fruition!

Cornell's goalie is excellent, but other than that, they have no business sniffing the top-20. A three point weekend while scoring ONE goal?? Give me a break!

Tough loss for the Bears tonight, but they could not find a way to beat the Big Red's junior Mitch Gillam. Coupled with last nite's 1-1 draw with Colgate -- still another outstanding performance by the Raiders' junior Charlie Finn (it seems like he has backstopped Colgate to at least five victories over Brown in his career to date), Bruno is simply not producing enough goal production to support the terrific performances turned in by goaltender Tim Ernst, particularly this weekend. Brown outshot Cornell (27-16) and skated well all evening, but seemed to be stymied somewhat by the imposing size of the Big Red defensemen. Early on, it seems to me that Brown's offense is missing a key playmaker and his name is Matt Lorito '15. The current forwards are very skilled and work well together, but they have been unable, thus far, to successfully finish off enough power play opportunities or promising offensive zone chances to produce a winning margin.

On to Belfast and another crack at Finn on neutral ice.

P.S. Brown likely minimized its prospects for a victory over Colgate last night by incurring FIVE penalties in the first period and surrendering the Raiders' only score on their fourth power play of the opening stanza. Primarily as a result of the ten penalty minutes, the Bears were outshot 41-32 in the game.
                            LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Cornell is Cornell-ing: Brown is controlling the pace of the game, but Cornell is blocking shots and relying on great goaltending. They capitalized on the one good chance they've had.
                              Right you are, kdiff. The one time that Cornell was able to jam the crease area in front of Brown junior goaltender Tim Ernst with four players resulted in the Big Red's lone and winning goal tonight.
                              LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Not much else to say except keep plugging away. One of these is bound to go in, right?

Our first line has been absolutely dominant.
                                IMO that was Gillam's finest performance in his career. He was on from the very first chance and never wavered.

Brown played beautifully, denying us good chances and putting together some excellent chances. You just happened to run into a very good goaltender on his best night ever. This was by far the most toothless Cornell has looked all season, including losing by a whisper to Q, and Brown's three-zone execution accomplished that. If you play like that every night you will have a solid season and perhaps go deep into the post-season.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X