Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    But geebus, they were terrible last night.
    The defense has been terrible all season

No disrespect to the Bucks because they took advantage of it, but I have not seen a Michigan team lay down like that in a while.
    I couldn't believe the 2nd period. It was all I could do to not leave at the 2nd intermission.

Unrelated to that, but equally bad was the officiating. If I do not see Brian Aaron do another game at Yost, I'll rejoice. The interference majors are an anomaly of trying to prevent injuries, but the goalie interference waive off? They spent twn minutes fly specking that to find something. Total crap show by the B1G ten.
    As far as I am concerned they need to put a time limit on video reviews. If it is not inconclusive it shouldn't take long. If it DOES take a long time then how on God's green Earth can they claim it is not inconclusive? If it is inconclusive then the original call stands.

Also from my vantage point it sure looked like Aaron was trying to "Sell" the goalie interference call. I could not see the screen they were looking at but they kept going back and Aaron kept putting his finger on the screen pointing out something he was seeing. They did that several times.

But, HEY, what can you expect from a B1G ref? They are upholding the fine tradition of the worst referees in the country do B1G games regardless of what sport is under discussion.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Man, to have been a fly on the wall in your guy's dressing room during 2nd intermission. I'd bet Red was HOT! Probably would have scorched my ears!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
        But, HEY, what can you expect from a B1G ref? They are upholding the fine tradition of the worst referees in the country do B1G games regardless of what sport is under discussion.
        The irony to that statement is Ohio State fans always believed the refs loved you guys a LOT more than us, especially with how tight Red & Piotrowski have always been!

Comment

FWIW I thought they got the goal wrong as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
            As far as I am concerned they need to put a time limit on video reviews. If it is not inconclusive it shouldn't take long. If it DOES take a long time then how on God's green Earth can they claim it is not inconclusive? If it is inconclusive then the original call stands.
            Nebraska-Omaha fans agree.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Nebraska-Omaha fans agree.
              1. They weren't B1G Ten / CCHA refs

2. This was apples to their sour grapes... a puck that mysteriously stayed out of the net in that case would be a physics miracle and the time they took was justified by the importance of the situation. In last night's case, the official is trying to make judgement on whether a player who was trying to deflect a shot, "purposely" interfered with a goalie's ability to make a save. It was as big a mind stretch as any video review would allow, especially since the call on the ice was a goal. In short, Aaron and his partner are incompetent and were looking for something that wasn't there.

Comment

2. This was apples to their sour grapes... a puck that mysteriously stayed out of the net in that case would be a physics miracle and the time they took was justified by the importance of the situation. In last night's case, the official is trying to make judgement on whether a player who was trying to deflect a shot, "purposely" interfered with a goalie's ability to make a save. It was as big a mind stretch as any video review would allow, especially since the call on the ice was a goal. In short, Aaron and his partner are incompetent and were looking for something that wasn't there.
                I dont know what they saw in that replay but did he ever touch Frey? As a Buckeye fan i think Michigan got the shaft on that call.

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post

Hey, I don't like either team involved in that game. All I know is there are sitcom episodes that don't last as long as that review. FWIW, I agree that if you can't overturn a call after about 30 seconds of review, you have no business overturning it at all.
                  Last edited by SJHovey; 03-05-2016, 05:53 PM.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Hey, I don't like either team involved in that game.
                    I guess that's your problem.

All I know is there are sitcom episodes that don't last as long as that review. FWIW, I agree that if you can't overturn a call after about 30 seconds of review, you have no business overturning it at all.
                    I don't disagree, but in the case of the UNO-Michigan game, no definitive on ice call was made. The officials were as confused as the players and took it to review. It's one thing to debate whether a goal was scored without any indication. It is entirely another to debate if a goal was scored illegally after it was already ruled a goal. FWIW, it's water under the bridge now, except for the fact that Brian Aaron has proven his incompetence again.

Comment

Unbelievably, a win tomorrow and Michigan is back in it for the B1G Championship. MSU shut out the gophers tonight, 5-0.
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        Unbelievably, a win tomorrow and Michigan is back in it for the B1G Championship. MSU shut out the gophers tonight, 5-0.
                        Wisco and Sparty did Michigan huge favors last night. Blue can gain points on both Minny and PSU today. They MUST take advantage of the opportunity and get back on track!
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                          Wisco and Sparty did Michigan huge favors last night. Blue can gain points on both Minny and PSU today. They MUST take advantage of the opportunity and get back on track!
                          A win today means that PSU has to sweep at Yost to even tie for 2nd place. That is significant.

I don't put much stock in Michigan's chances of winning three straight games combined with Wisconsin taking any points from Minnesota in Gopherland.

Comment

There are idiots that will say this is just one game.
                            ---
                            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Two weeks ago, B1G Championship was in the cards. Now? Have to split next weekend to get a first round bye in the conference tournament.

24 goals allowed against one team in four games. 6 goals per game. And that one team happens to be the one that Michigan has owned its entire history. This is the first time osu has won the season series in 17 years.

Thankfully we won't have to see this style of play another season. For the love God, at least send Red off with a win on Saturday in his final game at Yost.
                              Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 03-06-2016, 05:25 PM.
                              ---
                              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                                Thankfully we won't have to see this style of play another season. For the love God, at least send Red off with a win on Saturday in his final game at Yost.
                                Forgive me for asking, if you don't like this play that much, why do you watch? Not many of the current fans have been around longer than Red, so I suspect you are pretty used to this.

I'm quite angry with the team, too. But "this play" is pretty ****ed fun to watch for me. All but how this D is turning out. Give you hope, and take it all back.

Comment

Working...
                                X