Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I don't even remember what I had (if anything) but I'd rather watch the game from the comfort of my own home where the beer is free, bathroom is close by, and there isn't the background noise of pins being smacked around. I'll be stay home.
    That's too bad. The Dekers- which is to say the team- does benefit by our spending money.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      That's too bad. The Dekers- which is to say the team- does benefit by our spending money.
      Yea I support The Dekers but it's just not worth it when I get the channel the game is on. I went the last time they had something at Revel & Roll because the game that day (@BC) was on a station that I do not receive. If The Dekers has these watch parties coinciding with games televised on out of area networks I'll be much more likely to attend. Buut like I said, when it's on FSD or BTN I'll be staying home. I get into Michigan Hockey games and typically do not like others round while watching. Especially if they make a comment that I happen to disagree with.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Huge win last night, but the telling tale will be how they will answer Minnesota tonight. I suspect, like in A2, that the Gophers will be much better. Kudos to the boys for the best defensive game I have witnessed all season up until the last three minutes. A total azz kicking.

Comment

I only watched the first and second period- interesting defensive effort. While Minny got a lot of shots, not many of them were really good ones- the best one coming in the 2nd where Racine kept his head up and stole a great chance. Even the PK was effective.

Going to bed, I figured that there was a good chance the offense would get rolling in the 3rd- they had quite a few really great opportunities late in the 2nd, and I didn't see any reason that those would not happen in the third. And that Compher/Connor goal was really sweet.

Hopefully, the last couple of min does not mean that the game tonight will be that much different.

Comment

That one was tough to swallow. Need goaltending after the team played well defensively this series. Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              That one was tough to swallow. Need goaltending after the team played well defensively this series. Awful.
              Yea, that dump-in goal killed. Schierhorn played very well today too (along with Michigan blowing some golden opportunities). It hurts but a split was the best-case scenario I thought before the series. Granted I wanted more after Thursday but I got greedy.....
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

They were five minutes short of tying and going to a shootout which would have kept them on top of the conference. Should have never come to that, but if they lose the conference it doesn't sit on this game, but the crap show they put on at JLA in OT vs. MSU, the two "ties" vs. Wisconsin, the shootout loss to OSU and the loss to Minnesota at Yost. I thought they played pretty well in both of these games except for the goaltending on Friday. Racine actually kept them in the game on Thursday until they pulled away.

The only thing they can do is focus on the next one.

Comment

SO close to eliminating those mistakes. Still giving the puck away recklessly, still having Racine not paying attention, still allowing their offense make our D chase them around.

Not all the time, but enough that a team like Minnesota can really pounce on it.

And illustrates that our power offense isn't the key to winning it all.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    if they lose the conference it doesn't sit on this game, but the crap show they put on at JLA in OT vs. MSU, the two "ties" vs. Wisconsin, the shootout loss to OSU and the loss to Minnesota at Yost.
                    I've been saying that for several weeks. As I see it we are now pretty much locked into the #2 seed n the B1G. The only question I see is the #4/#5 seed.

Current B1G standings going into tonight's game (Wis @ OSU - only ONE game on the last Saturday in Feb! I HATE B1G scheduling and not just in Hockey):
                    Min - 36
                    Mic - 35
                    PSU - 29
                    MSU - 16
                    OSU - 16
                    Wis - 9

Min has remaining games 2 v. MSU and 2 @ WIS. Min SHOULD have no problem sweeping those.
                    Mic has home & home with OSU then 2 v. PSU. Mic SHOULD sweeping as long as they do not sink to the level of the competition.

The ONLY question I see as far as B1G seedings are concerned is whether MSU or OSU (currently tied @ 16 points) gets the #4 seed and which one gets the #5 seed. The rest are locked in PROVIDED Michigan does not play down to the level of the competition like they have had a propensity to do this season. I just do not see any way that Min drops any points the rest of the regular season. SO as far as I am concerned you can put it down in ink the B1G tourney will have PSU vs. Wis, winner gets Min in the semifinals and MSU v. OSU, winner gets Mic in the semifinals. The only thing realistically remaining to be settled is whether MSU or OSU will be the home team in their game.
                    Last edited by JoeZ; 02-27-2016, 02:54 PM.
                    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7
                    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                      I've been saying that for several weeks. As I see it we are now pretty much locked into the #2 seed n the B1G. The only question I see is the #4/#5 seed.

Current B1G standings going into tonight's game (Wis @ OSU - only ONE game on the last Saturday in Feb! I HATE B1G scheduling and not just in Hockey):
                      Min - 36
                      Mic - 35
                      PSU - 29
                      MSU - 16
                      OSU - 16
                      Wis - 9

Min has remaining games 2 v. MSU and 2 @ WIS. Min SHOULD have no problem sweeping those.
                      Mic has home & home with OSU then 2 v. PSU. Mic SHOULD sweeping as long as they do not sink to the level of the competition.

The ONLY question I see as far as B1G seedings are concerned is whether MSU or OSU (currently tied @ 16 points) gets the #4 seed and which one gets the #5 seed. The rest are locked in PROVIDED Michigan does not play down to the level of the competition like they have had a propensity to do this season. I just do not see any way that Min drops any points the rest of the regular season. SO as far as I am concerned you can put it down in ink the B1G tourney will have PSU vs. Wis, winner gets Min in the semifinals and MSU v. OSU, winner gets Mic in the semifinals. The only thing realistically remaining to be settled is whether MSU or OSU will be the home team in their game.
                      Its the other way around the 3 vs 6 gets the #2 seed and 4 vs 5 gets the #1 seed

Comment

New info came out today on Rivals about the Hockey scenario.

It's all but officially announced that Red is retiring after the season.

What's going to stun you is the most commonly heard candidate. In order-

Danton Cole(!)
                        Mel Pearson
                        Brian Wiseman (*** )
                        Nate Leaman of Providence (unlikely imo)
                        Rand Pecknold of Quinnipiac
                        Derek Schooley of Robert Morris
                        Enrico Blasi.........

Danton Cole is said to be more interested in the Michigan job than an opening at state based on how he they treated him the last time they went looking for a coach and found a disgraced conference commissioner.

That's the name people are hearing the most aside from Pearson.
                        Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 02-29-2016, 10:27 AM.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                          Its the other way around the 3 vs 6 gets the #2 seed and 4 vs 5 gets the #1 seed
                          You are correct. I had it that way but somehow got them reversed when I made the post. I should have read it over to double check before hitting "Post" just like using "Sweeping" in the part about the Michigan remaining schedule when it SHOULD have been "Sweep".
                          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7
                          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                            You are correct. I had it that way but somehow got them reversed when I made the post. I should have read it over to double check before hitting "Post" just like using "Sweeping" in the part about the Michigan remaining schedule when it SHOULD have been "Sweep".
                            Hoping the buckeyes can Pick up a point or 2 this weekend but I doubt it considering how they have played defense lately.

Comment

Zach Hyman has been called up by the Toronto Maple Leafs and will make his NHL debut tonight!

http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-leafs-re...panen-1.445282
                              The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                                Zach Hyman has been called up by the Toronto Maple Leafs and will make his NHL debut tonight!

http://www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-leafs-re...panen-1.445282
                                Zach had 15:58 of ice time, 22 shifts, 2 shots, and 1 hit. Not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X