Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Still more often and more successful than whatever school you root for.

So odd that you still have a fixation for our team. What is the source of the obsession?
    His bitterness exudes Bowling Green or Lake State or Northern Michigan. So many concrete examples on display.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      Is it mature behavior to throw lawn mowers around, or whip it out, and pee in an elevator?
      Keep throwing stones in your glass house...

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        *insert standard reply about missing talent for world juniors, officiating, etc.*

Also, we're glad you recognize that "Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey."
        Excuses excuses excuses
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Excuses excuses excuses
          Wait, we need excuses that we beat you?

Do you REALLY think your team is that bad? Wow, I thought you actually liked Northern. After so many years of your posts, it is pretty clear that you think Northern is a pretty bad hockey school.

You must be really popular up there.

Comment

Can somebody point me to a link with the Under-18 roster with college commitments?

I don't follow recruiting too closely, and would like to know who to keep an eye on tonight as a future Wolverine (or Wolverine rival).
            Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Originally posted by quack View Post
              Can somebody point me to a link with the Under-18 roster with college commitments?

I don't follow recruiting too closely, and would like to know who to keep an eye on tonight as a future Wolverine (or Wolverine rival).
              Try this:

http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/roster/...bseason=231692
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The kids are actually really good. It was a game for the first 2+ periods....
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I wish we'd cancel this game. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of these games. Especially with our own recruits trying to prove themselves by being chippy with the current team.

Three ejections tonight. All three of them Wolverines with the USA ejection being an incoming 2016-17 freshman.

What do those guys care, though? It's not like their college head coach for next year was there.
                  Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 01-21-2016, 09:34 PM.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                    I wish we'd cancel this game. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of these games. Especially with our own recruits trying to prove themselves by being chippy with the current team.

Three ejections tonight. All three of them Wolverines with the USA ejection being an incoming 2016-17 freshman.

What do those guys care, though? It's not like their college head coach for next year was there.
                    I kind of agree with you, to an extent. The game was wayyyyy to physical for my tastes though. When Connor went down I started thinking that we might regress to a sparty level. Granted we still dto not know exactly what happened but IMHO he'll play next week at Penn State (*fingers crossed*). I can't remember who I was talking to before the season started about the weak home schedule this year and he said that he'd bet there were games with about 3k people in attendence. Well in last nights exhibition game against the jail-bait Michigan had 5,114 there. So yea, not quite 3,000....
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Wait, we need excuses that we beat you?

Do you REALLY think your team is that bad? Wow, I thought you actually liked Northern. After so many years of your posts, it is pretty clear that you think Northern is a pretty bad hockey school.

You must be really popular up there.
                      actually it was your guy that said, and I quote, "Northern isn't much..."
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        actually it was your guy that said, and I quote, "Northern isn't much..."
                        But all you do is try to convince us he is right. Which you have done repeatedly over the years. The message has gotten rather stale that it may be a big deal that you guys beat us. It's not.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

+1. This has gotten rather old.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            When Connor went down I started thinking that we might regress to a sparty level. Granted we still dto not know exactly what happened but IMHO he'll play next week at Penn State (*fingers crossed*).
                            From my vantage point next to the penalty box it looked like he lost an edge and went into the boards head first. When Bancroft got there it almost looked like he was doing a preliminary potential concussion evaluation. Then I heard some talk about maybe his neck.

Either way, as much as we will need him vs. PSU let's just be sure he is not rushed back until he is ready regardless of if he just thinks he is ready.
                            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7
                            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              To me, Connor looks better than Larkin at the college level.
                              I've been saying that since about Halloween. I think Larkin is a better skater but Connor seems to have better hands and a better feel for the flow of the game, sort of like the old stories about Gretzky and how as a kid he charted out where the puck was at all times to figure out where it was going to be ahead of time, not to call him the next Gretzky though.
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Okay, check this article from "Michigan Hockey News" about the NHL Central Scouting Mid Term draft rankings of players with Michigan ties - either from Michigan or committed to a Michigan college.

Does anyone else find it strange that they list 5 skaters and a goalie committed to Michigan and one skater to Western. That's it. NO other commitments.

http://mihockeynow.com/2016/01/nhl-c...ar-throughout/
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X