Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Congratulations on a big win this evening and for adding a little respect to the oft-maligned Big Ten. Best of luck tomorrow!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      What's going on i thought you guys were gonna win by 10?
      They didn't see a PP. This team feeds on the energy of a PP goal. The last five games Michigan had 3 PP goals in each. ND played a very disciplined game. Congrats to both teams on a great game

Comment

Michigan finally shows it can win close, low-scoring games. And what a time to show it.

And FINALLY an OT win!! 0-3-5 this year prior to tonight.

Michigan's last tournament win prior to tonight was over North Dakota in the 2011 Frozen Four. aka SHAWN HUNWICK OWNS ANOTHER GREEN AND WHITE TEAM.

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
        They didn't see a PP. This team feeds on the energy of a PP goal. The last five games Michigan had 3 PP goals in each. ND played a very disciplined game. Congrats to both teams on a great game
        I was saying all game "we need a powerplay, we need a powerplay"

Killed both of theirs and didn't even have one and still got the win. Must've been a confused fan if they thought Michigan was going to roll ND. I can't remember the last time Michigan just bulldozed a Jeff Jackson-coached team. Even when he was at LSSU, a thorn in the ***.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          I can't remember the last time Michigan just bulldozed a Jeff Jackson-coached team. Even when he was at LSSU, a thorn in the ***.
          It will be a good rivalry and a good challenge when they are in the B1G. Heck, let ALL the CCHA teams in! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            It will be a good rivalry and a good challenge when they are in the B1G. Heck, let ALL the CCHA teams in! LOL!
            I was actually just thinking that. A JJ coached team in our conference is a good thing for the required quality of play. Back when we had the combination of Ron Mason and Jeff Jackson as HC's- where the defense was dominant AND the offense was opportunistic helped all the teams. Teams don't have a choice but to understand how to play different kinds of teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
              What's going on i thought you guys were gonna win by 10?
              We scored 3. They scored 2. 3>2.

As someone has said many times, "simple math." Even in North Dakota.
              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Who does Michigan expect to loose to pro contracts once this year is wrapped up, will any of the CCM line begone early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dangle View Post
                  Who does Michigan expect to loose to pro contracts once this year is wrapped up, will any of the CCM line begone early.
                  Werenski was a possibility last season but decided to return. As such, he could leave early. I would love to see him play one more year as I think he still has some experience to gain at the college level on defense but his offensive game is great. He is currently a sophomore.

Connor is the only player from the CCM line that I have heard considerable talk about leaving early. I think most expect him to go pro after this season like Dylan Larkin last year. This being said I think all three are potential concerns for leaving early but I would love to see them all return.

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
                    Werenski was a possibility last season but decided to return. As such, he could leave early. I would love to see him play one more year as I think he still has some experience to gain at the college level on defense but his offensive game is great. He is currently a sophomore.

Connor is the only player from the CCM line that I have heard considerable talk about leaving early. I think most expect him to go pro after this season like Dylan Larkin last year. This being said I think all three are potential concerns for leaving early but I would love to see them all return.
                    The Blue Jackets would probably love to get Werenski early but what do I care, I'm a Red Wings fan!

Comment

That was the right kind of hockey game last night. 2 teams just playing hockey until one found a way to score one more goal than the other. Congrats on the win.

Comment

Goodnight, sweetheart, well it's time to go. I hate to leave you, but I really must say, Goodnight, sweetheart, goodnight.

Comment

Well, that sucked.

Compher may have gotten two goals, but he got an assist to UND's second goal. And the CCM line was on the ice for most of UND's goals.

For the weekend, they were scored on at least 6 times, unless I missed one. For the best line in the country, that's terrible.

Passing was bad all night, too. Given that they figured out ND last night- the fact that they could do nothing, that was a mystery.

Comment

Respects to Coach Red Berenson on a legendary career. An honor for UND to be his last adversary.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Well, that sucked.

Compher may have gotten two goals, but he got an assist to UND's second goal. And the CCM line was on the ice for most of UND's goals.

For the weekend, they were scored on at least 6 times, unless I missed one. For the best line in the country, that's terrible.

Passing was bad all night, too. Given that they figured out ND last night- the fact that they could do nothing, that was a mystery.
                              Well, there is one possible explanation...

Comment

Assuming I didn't miss anything, Michigan and UND have not played each other in hockey since Michigan left the WCHA except in tournaments (in season and post season). Anyone have any actual knowledge on why they don't schedule each other?

Comment

Working...
                                X