• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfablue
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I honestly know very little inside information regarding the hockey program currently but from what I've witnessed (which isn't much) is that Wiseman has a chance. He's actually doing most of the in-game coaching from what can tell too. I guess that I'm on the outs as far as why you are not thrilled with Wiseman. Care to elaborate? Also, I've gotta believe that Coach Berenson has significant input on who takes over, he's earned that (and more). Obviously Coach would like for Mel to come home and take over, that's a given. However that does not appear too likely (but ya never know). With that being the case who do you think is his next choice? On the outside Danton Cole looks like a good selection but be careful, you don't want to go too far away from what got you here. Didn't we just learn that through the football debacle?

Onto another tangent, I love Yost as much as anyone but let's be honest, eventually we'll need a new arena. What are the odds that it is named the Berenson Ice Arena? I'd like to open the line at 4:1, although I think I'm underestimating it.
    I know Tech people will be pretty upset, but I do think Mel will come back and be HC. My dad is a Techie, and I think he's pretty convinced, too.

IF there's a new arena, I'd say the odds are really good for the Berenson name. Then again, some of the names of the facilities have nothing to do with that sport. So... Yost was a football guy, and Yost Field House did have some practices, but also was indoor track, basketball, etc. Fritz Crisler didn't exactly have anything do to with Basketball. Don Canham was the AD, not a swimming guy. I guess at least Ray Fisher was a Baseball coach. And I bet Alumni Field will quickly be renamed after Hutch retires.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    New info came out today on Rivals about the Hockey scenario.

It's all but officially announced that Red is retiring after the season.

What's going to stun you is the most commonly heard candidate. In order-

Danton Cole(!)
    Mel Pearson
    Brian Wiseman (*** )
    Nate Leaman of Providence (unlikely imo)
    Rand Pecknold of Quinnipiac
    Derek Schooley of Robert Morris
    Enrico Blasi.........

Danton Cole is said to be more interested in the Michigan job than an opening at state based on how he they treated him the last time they went looking for a coach and found a disgraced conference commissioner.

That's the name people are hearing the most aside from Pearson.
    I honestly know very little inside information regarding the hockey program currently but from what I've witnessed (which isn't much) is that Wiseman has a chance. He's actually doing most of the in-game coaching from what can tell too. I guess that I'm on the outs as far as why you are not thrilled with Wiseman. Care to elaborate? Also, I've gotta believe that Coach Berenson has significant input on who takes over, he's earned that (and more). Obviously Coach would like for Mel to come home and take over, that's a given. However that does not appear too likely (but ya never know). With that being the case who do you think is his next choice? On the outside Danton Cole looks like a good selection but be careful, you don't want to go too far away from what got you here. Didn't we just learn that through the football debacle?

Onto another tangent, I love Yost as much as anyone but let's be honest, eventually we'll need a new arena. What are the odds that it is named the Berenson Ice Arena? I'd like to open the line at 4:1, although I think I'm underestimating it.

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied

Bumping this to get the packers off the front page

"Go Blue!" to stay relevant

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
    Mind sharing a reference to the Rivals page you are referencing? The last news I had heard was from the Daily.
    The Michael Spath ITF extra. It's on the premium site.

Leave a comment:

• Khryx
    replied
    Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

Danton Cole(!)
    Mel Pearson
    Brian Wiseman (*** )
    Enrico Blasi.........

Danton Cole is said to be more interested in the Michigan job than an opening at state based on how he they treated him the last time they went looking for a coach and found a disgraced conference commissioner.

Mind sharing a reference to the Rivals page you are referencing? The last news I had heard was from the Daily.

Leave a comment:

• spartyon58
    replied

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    QUOTE=MGoBlueHockey;6284415]New info came out today on Rivals about the Hockey scenario.

What's going to stun you is the most commonly heard candidate. -

Pecknold's more interested in Hockey East... don't be surprised when they come and talk to Q.[/QUOTE]

Danton Cole would make sense with the number of commitments coming to UM from the NTDP.

Leave a comment:

• fr. joe
    replied

QUOTE=MGoBlueHockey;6284415]New info came out today on Rivals about the Hockey scenario.

