• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

14 incoming freshmen next year, that seems pretty big for Brown

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Yes, Wild Thing has apparently become Bobby's anthem among Devils' diehards. They really love him there.
      As a follow-up, from Fire & Ice devils' Blog - last part of story http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fi...name-1.1484924

Comment

I noticed today that Massimo Lammachia signed a contract today with Wheeling (ECHL). That puts 4 from last year's team in the pros - Lorito (AHL - Albany); Harlow (ECHL - Manchester); and DeConcylis (Europe). Looks like only Ryan Jacobsen didn't continue his hockey playing in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Hokydad.. where are you seeing this. College Hockey News and a few other websites have the class size around 9-10. Just wondering if I have missed a string of recent commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Where did you get this idea? From Chris Heisenberg's page? That page isn't 100% accurate. Nor are most other lists.

The number of recruiting slots is determined by the administration. Men's hockey averages about 8 a year.
            Last edited by Euler18; 01-05-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Eight of our 14 remaining games are against teams that are currently ranked in the USCHO top 20. That's a pretty tall order for a young team, but if they can emulate the Providence performance consistently they could come out with a winning record and a decent seed for the ECAC playoffs.

A home playoff series would be nice. We all remember the sensational run the team went on the last time we played a series at Meehan...

Comment

Gonna be a fun weekend, just watching the Bruins game and see that Farnham is in hot water
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Gonna be a fun weekend, just watching the Bruins game and see that Farnham is in hot water
                  Here is story about Bobby's suspension with a video of the check:

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fi...skin-1.1490754

Comment

I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I see we outshot Yale by 14 and lost. I have a hunch that if the shot margin is similar tonight, we'll find a way to win.

Although in fairness, they do have a BIG advantage in net with Alex Lyon. He's an excellent player who can steal them games even when they're outshot by such a substantial margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                      Here is story about Bobby's suspension with a video of the check:

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fi...skin-1.1490754
                      Good call on the suspension. Bobby needs to learn how to control his emotions and funnel them in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I see we outshot Yale by 14 and lost. I have a hunch that if the shot margin is similar tonight, we'll find a way to win.

Although in fairness, they do have a BIG advantage in net with Alex Lyon. He's an excellent player who can steal them games even when they're outshot by such a substantial margin.
                        Beside the two defensive breakdowns by Brown on the breakaway and the odd man rush, Lyon and his posts were the difference. Interesting game as Brown owned the first then momentum slowly swung back to Yale through the late second and third with Yale barely hanging on in the end. Also cool to see a relatively clean game by these two teams, alot of hard hitting but no real chippy stuff, which was a hallmark of these games in the past. See you at Meehan tonight.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

LT - on the subject of playing clean hockey, it's funny that these two teams have the two lowest PIM averages in the country. Usually it's quite the opposite!

Comment

Yale actually had the lowest D-1 PIM average last year as well, until they played BU in New Hampshire in March.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Frustrating to play well two nights in a row and not come away with a point.

Comment

Two great games, Brown seemed to tire tonight. I think Yales depth won out. Both goalies were stellar and the Brown goalie had no chance on the game winner. Nice to see a semi decent crowd at Meehan. Good luck the rest of the way.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X