X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kdiff77
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    I just noticed the attendance at last night's game - 780. I don't recall in recent years a lower figure. Must have been a ghost town inside Meehan. Hopefully, the AD will promote tonight's game.
    The only noise being made was the two bands yelling at each other (honestly, they were pretty entertaining). PC was hosting a top-10 matchup with Notre Dame across town, so every single casual local fan was over there, and likely will be tonight, too.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied
    Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

I just noticed the attendance at last night's game - 780. I don't recall in recent years a lower figure. Must have been a ghost town inside Meehan. Hopefully, the AD will promote tonight's game.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Well, that was fun!
    Looking for more fun tomorrow. See you tomorrow at Meehan. Don't take my parking spot

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

Well, that was fun!

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    I just got home and am tuning into the game. What is going on? I could see a W but not this score at end of one. I saw the adrenalin rush but thought it would be tomorrow
    Clarkson was prepared to face the Brown team they played up in Potsdam. Accordingly, they were run out of the building by a desperate team playing with lots of tenacity. Shots in the first were 11-4 Brown. That's right - we scored as many times as they put the puck on net!

But then the adrenaline ran out for Brown and Clarkson woke up. Clarkson controlled most of the second, and was able to catch Brown napping on a couple of breakaways. They outshot us, 13-9, but it felt much worse.

Here's to hoping the third is more like the first than the second.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    So...this is pretty cool.
    I just got home and am tuning into the game. What is going on? I could see a W but not this score at end of one. I saw the adrenalin rush but thought it would be tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

4-0 After one wow !

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

So...this is pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Notwithstanding all of the injuries I really do see this time Bruno overcoming them and taking 4 points this weekend. Senior night should get Mark and Company going and I think Brown wants revenge against Clarkson after its performance in the North Country.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hutter
    replied

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    For you Mike Hutter. I don’t know if this interests you but several Alb. Devils will be signing autographs @the Hockey Giant store on Wolfe Rd. Wed. from 6-8pm. Loritto will be one.
    I passed on this one. Matt has been very generous with his time after games with my grandchildren.

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied
    Originally posted by Kane88 View Post
    Lets slow down here with the recruiting speculation. Ya Miles Wood and Kevin Roy are bona fide studs, but Derrick Roy and Blake Weyrick have both flamed out and have proven to not be capable Division 1 goaltenders. In regards to the lineup.. playing time should be given out on nothing other than current play and work ethic. You have to believe that the coaching staff is making decisions in the best interest of the club. College athletics isn't about getting a chance and lets see what he/she has to offer. Its about earning that chance. #bears
    At a certain point, work ethic simply cannot overcome a dearth of talent. Though he is an extremely likable figure and has excelled in recruiting top talent during his tenure, Brendan Whittet has shown time and again that he will often sit more skilled and intelligent players in favor of big guys who appear to have "grit" and "toughness." And it's ok to disagree with those decisions. After seven years at the helm and a career winning percentage of .388, coach Whittet has not exactly earned immunity from being fairly critiqued by those who invest time, money and emotion in his team each week.

Also, for what it's worth, Weyrick has a .924 save percentage in the NAHL this season, and would almost certainly be an improvement - even if it were a marginal one - over the current crop of goaltenders that we have. I reiterate my sympathy for coach Whittet, who did a truly incredible job of luring such high-end talents as Wood, Roy, Widman, Weyrick and Doherty to Brown in the first place, only to have to watch them continue their careers elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Kane88
    replied

Lets slow down here with the recruiting speculation. Ya Miles Wood and Kevin Roy are bona fide studs, but Derrick Roy and Blake Weyrick have both flamed out and have proven to not be capable Division 1 goaltenders. In regards to the lineup.. playing time should be given out on nothing other than current play and work ethic. You have to believe that the coaching staff is making decisions in the best interest of the club. College athletics isn't about getting a chance and lets see what he/she has to offer. Its about earning that chance. #bears

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied
    Originally posted by ursecure
    Doane is out with a broken foot, broke it blocking shot in practice. Scherer had hurt his wrist but is practicing full contact. Waiting for Whittet to give Wynne a chance. He had scholarship offers from several Hockey East schools and chose Brown. What do we have to lose with only 4 wins.
    Wow - didn't know about Doane or Scherer's injuries. This is crazy! We've had some injury-plagued teams in the past, but this one takes the cake, especially if you consider that Kyle Kramer and Braedan Russell both were forced to hang up their skates for good earlier this year.

I liked what I saw of Wynne whenever he played - I forget which games. I definitely agree that it's time to experiment, since nothing is working at the moment.

I wonder who will fill Willman's spot in the lineup? I would imagine it'll have to be another defender, since we're out of forwards...

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

Whoops - I missed one of his tweets. Apparently Dane Cooper is out for the year, as well, after undergoing an emergency appendectomy. So our defensive depth is limited as well.

I'd expect to see something like this against SLU and Clarkson:

Marchin-Naclerio-Lappin
    Pryzbek-Lafferty-Bird
    Doane-Corcoran-Brink
    Rossi-Middleton-Prescott

Gottlieb-McArdle
    Pfeil-Wood
    Schoo-Tegtmeyer

Not exactly awe-inspiring, but the roster is depleted at this point. I hope Scherer gets some minutes this weekend, but he appears to have fallen out of favor for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

Mark Divver reported on Twitter than Max Willman is out for the season with a broken hand. He blocked a shot against Cornell and sustained the injury.

We have absolutely no forward depth now (as opposed to "extremely limited depth").

Leave a comment:

Working...
X