Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Danton Cole would be the bigger hire right now and from what that article said, he's the leading candidate right now.

That UAH team he took to the NCAA Tournament nearly upset Miami and would've faced Michigan in the regional final. It was only a 2-1 loss.
    Knowing Danton, I think you'd have an easier time selling me that Mel Pearson will be the new head coach...at Michigan State. Cole isn't going to Michigan. Period. Paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Hockey is an afterthought at Michigan.
      I think you are mistaking the third most popular and third most important sport at Michigan as an afterthought.

I know you've been to games here- not sure how you come up with that.

I also disagree about the rink being a negative. The only issue right now is that the offices are being shared by another program. But in terms of working and playing here, well- the facilities are really nice. A lot of us don't like how the visitors area has worked out, too- so there is some movement, I hear, to address that.

Not to say that there will not be a new rink someday. But it's not a distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        I think you are mistaking the third most popular and third most important sport at Michigan as an afterthought.

I know you've been to games here- not sure how you come up with that.

I also disagree about the rink being a negative. The only issue right now is that the offices are being shared by another program. But in terms of working and playing here, well- the facilities are really nice. A lot of us don't like how the visitors area has worked out, too- so there is some movement, I hear, to address that.

Not to say that there will not be a new rink someday. But it's not a distraction.
        Hockey was the #2 sport on campus for the entirety of the 2000s depending on who you ask.

Once Basketball got hot and started winning championships in 2011-12, Hockey started playing pretty poorly. It happened in the same year, oddly.

Now that Basketball is having a down year, Hockey is having a good season if you look at the record. Weird stuff.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          It's really hard to say the rink is a negative without knowing what the behind the scenes facilities are like. A smaller intimate building like Yost could be an asset because it's easier to fill. As long as the amenities are there for the coaches and players, I think you're over stating it...it's not the Ralph but nothing else is and I'm sure right now, the Badgers wish they had a smaller hockey rink so it didn't feel so empty.
          I agree with that, I'm sure they do.
          The behind the scenes facilities are pretty good, I'll admit, but a recruit looks at more than that and his parents look at more than that. Now I also said,... recruiting is relatively easier, so... at any rate, it's not Omaha, or Rochester, or State College, or any number of other, nicer rinks around. In other words, It's not a selling point, and if it's not a selling point, it's a negative. to make an analogy. If you are a New England recruit, Northeastern can try all they want to sell you that Matthews is so great, but comparing it to Agganis?
          Last edited by manurespreader; 03-02-2016, 07:45 PM.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Home and Home with the Buckeyes starting tonight.

Can we keep in track for the B1G regular season? And just as important, can we keep solidly in the hunt for an at large bid?

I know we panned the D pretty badly last week for the loss- but honestly, the do seem to be playing better. That 3-2 OT loss could have been 5-2 3rd period meltdown- especially when Racine lets a soft one in like that.

The passing and offense from the passing is what really let us down Friday. Can be fixed- based on what we have seen.

Comment

Can we keep in track for the B1G regular season? And just as important, can we keep solidly in the hunt for an at large bid?

I know we panned the D pretty badly last week for the loss- but honestly, the do seem to be playing better. That 3-2 OT loss could have been 5-2 3rd period meltdown- especially when Racine lets a soft one in like that.

The passing and offense from the passing is what really let us down Friday. Can be fixed- based on what we have seen.
              You guys sitting at 6 should be a lock unless a complete meltdown happens over the next 2 weekends. See you guys in a few hours hoping for 2 good games this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                You guys sitting at 6 should be a lock unless a complete meltdown happens over the next 2 weekends. See you guys in a few hours hoping for 2 good games this weekend.
                Are you coming up, or just going to the game at Nationwide?

Comment

Are you coming up, or just going to the game at Nationwide?
                  I dont miss a game at yost living in toledo im just a short drive away. Love the experience in that place.

Comment

Expect a high-scoring ****show where no defense whatsoever is played. That's what usually happens in this game.
                    ---
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Wow, I could not have been more wrong about the progress. That was the most pathetic game I've seen our team play in quite some time.

Other than the first few min where we scored, we were out played, out hustled, out thought, out hit, etc.

Worse yet, the team pretty much showed that if you can mentally get under their skin, they become totally ineffective.

Must have been the worst practice week ever.

Comment

Brutal.

All I have to say.
                        ---
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Wow, I could not have been more wrong about the progress. That was the most pathetic game I've seen our team play in quite some time.
                          Other than the first few min where we scored, we were out played, out hustled, out thought, out hit, etc.
                          Worse yet, the team pretty much showed that if you can mentally get under their skin, they become totally ineffective.
                          Must have been the worst practice week ever.
                          A few posts previously it was pointed out that Wiseman is doing most of the in game coaching.
                          THIS one was certainly a ringing endorsement of his chances of following Red.
                          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7
                          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                            A few posts previously it was pointed out that Wiseman is doing most of the in game coaching.
                            I find it very interesting that Billy Powers name wasn't brought up in that conversation.
                            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7
                            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                              I wonder if any of this retirement talk had an impact.

We could have easily left it until post season- when it really matters. But no, some odd curiosity to just know forces people do look into this- and any drama with the coaches can have an impact on the team- be it from the coaches or the players side.

Now that someone let the cat out- no way of getting it back in the cage....

Comment

I wonder if any of this retirement talk had an impact.

We could have easily left it until post season- when it really matters. But no, some odd curiosity to just know forces people do look into this- and any drama with the coaches can have an impact on the team- be it from the coaches or the players side.

Now that someone let the cat out- no way of getting it back in the cage....
                                I'm sure it is in the back of the team's mind. Red has been pretty salty with the media, so it appears to be a distraction. But geebus, they were terrible last night. No disrespect to the Bucks because they took advantage of it, but I have not seen a Michigan team lay down like that in a while.

Unrelated to that, but equally bad was the officiating. If I do not see Brian Aaron do another game at Yost, I'll rejoice. The interference majors are an anomaly of trying to prevent injuries, but the goalie interference waive off? They spent twn minutes fly specking that to find something. Total crap show by the B1G ten.

Comment

Working...
                                X