What's going to stun you is the most commonly heard candidate. -

That's the name people are hearing the most aside from Pearson.[/QUOTE]

Pecknold's more interested in Hockey East... don't be surprised when they come and talk to Q.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
    Zach Hyman has been called up by the Toronto Maple Leafs and will make his NHL debut tonight!

http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-leafs-re...panen-1.445282
    Zach had 15:58 of ice time, 22 shifts, 2 shots, and 1 hit. Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• umichjim
    replied

Zach Hyman has been called up by the Toronto Maple Leafs and will make his NHL debut tonight!

http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-leafs-re...panen-1.445282

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    You are correct. I had it that way but somehow got them reversed when I made the post. I should have read it over to double check before hitting "Post" just like using "Sweeping" in the part about the Michigan remaining schedule when it SHOULD have been "Sweep".
    Hoping the buckeyes can Pick up a point or 2 this weekend but I doubt it considering how they have played defense lately.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Its the other way around the 3 vs 6 gets the #2 seed and 4 vs 5 gets the #1 seed
    You are correct. I had it that way but somehow got them reversed when I made the post. I should have read it over to double check before hitting "Post" just like using "Sweeping" in the part about the Michigan remaining schedule when it SHOULD have been "Sweep".

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Danton Cole(!)
    Mel Pearson
    Brian Wiseman (*** )
    Enrico Blasi.........

Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 02-29-2016, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    I've been saying that for several weeks. As I see it we are now pretty much locked into the #2 seed n the B1G. The only question I see is the #4/#5 seed.

Current B1G standings going into tonight's game (Wis @ OSU - only ONE game on the last Saturday in Feb! I HATE B1G scheduling and not just in Hockey):
    Min - 36
    Mic - 35
    PSU - 29
    MSU - 16
    OSU - 16
    Wis - 9

Min has remaining games 2 v. MSU and 2 @ WIS. Min SHOULD have no problem sweeping those.
    Mic has home & home with OSU then 2 v. PSU. Mic SHOULD sweeping as long as they do not sink to the level of the competition.

The ONLY question I see as far as B1G seedings are concerned is whether MSU or OSU (currently tied @ 16 points) gets the #4 seed and which one gets the #5 seed. The rest are locked in PROVIDED Michigan does not play down to the level of the competition like they have had a propensity to do this season. I just do not see any way that Min drops any points the rest of the regular season. SO as far as I am concerned you can put it down in ink the B1G tourney will have PSU vs. Wis, winner gets Min in the semifinals and MSU v. OSU, winner gets Mic in the semifinals. The only thing realistically remaining to be settled is whether MSU or OSU will be the home team in their game.
    Its the other way around the 3 vs 6 gets the #2 seed and 4 vs 5 gets the #1 seed

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    if they lose the conference it doesn't sit on this game, but the crap show they put on at JLA in OT vs. MSU, the two "ties" vs. Wisconsin, the shootout loss to OSU and the loss to Minnesota at Yost.
    I've been saying that for several weeks. As I see it we are now pretty much locked into the #2 seed n the B1G. The only question I see is the #4/#5 seed.

Current B1G standings going into tonight's game (Wis @ OSU - only ONE game on the last Saturday in Feb! I HATE B1G scheduling and not just in Hockey):
    Min - 36
    Mic - 35
    PSU - 29
    MSU - 16
    OSU - 16
    Wis - 9

Min has remaining games 2 v. MSU and 2 @ WIS. Min SHOULD have no problem sweeping those.
    Mic has home & home with OSU then 2 v. PSU. Mic SHOULD sweeping as long as they do not sink to the level of the competition.

The ONLY question I see as far as B1G seedings are concerned is whether MSU or OSU (currently tied @ 16 points) gets the #4 seed and which one gets the #5 seed. The rest are locked in PROVIDED Michigan does not play down to the level of the competition like they have had a propensity to do this season. I just do not see any way that Min drops any points the rest of the regular season. SO as far as I am concerned you can put it down in ink the B1G tourney will have PSU vs. Wis, winner gets Min in the semifinals and MSU v. OSU, winner gets Mic in the semifinals. The only thing realistically remaining to be settled is whether MSU or OSU will be the home team in their game.
    Last edited by JoeZ; 02-27-2016, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

SO close to eliminating those mistakes. Still giving the puck away recklessly, still having Racine not paying attention, still allowing their offense make our D chase them around.

Not all the time, but enough that a team like Minnesota can really pounce on it.

And illustrates that our power offense isn't the key to winning it all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X