Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Hey, we're still top 4 in the Pairwise...for now.
    That didn't take long, we're down to #6 now.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

sparty typically plays above their heads when they play us. This is one reason why they are called Lil'Brother. They only care how they do when playing us.

To illustrate that point further I'll point out that they are having a discussion about ICE CREAM SANWICHES on the sparty board currently.
      Have to discuss something good at Munn right now. The Hockey certainly isn't. And it's pretty darn good Ice Cream. You should try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
        Have to discuss something good at Munn right now. The Hockey certainly isn't. And it's pretty darn good Ice Cream. You should try it.
        Well, you beat us at the Joe. I don't get it, we really didn't play bad. Hildebrand just plated very well and your defense swarmed...
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Game 3 vs Wisconsin results in a win.

I missed most of the game, but it appears to me that the big headline is that Racine is getting better between the pipes. What I saw of the 3rd, he made some strong saves, and looked quite confident.

D play looks better, although the blind passes still....

CCM is still scoring, and Motte extended his scoring streak.

I understand that Wisconsin's one goal was questionable, but we still won by 3.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Game 3 vs Wisconsin results in a win.

I missed most of the game, but it appears to me that the big headline is that Racine is getting better between the pipes. What I saw of the 3rd, he made some strong saves, and looked quite confident.

D play looks better, although the blind passes still....

CCM is still scoring, and Motte extended his scoring streak.

And, like in the summary, the second line contributed with Kile and Dancs scoring. I took a quick peek at the +/- ratings and there are only two guys with - ratings... and both are on the 3rd line.

I watched the Minnesota/OSU game- if OSU played any kind of defense, they win- gave up the 4th goal with less than 2 minutes, but OSU scored with .01 seconds left to tie, only to lose off a faceoff in OT. The Gopher series should decide the B1G Ten regular season, but the boys can't cough up any games along the way. Plus, it will sink their PWR quickly. Would be nice to keep a 2nd seed going into the NCAA playoffs. The teams above them I think are a cut above in defense and goaltending so it will be tough to earn a #1 seed.

Comment

That's two blown last minute leads that have cost us points in the standings. If we don't choke on the road against OSU back in January and Wisconsin tonight, we are up by 3 in the standings.

Now we almost certainly have to sweep or get a win and a tie at a place we've never even won at since this stupid league formed.

And the good-for-nothing buckeyes sure didn't help us out. Could've taken as many as NINE POINTS from Minnesota in the standings if they scored on them in OT.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                That's two blown last minute leads that have cost us points in the standings. If we don't choke on the road against OSU back in January and Wisconsin tonight, we are up by 3 in the standings.

Now we almost certainly have to sweep or get a win and a tie at a place we've never even won at since this stupid league formed.

And the good-for-nothing buckeyes sure didn't help us out. Could've taken as many as NINE POINTS from Minnesota in the standings if they scored on them in OT.
                Well, ifs and buts... but I agree... blown lead in last seconds vs. OSU, cost 2 pts. Blown lead at JLA vs. MSU cost 3 pts. Blown lead last night cost 1 pt. Plenty to look back on and lament if they don't take at least 4 points in Minnesota in two weeks. Then, they have to outpoint Minnesota in games vs. Bucks and Penn State. I don't know what the answer is as far as defensive play, but Wisconsin was really physical and we weren't. Took a ton of energy to play like that. I felt that there wasn't a complete team effort at their best from the blueliners and our entire offense was practically the CCM line. That won't work in the NCAA playoffs. Racine was outstanding except for maybe the third goal. Maybe playing Ferris this weekend will let them play loose and not worry about the standings. Give them time to prep for the biggest road series of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  4 one goal games against them have cost not only you guys first place but Ohio state a chance at 3rd not that its the same just throwing that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    It wasn't questionable, it was complete horse-****. Even the homer announcers on WPTV were saying that it was no goal. It clearly slid in the net by way of underneath it.

Comment

It wasn't questionable, it was complete horse-****. Even the homer announcers on WPTV were saying that it was no goal. It clearly slid in the net by way of underneath it.
                      Yes they did- but they were so obnoxius to listen to... I turned our own radio guys on instead.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        Yes they did- but they were so obnoxius to listen to... I turned our own radio guys on instead.
                        Now there are two guys who know how to call it down the middle...
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          Now there are two guys who know how to call it down the middle...
                          I'd rather listen to our homers than their homers. I laughed when the badger team said the CCM line would get cold sitting on the bench b/c we were taking penalties... until Compher scored a SHG and nearly popped another right after the faceoff.
                          Last edited by streaker; 02-16-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Plenty to look back on and lament if they don't take at least 4 points in Minnesota in two weeks. Then, they have to outpoint Minnesota in games vs. Bucks and Penn State. .
                            Yeah.
                            Right.
                            Whatever you say.

While we are playing OSU and PSU the Gophers are playing 2 @ MSU and 2 v. the Badgers. Sparty and Bucky are a combined 13-33-10 this season. I do not see the Gophers dropping ANY points in those 4 games. So just how do you expect us to gain any ground? The way I see it we are now in the position of absolutely needing a minimum of 4 points this weekend. You can't play down to the level of the competition and expect to win any titles.
                            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7
                            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                              Yeah.
                              Right.
                              Whatever you say.

While we are playing OSU and PSU the Gophers are playing 2 @ MSU and 2 v. the Badgers. Sparty and Bucky are a combined 13-33-10 this season. I do not see the Gophers dropping ANY points in those 4 games. So just how do you expect us to gain any ground? The way I see it we are now in the position of absolutely needing a minimum of 4 points this weekend. You can't play down to the level of the competition and expect to win any titles.
                              First, we play Ferris then deal with the Gophers.

The B1G Ten regular season title is nothing but a banner anyway. As long as they finish 1 or 2 for seeding purposes in the B1G Tourney, it will be fine. I'd rather win the autobid and roll into the NCAA's playing well.

This is the type of team we have- and when they don't outscore their mistakes they are exposed. Why are you surprised about that?

Comment

This is the type of team we have- and when they don't outscore their mistakes they are exposed. Why are you surprised about that?
                                That's a good way of putting it. I'm gonna use that.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X