Four overtimes.
        Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Bench clearing brawl.
        I think the correct answer is both now that you mention it

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
          when you figure out let me know.
          I like both the mega OT's and a brawl so we'll basically get a Club team to play tomorrow but you'd think ohio state has to run out of gas eventually. I just can't pull for them though (unless they are playing sparty but even then it's like kissing urban meyer's ugly sister).
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I hear you UMICH.

Did you guys see A J White's winning goal in 3OT for UMass-Lowell, overturned no goal call? Also A J happens to be from Dearborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
              I hear you UMICH.

Did you guys see A J White's winning goal in 3OT for UMass-Lowell, overturned no goal call? Also A J happens to be from Dearborn.
              Local kid- I missed that mention- saw the "goal", though. It was time to finish that game, but I do agree with the call- it was not an intentional kick in.

Comment

Well I guess I'm rooting for you guys now. Hope you saved some goals from yesterday to take out the gophers! If this is the end of Red's coaching tenure I'd like to see him go out on top.
                I also hope the officials are kinder to you tonight than they were to us.
                Good luck and Go Blue!
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-19-2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  Well I guess I'm rooting for you guys now. Hope you saved some goals from yesterday to take out the gophers! If this is the end of Red's coaching tenure I'd like to see him go out on top.
                  I also hope the officials are kinder to you tonight than they were to us.
                  Good luck and Go Blue!
                  Who would have thought a Buckeye fan would be cheering for a Michigan club.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Downing out.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Of course, Connor has been great to watch this season. But I finally got to see him twice in person, at Mariucci and then yesterday at the X. Just something special about being in person, something electric. Friday at Mariucci, when he sent that brilliant saucer pass to Motte, the turnover happened right in front of me (daughter and I were on the glass). There was that feeling, the incredible "Something great is going to happen" moment, and it did.

And yesterday. You watch and say, "He is the one."

The larger goal is the tenth title, like it has been for the last 18 years. This is a flawed team, so it's quite possible they won't get it. But there is at least one element of the team that you know can do something amazing, that gives them a chance. That's exciting.

RE: What Yost "used to be":

My daughter heard a Michigan band for the fourth time ever yesterday. We sat by them for two periods. Few people anywhere in the arena, empty seats everywhere... but the band was great. We loved everything about the trip. Yost may not be at its best, but it is still worlds better than the non-Yost neutral baseline.

/lurk
                      Jesus Saves

Comment

B1G Champs! Holy cow!

Way to go, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          B1G Champs! Holy cow!

Way to go, guys!
                          Congrats and best of luck.

BTW - Conner.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

A game well worth watching!
                            Congratulations to Michigan. I was hoping for us to be playing you tonight but I have to admit you guys were pretty sharp tonight and I don't know if we could have had enough energy to complete.
                            I'll be rooting for you as I hope the rest of the B1G does in supporting our conference in the NCAA's.
                            Good luck and give Red that National Championship to retire on!
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-19-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Connor:

I thought I would never see anything like the 90s glory days again. Great players? Sure. But the idea that a group of players could be so thoroughly dominant that they could score every time they step on the ice? No way. And Connor?

He's getting better.

Hockey is a sport where even the best players can get shut down by run of play, bad luck, etc. You just can't go to a game and KNOW that you're going to be dazzled. It just doesn't happen.

But it does with him. I've attended two games. Told my kids to watch #18. And he has been unforgettable.
                              Jesus Saves

Comment

God bless Steve Racine.

Looked grim after the 2nd period but the PP struck and is heating up at the perfect time of the year.

It's so sweet. Especially to stick it to the MN fanboy BTN announcers, the B1G refs and end the season of the team that ended ours last year.
                                ---
                                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                                19 Conference Championships
                                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X