Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Interesting that you try to convince us how great our team is, and then take away some significance of how good the opponents were. All in the name of down playing an upcoming opponent.

Instead, we should look at OSU as an improving team- one that we MUST beat, but one that could me a much tougher team than MSU was.

BC is a loaded team- so while there may have been a slight talent drop off, they still should have been the better team. They were not. OSU is getting better.
    How could they not get better? Saying that ohio state is better than sparty really doesn't say that much....

ohio state had a couple of good games, and they always try their hardest against Michigan (like pretty much everyone does). I'm not concerned. Does that mean Michigan doesn't have to play well? Of course they do, but Michigan is more than capable of the two-site sweep.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      And Michigan a-holes are what they are. uMICH, you take the cake.
      Defending a tourny that you have BY FAR the most last-place finishes in? Ok.....
      Last edited by UMICH; 01-16-2016, 05:24 PM.
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Terrible performance on Friday night, but at least the offense fought back and put them in a position to steal three points at the end, until ANOTHER defensive breakdown led to the GTG. Take the point and try to get back on track at home.

Comment

Last night was only the second game I have seen your guys play this season and the other was last Friday's total destruction of Sparty, but it wasn't enough to tell if you were that good or that Sparty was that bad and I know at least in hockey you dislike them more than us and it's always been an intense rivalry.
          I think last night we were hungrier for the win and expended a lot of energy acquiring the early lead which nearly cost us as fatigue was evident in our mistakes later that Michigan capitalized on.
          I like the irony of a kid from Dearborn won the shootout for us and his first collegiate goal at that.
          Win or lose it was a hell of a game last night and I look forward to see the effort Michigan puts out to defend the home ice on Sunday!
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-16-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            Terrible performance on Friday night, but at least the offense fought back and put them in a position to steal three points at the end, until ANOTHER defensive breakdown led to the GTG. Take the point and try to get back on track at home.
            Yea, that was ugly....

Racine looked pretty shaky last night, to me at least.

Comment

So do you all over here think Conner will be in college next year? or is he a one and done like larkin was.?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

What an utter disgrace of a defensive showing. Furious. Happy to win, but what a disaster of a weekend for the team.

Michigan allowed almost as many goals this weekend as OSU has losses.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  So do you all over here think Conner will be in college next year? or is he a one and done like larkin was.?
                  At this rate I don't see how he's not in the show next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    For as much prestige as the GLI receives I do not think it the GLI is that great. I know it's the oldest college tourny but sparty sucks, Tech is Tech, and the invite team (NMU this year) isn't much. Next year wastern comes to Detroit, I wouldn't call that a step-up from Northern. Bowling Green isn't that bad this year but who knows how they will be in 2017 when they are the invite. There have been some decent teams overthe years but the point is it's not all that it is cracked up to be.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
                    If Northern isn't much, how did it take a 3rd period comeback for Michigan to squeak out a 3-2 win in a game in which the shots and scoring chances were virtually equal? I mean, Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey. Shouldn't this have been a blowout?
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      If Northern isn't much, how did it take a 3rd period comeback for Michigan to squeak out a 3-2 win in a game in which the shots and scoring chances were virtually equal? I mean, Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey. Shouldn't this have been a blowout?
                      *insert standard reply about missing talent for world juniors, officiating, etc.*

Also, we're glad you recognize that "Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey."
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

IMHO he's gone but of course I hope he comes back. I'm not counting on it tough. Everyone knew that Larkin was ready last year but foolishly I held out hope that he'd return to Michigan for one more season. Wow do I look like an idiot now. I didn't forsee what he is doing with the Wings this year, it's almost as if he plays to the level of competition around him. To me, Connor looks better than Larkin at the college level. Will that translate to the NHL? I don't know but I'm preparing myself for him to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Michigan didn't want to humiliate the .500 school so we played down to the level of our competition. It was the Holidays for crying out loud. Season's greetings! Are you new to this?

Comment

Highly unlikely that he's back. We knew that coming into the season, but that does not make it any easier to deal with. Long gone are the days great players stay 4 years....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Highly unlikely that he's back. We knew that coming into the season, but that does not make it any easier to deal with. Long gone are the days great players stay 4 years....
                              I guess, but didn't Kevin Porter play 4 years?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I guess, but didn't Kevin Porter play 4 years?
                                He did, but didn't come in with such high expectations, and didn't really show much until his Jr year. Connor is more like a Morrison kind of player, as I see it- so more of 4 massive years vs 3 really good ones and one massive ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X