Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2015-16: (s)Lappin' around the competition

Gottlieb has potential to be a top level offensive defenseman in the ECAC. Reminds me a bunch of Bayreuther at Saint Lawrence. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. GO Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane88 View Post
      Gottlieb has potential to be a top level offensive defenseman in the ECAC. Reminds me a bunch of Bayreuther at Saint Lawrence. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. GO Bears.
      And his defense isn't bad, indeed it is very good. His year in juniors in Alberta and then the USHL got him ready to paly DI right at the start. And he wasn't poached by another team!!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
        200' x 100'
        I didn't see the game. Did the size of the rink explain, perhaps in part that Colgate had only 14 shots on goal?

Comment

Meanwhile, Northeastern is beating Lowell in the third and has a five minute power play. We might have a chance to get some Royvenge tomorrow.

Comment

Never mind - Lowell tied it with a minute left and won in OT. That's ok, I don't mind taking a crack at #4 in the country, either!

Comment

We have been completely and totally overmatched by this team. I don't know if we have any shots yet.

Comment

Well, we got lucky there at the end. It could be a LOT worse than 2-1.

Comment

Good gravy, our first line is incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    Good gravy, our first line is incredible!
                    You can say that again. Congratulations to Brown on a great weekend of hockey. They never stopped working and gave Lowell everything they could handle tonight. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      You can say that again. Congratulations to Brown on a great weekend of hockey. They never stopped working and gave Lowell everything they could handle tonight. Best of luck the rest of the way.
                      Thanks! Back at you.

Today's game was hectic and wild in all the best ways. I was very encouraged by our response after falling behind and not having much possession in the first period. Things are looking up for us.

The Quinnipiac game next Saturday will be a MASSIVE test.

Comment

Now we just have to wonder what it would take to get the Draft Pick line to start scoring. Cant beat great teams with only one line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                          Euler:

Have you arrived? How about posts - "Euler's Excellent Adventure" - regarding what you are seeing hockey-wise?
                          Mike,

I've been posting photos and comments to my facebook page.

Comment

GREAT INAUGURAL TOURNAMENT IN BELFAST

The Brown delegation had a terrific time in Belfast. We were welcomed with open arms by the Giants Hockey organization, by Lord Mayor Anders Carson and other officials of the city of Belfast, and by the local fans. Lord Mayor Carson hosted us for dinner on Wednesday night and was present for the opening faceoff. I lost track of how many times I was stopped in the street by locals with questions about Brown University and the tournament. (We made sure we were Brown jackets, shirts and hats throughout our stay.)

Our student athletes were first-class representatives of Brown University both on and off the ice. They visited locals schools to work with young kids. They were consistently praised by the Odyssey Arena staff for their courteous demeanor. And they played two very strong games, demonstrating great skill and sportsmanship. The Bears dominated Colgate, played even with Lowell (despite Lowell's talent and number four national ranking), and probably deserved to have won the tournament.

Yes, we found time for sightseeing and cultural activities -- trips to Carrick-a-Rede, the Giant Causeway, and Bushmills; black cab tours of the protestant and catholic neighborhoods for a lesson on the troubled history of the beautiful city of Belfast; visits to City Hall and other monuments. Thanksgiving dinner at Stix and Stones was a memorable affair. Coach Whittet's moving words at dinner, spoken from the heart, will remain private, but let me simply state that Whittet understands that there's more than Xs and Os to coaching young men at an Ivy League university. I had no doubts that he was the right man for the job when we selected him in 2009, and I remain totally confident about his ability to lead our program.

I am honored to be part of the Brown hockey family and to have been included in the Brown delegation.

I'm proud of our hockey program -- players, coaches, support staff.

Last, but not least, Sarah Fraser did a wonderful job organizing this trip. Every detail was taken care of. Sarah, you're the best.
                            Last edited by Euler18; 11-29-2015, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Recently was able to catch a NTDP U17 game in Michigan. Great to see that 2017-2018 recruit Philip Kemp was elected captain. Hopefully the Brown Staff can continue to build on the solid pipeline of commitments after the strong showing in Belfast.

Comment

Hey guys,

Will be heading up for Saturday's game from Hamden. Is there a bar with decent food close to Meehan that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

-dog

Comment

Working...
                                X