Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    This is the type of team we have- and when they don't outscore their mistakes they are exposed. Why are you surprised about that?
    Not surprised just disappointed in that they have a propensity to think that all they have to do is put their sticks on the ice and a "W" naturally follows, that they are somehow "Entitled".
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Save Ferris!
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
        Save Ferris!
        Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Good win at home (finally) against a team that gives up as much offense and they create. Makes it a clean sweep over WCHA opponents this season and all the games were competitive. Now the focus shifts to Minnesota and a place where Michigan hasn't done well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            Good win at home (finally) against a team that gives up as much offense and they create. Makes it a clean sweep over WCHA opponents this season and all the games were competitive. Now the focus shifts to Minnesota and a place where Michigan hasn't done well at all.
            I didn't go to the game but I did watch it online. I really didn't see much interms of offense from Ferris. That includes the inevitable give-aways in our own zone that Michigan typically gives up multiple times a gam. Michihgan played very sound defenseively. What concerned me yesterday (not enough to ever doubt the outcome of the gam though) was Racine. First let me inform you that I have no problem with Racine. He's winning games, that's all I can ask from him. However both goals last night seemed weak. As long as our offense is on-point we can overcome that. When it is shut down we can't (I point to the 12/12 Minnesota games as my evidence).

Has anyone ever done well at Minnesota? I'd love a sweep but even a split would make me happy. It's a Thursday/Friday series next week, I hope our guys can assimilate to the large sheet quickly.
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              I didn't go to the game but I did watch it online. I really didn't see much interms of offense from Ferris. That includes the inevitable give-aways in our own zone that Michigan typically gives up multiple times a gam. Michihgan played very sound defenseively. What concerned me yesterday (not enough to ever doubt the outcome of the gam though) was Racine. First let me inform you that I have no problem with Racine. He's winning games, that's all I can ask from him. However both goals last night seemed weak. As long as our offense is on-point we can overcome that. When it is shut down we can't (I point to the 12/12 Minnesota games as my evidence).

Has anyone ever done well at Minnesota? I'd love a sweep but even a split would make me happy. It's a Thursday/Friday series next week, I hope our guys can assimilate to the large sheet quickly.
              Racine has played well lately. The first Ferris goal on the PP was a point blast that he didn't see- and was deflected. The second was a case where he got left out in the wind by his defense and let a shot go under his arm. At that point I think the team had already counted a win and were playing out the clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post

I tried to do quick numbers since the start of the B1G hockey conference and got these stats for at least 3 games played at Mariucci:
                Michigan = 0-4
                Minnesota-Duluth = 3-1
                MSU = 1-4-1
                OSU = 0-6
                PSU = 1-5
                SCSU = 2-1
                Wisconsin = 0-3-1

Harvard, Merrimack, Minnesota State, and Vermont each have one win and no losses at Mariucci. I might have missed something but Minnesota has played well at home in the B1G and most of their home losses have been against non-conference foes.
                Last edited by Khryx; 02-21-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  Has anyone ever done well at Minnesota? I'd love a sweep but even a split would make me happy.
                  Why would a split make you happy? THAT would basically seal our BEST possible finish and seeding in the B1G Tourney in the #2 slot, not to mention bragging rights.

Minny will not drop any points during the final 2 weekends against sparty and the Badgers. So unless we catch them this weekend FUGGEDABOUTIT!

I will remind everyone about Dec. 5, Dec. 12, Feb. 5 and Feb. 13 when we dropped a combined 7 points we should have claimed by inexcusably playing down to the level of the competition putting us in this position. I will apologize in advance but it was not very long ago Red would NOT HAVE TOLERATED that. Players would have found themselves as a "Healthy scratch".
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    Why would a split make you happy? THAT would basically seal our BEST possible finish and seeding in the B1G Tourney in the #2 slot, not to mention bragging rights.
                    While I agree that taking anything fewer than 5 points from Minnesota seals our #2 spot in the B1G, I can understand being happy with a split 'cause it's been awhile since Michigan has had a win at Mariucci.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Dekers are having another watch party at Revel and Roll.

