Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
    The voice of NASCAR, Allen Bestwick, will be the PxP guy for the games in Cincy.

Enjoy that good 'ole boy southern accent
    I guess he must be from SOUTHERN Rhode Island.
    As far as I'm concerned anybody will be better than John Buccigross.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned anyone but B1G commentary would be better. They typically don't read the line charts / press releases about how to pronounce players names (e.g. Cecconi during championship). One minute they will share an important fact / statistic or even just a random one but neglect to share something more important (e.g. Minnesota 3rd period goals: 52, mentioned; Michigan 3rd period goals: 71, not mentioned during championship). I use these as some I noted in the last broadcast but this type of thing seems routine.

EDIT: Also, what's with Dan Kelly and his 'Good Night ' at the end of the game? I heard him use it twice where the team was Michigan and once where the team was OSU.
      Last edited by Khryx; 03-21-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
        EDIT: Also, what's with Dan Kelly and his 'Good Night ' at the end of the game? I heard him use it twice where the team was Michigan and once where the team was OSU.
        He's done it to every team but one.

Random verb guy is the ultimate gopher fanboy.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
          As far as I'm concerned anyone but B1G commentary would be better. They typically don't read the line charts / press releases about how to pronounce players names (e.g. Cecconi during championship). One minute they will share an important fact / statistic or even just a random one but neglect to share something more important (e.g. Minnesota 3rd period goals: 52, mentioned; Michigan 3rd period goals: 71, not mentioned during championship). I use these as some I noted in the last broadcast but this type of thing seems routine.

They have Minnesota goons do hockey, that's why....
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            They have Minnesota goons do hockey, that's why....
            Those clowns seemed to be pretty excited and biased when Minnesota put us away last Friday.
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-22-2016, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Those clowns seems to be pretty excited and biased when Minnesota put us away last Friday.
              I've heard home radio announcers, that you expect to be biased, sound less biased than those guys.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Does anyone know the best way to get a video feed of the game? I'm looking at ESPN Player, but am hesitating to sign up & pay before I know that there's no free access somewhere else online.
                Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

I guess I haven't logged on for awhile now...

"Your password is 16882 days old, and has therefore expired."

Anyway, I don't get to as many games as I used to since I moved to Kentucky (2 this year). Is anyone going to Cincinnati? I'm wondering what the crowd will be like, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainiac View Post
                    I guess I haven't logged on for awhile now...

"Your password is 16882 days old, and has therefore expired."

Anyway, I don't get to as many games as I used to since I moved to Kentucky (2 this year). Is anyone going to Cincinnati? I'm wondering what the crowd will be like, if any.
                    I predict tickets will be available at the box office day of. Just now I checked ticketmaster for 8 together and got lower bowl.

I'm heading down to Cinci with a group of 3. I have many friends that couldn't get Friday off work and are thinking that if Friday's game goes in our favor they'll head down for Saturday. I've been to a lot of regionals following Michigan hockey, the crowd is typically ok for nearby (I'm thinking Ft. Worth is probably a comparable distance for many fans). I think the 5:30 on a Friday and Easter weekend might keep the crowd a little thinner. But I still expect more Michigan fans in Cinci than went to St Paul last weekend.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                      I predict tickets will be available at the box office day of. Just now I checked ticketmaster for 8 together and got lower bowl.

I'm heading down to Cinci with a group of 3. I have many friends that couldn't get Friday off work and are thinking that if Friday's game goes in our favor they'll head down for Saturday. I've been to a lot of regionals following Michigan hockey, the crowd is typically ok for nearby (I'm thinking Ft. Worth is probably a comparable distance for many fans). I think the 5:30 on a Friday and Easter weekend might keep the crowd a little thinner. But I still expect more Michigan fans in Cinci than went to St Paul last weekend.
                      On the other hand, a lot of us locals have Friday off, as well as Monday. Being a Fri-Sat regional helps a lot, too. That does not mean WE are coming, but potentially...

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Straight shot down I-75 once you hit Findlay and the best part for you guys is YOU DON'T GO THROUGH COLUMBUS! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                          Does anyone know the best way to get a video feed of the game? I'm looking at ESPN Player, but am hesitating to sign up & pay before I know that there's no free access somewhere else online.
                          It's on ESPN U, you probably don't get that channel though so my advice is download the ESPN app on your phone. You'll have to put your TV provider and password in though.
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Those clowns seemed to be pretty excited and biased when Minnesota put us away last Friday.

That's because they are Minnesota hockey alumni.

Comment

What is up with this?

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...17-2018-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                Didn't you see the other thread about this here on forum? It's been blowing up since it's posting yesterday!
                                The Chicago Tribune posted the story yesterday about it and I asked my friend Paul Caponigri who works for the B1G as a hockey TV play by play man and he confirmed it.
                                Question is, unless the last place team is out of tournament play they would have to bring ANOTHER team yet into the picture to have everyone in the tournament wouldn't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X