Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

First off, congrats to the Wolverines. You beat us. 3 PP goals will do that.

As for the previous comment on the B1G refs, I don't think you saw tonight's game. Horrible officiating. Called one play icing, and it was blatantly erroneous, then 30 seconds later you ignore an obvious icing (one was for MN, one was against, so it evened out). I don't think the refs knew how to spell the word "rules" nevermind actually knowing the rules.

That being said, it didn't affect the outcome at all. We just got beat.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hats off to Minnesota for their effort. Tent could have folded after the 2nd goal. Just the same, when you let Bristedt cruise down the slot unmolested he's going to score. The 2nd goal was more standing around and I thought for sure the B1G would waive it off (except it wasn't Michigan.) Racine did what he had to do and could not be faulted on the PP goal. Compher broke his stick and it was essentially a 5x3. No Downing also hurt in that situation. But only one PP for Minnesota tonight.

Disturbing that all the goals came off the top line's stick. That can't happen to advance in the NCAA's. Selman should have buried one tonight, too.

Re: officials. Brian Aaron apparently broke his shoulder. I think we had McInchak / Pochmara.

They let things go a bit too much on both sides. A ton of interference and clutch & grab. If they don't call that tackle on Nieves to set up the Werenski winner PPG, then we would know the jig was up.

The AR's were not any better, but it's the B1G. Besides, Minnesota had enough advantages: geography, last change, skating cheerleaders. Glad to see them buried until next season.

Now, on to Cincy and presumably Notre Dame. Payback for the past is in order in hockey, in football and now in BB.

Comment

Oh, come on. the Big Ten wanted Red to go out a winner. The refs were going to call penalties on MN until Michigan won.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Hats off to Minnesota for their effort. Tent could have folded after the 2nd goal. Just the same, when you let Bristedt cruise down the slot unmolested he's going to score. The 2nd goal was more standing around and I thought for sure the B1G would waive it off (except it wasn't Michigan.) Racine did what he had to do and could not be faulted on the PP goal. Compher broke his stick and it was essentially a 5x3. No Downing also hurt in that situation. But only one PP for Minnesota tonight.

Disturbing that all the goals came off the top line's stick. That can't happen to advance in the NCAA's. Selman should have buried one tonight, too.

Re: officials. Brian Aaron apparently broke his shoulder. I think we had McInchak / Pochmara.

They let things go a bit too much on both sides. A ton of interference and clutch & grab. If they don't call that tackle on Nieves to set up the Werenski winner PPG, then we would know the jig was up.

The AR's were not any better, but it's the B1G. Besides, Minnesota had enough advantages: geography, last change, skating cheerleaders. Glad to see them buried until next season.

Now, on to Cincy and presumably Notre Dame. Payback for the past is in order in hockey, in football and now in BB.
          But you guys have something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy: playing Hail eleventy billion times in 3 hours. Ok, ok, to be fair you have that ONE other song you play 3-4 times.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Thank you!
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
              Oh, come on. the Big Ten wanted Red to go out a winner. The refs were going to call penalties on MN until Michigan won.
              Yeah, sure. Tell me which one the Gophs didn't deserve, or the other 3 or 4 they didn't call? How about the punch in the chops from Seeley? The CFB that only got 2 minutes? There were plenty of breaks handed both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                First off, congrats to the Wolverines. You beat us. 3 PP goals will do that.

As for the previous comment on the B1G refs, I don't think you saw tonight's game. Horrible officiating. Called one play icing, and it was blatantly erroneous, then 30 seconds later you ignore an obvious icing (one was for MN, one was against, so it evened out). I don't think the refs knew how to spell the word "rules" nevermind actually knowing the rules.

That being said, it didn't affect the outcome at all. We just got beat.
                The holding that lead to the deciding goal was legit.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  But you guys have something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy: playing Hail eleventy billion times in 3 hours. Ok, ok, to be fair you have that ONE other song you play 3-4 times.
                  Well luckily we only heard the Rouser three times. That evens that up.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    The holding that lead to the deciding goal was legit.
                    Oh, he Federal Prison Arse Raped the guy. No question.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Thank you!
                      We've helped you twice now in getting into the tournament. The first time (2013) was not what we wanted.
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Minnesota hockey fans complain about refs as much as Indiana basketball fans do.

Now I know you guys don't know what a basketball even is so I'll clue you in: this is not a compliment.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Good on ya' blue. Now go make some noise.
                          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

congrats on your Title and Good Luck next weekend

Comment

I wouldn't call you a liar on that one.
                              Of course it doesn't hurt that the head of B1G hockey officiating and Red have been buddies and golfing partners for years now does it?

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                                Minnesota hockey fans complain about refs as much as Indiana basketball fans do.

Now I know you guys don't know what a basketball even is so I'll clue you in: this is not a compliment.
                                Agreed ( for the most part) however THIS Gopher fan thought the fix was in for a Gopher win, but I guess the fix was a little broken. Extremely entertaining game, though. Again I say, good luck going forward!
                                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Working...
                                X