I got this e-mail:

The Dekers Blue Line Club is hosting a watch party this Friday (Feb. 26) night when Michigan faces Minnesota at 9 p.m. on Big Ten Network. The party will be held at Revel & Roll in the Coaches Room starting at 8 p.m. The address is 1950 S Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. We hope to see you there to cheer on the Wolverines! Non-Dekers are welcome to attend as well.

Go Blue!
                      BTW, if you were at the last watch party and were not happy with the food, do know that there have been a lot of changes. We have heard that the whole menu is there, now. And the service has picked up a lot, too.

We plan to go.

Oh, and note the game time. 9pm EST Friday. Late dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post

Minny will not drop any points during the final 2 weekends against sparty and the Badgers. So unless we catch them this weekend FUGGEDABOUTIT!

I will remind everyone about Dec. 5, Dec. 12, Feb. 5 and Feb. 13 when we dropped a combined 7 points we should have claimed by inexcusably playing down to the level of the competition putting us in this position. I will apologize in advance but it was not very long ago Red would NOT HAVE TOLERATED that. Players would have found themselves as a "Healthy scratch".
                        Michigan is only 1-point down to Minny (basically 2 at they have the tie-breaker). True sparty and bucky suck but sparty is capable of stealing a game or a couple points (likelihood low though) and bucky is a rivalry series wihb Minny.

Of course Michigan has a challenging road ahead of them with suckeye (rivalry seies H-and-Home) and Penn State (Home games although we have had our issues with Penn State even when they sucked).

I would love a sweep or a W/T but a literal split would still make it realistic. If we get swept that Penn State series to close the year has first round bye implications.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          BTW, if you were at the last watch party and were not happy with the food, do know that there have been a lot of changes. We have heard that the whole menu is there, now. And the service has picked up a lot, too.

We plan to go.

Oh, and note the game time. 9pm EST Friday. Late dinner.
                          How unhappy were we with the food? Fiance and I didn't eat pizza again for a month (and we both like pizza). That pizza was disgusting.

*summons up grouchy Michigan alumna* I miss Cubs, the atmosphere and the menu (esp. the specials menu). I don't like change. The "coaches room" is not well designed for groups watching the tvs. 9 pm is past my bedtime.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            While I agree that taking anything fewer than 5 points from Minnesota seals our #2 spot in the B1G, I can understand being happy with a split 'cause it's been awhile since Michigan has had a win at Mariucci.
                            Four points will put us 1 point ahead (they are 1 ahead, we would net gain 2) which SHOULD be enough as long as we do not play down to the level of the competition during the final two weeks against OSU and PSU.

I haven't ruled out a #3 seeding. If Minny should sweep look out. PSU is currently only 3 points behind us. They are off this weekend then have a pair of games at Wisconsin the following weekend which they have the ability to sweep. Then there is the final weekend with a pair of games head to head in Yost. Those could become very interesting.
                            Last edited by JoeZ; 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM.
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              How unhappy were we with the food? Fiance and I didn't eat pizza again for a month (and we both like pizza). That pizza was disgusting.

*summons up grouchy Michigan alumna* I miss Cubs, the atmosphere and the menu (esp. the specials menu). I don't like change. The "coaches room" is not well designed for groups watching the tvs. 9 pm is past my bedtime.
                              There is more than pizza on the menu.

While I agree that 9pm is late, it's also Friday. And we are both older than you! Numerically, that is.

Can't comment on the Cubs AC part- while it is walking distance to us, we never went until post re-model.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                There is more than pizza on the menu.

While I agree that 9pm is late, it's also Friday. And we are both older than you! Numerically, that is.

Can't comment on the Cubs AC part- while it is walking distance to us, we never went until post re-model.
                                I don't even remember what I had (if anything) but I'd rather watch the game from the comfort of my own home where the beer is free, bathroom is close by, and there isn't the background noise of pins being smacked around. I'll be stay home.

Comment

Working...
                                X