X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    That fan deserves all the ridicule he got... but as far a gutless and bush-league, Martin's punch is way up there. Here is another fan who instead of condemning what a player did, chooses to change the subject to "hey, look what others have done". By the way, as a gopher fan I'm sure you have conveniently forgotten Cepis throwing punches from behind a ref...
    Cue bringing up the handshake line in 3...2...1...
    Show me a scrum and I'll show you a player throwing punches behind a ref.

Handshake line was already mentioned.

I'll go with Cary Eades for the win.

To bad there isn't a clip of that bush league NoDak behavior.

Now back to the kiddy table for you, Sweet Pea.

We'll leave the Michiganers to their thread.
    Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 01-19-2016, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    What could possibly be more gutless and bush league for a fan than to flip off a D1 hockey player behind the safety of 3/4 inch plexiglass?!
    That fan deserves all the ridicule he got... but as far a gutless and bush-league, Martin's punch is way up there. Here is another fan who instead of condemning what a player did, chooses to change the subject to "hey, look what others have done". By the way, as a gopher fan I'm sure you have conveniently forgotten Cepis throwing punches from behind a ref...
    Cue bringing up the handshake line in 3...2...1...

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Who is heaping praises on him? Honest praises? Someone here?
    Then again, I really doubt the people you are condemning really care what you think of them.
    Then again, there I go assuming . All I saw was this - http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6257776

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    My goal is not heap more scorn on Cutler. But I think it's of silly to sing the praises of somebody who earned a 3-game suspension. There's some kind of fanatical element to that.

To earn three games, guy must've done something really bad, something that goes beyond what's even acceptable in the "heat of the moment".
    Who is heaping praises on him? Honest praises? Someone here?

Then again, I really doubt the people you are condemning really care what you think of them.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

My goal is not heap more scorn on Cutler. But I think it's of silly to sing the praises of somebody who earned a 3-game suspension. There's some kind of fanatical element to that.

To earn three games, guy must've done something really bad, something that goes beyond what's even acceptable in the "heat of the moment".

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

As I read it, the exhibition does count, for some reason. Not that I've been wrong before...

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Too bad there isn't...

What could possibly be more gutless and bush league for a fan than to flip off a D1 hockey player behind the safety of 3/4 inch plexiglass?!

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Ok. So then you go out and look for this crap?

I guess you can go and waste you time as you want.

Still, nobody here said it was good. Nor at Rival's or scout's hockey boards.
    I wasted my time clicking the first of those twitter links and found in the discussion the person that posted the video calling it a KO later said he expected a DQ and, "cheap shot, not a hockey play, ... Not a smart move"

If you go out searching for classless fans, you will find them in every fan base.

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Martin gets 3 games, Dancs 2.
    That's gonna hurt. Especially with Penn State as our next series. Wonder if not getting to play at Madison Square Garden will sting a little extra for Dancs and Martin (I'm assuming the exhibition vs. Jailbait on Thursday doesn't count as one of the games).

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Too bad there isn't...

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Ha!

This coming from a fan of a team that doesn't even know how to go through a handshake line.

bush-league = the fighting sun dogs, prairie chickens, or whatever the hell your team is now called.
    To bad there isn't a picture of that North Dakota fan flipping off the Michigan player during the tourney.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    I like the multitudes of michigan fans that came out on social media singing the praises of martin... KO this and KO that. It takes a special type of fan to turn something that gutless and bush-league into something to be proud of...
    Ha!

This coming from a fan of a team that doesn't even know how to go through a handshake line.

bush-league = the fighting sun dogs, prairie chickens, or whatever the hell your team is now called.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied

Martin gets 3 games, Dancs 2.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Ok. So then you go out and look for this crap?

I guess you can go and waste you time as you want.

Still, nobody here said it was good. Nor at Rival's or scout's hockey boards.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

Where?

I see nothing here, and I saw nothing on rivals or scout's hockey boards.

Heck, on rival's boards, the posts I've seen suggest he's getting a deserved suspension....

To me, it takes a special fan to go look for fans to dislike.
    https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/688886470313140224
    https://twitter.com/UofMDieHards/sta...96732026040320
    https://twitter.com/NickTaftMeadows/...48831501836288
    https://twitter.com/jnewman1081131/s...16208817680384
    https://twitter.com/BBaum17/status/689265592994545664
    https://twitter.com/PeytonKnoll/stat...18318717308929

This was just a quick search on twitter... there are plenty more.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    The usual BS from Michigan fans. Classy team, classy fan base. Talking to UM fans after a game is like a constant trip back to elementary school.

"BUT BUT BUT THEY STARTED IT! WHO CARES OF MARTIN PUNCHED A PLAYER IN THE FACE AS HE LAY PRONE ON THE ICE SEPARATED BY AN OFFICIAL? THEY STARTED IT!"
    So I did a little search- no idea why, but I did anyway. Both for Michigan and OSU fights.

Looks like the last time we had a fight that got any attention was back in 2008.

Interestingly enough, last time osu was in a fight was in 2013, against Miami for your men and Bemidji State for your women. Wait, your WOMEN'S team got into a brawl?!?!?

Funny how you like to try to put our program down. Check the mirror next time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X