Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Anyone know the status of Ciconne and Kile for tonight? Joe did not play in the third period and there was talk after the game that Alex could be suspended for his major.
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
      Anyone know the status of Ciconne and Kile for tonight? Joe did not play in the third period and there was talk after the game that Alex could be suspended for his major.
      Both played, but no word if Kile may still have to sit out- it wasn't a DQ it was a game misconduct, so I doubt it.

As it turned out, both players contributed in the game. The six defensemen were Cecconi, Boka, Martin, Piazza (1G 1A), Porikos and DeJong.

Once they got the lead they buttoned it up and almost played not to lose hockey. Difficult to watch it, so many close chances by Tech, but it worked considering that they were down two top d-men. The other forward sat out was Talcott as well as Lohan on defense with Downing.

Well played game by both teams although I am critical of the turnovers that led to chances. Tech played very physical and won many of the loose pucks, scrums etc. and wore Michigan down. JMHO. With the win Michigan still hangs onto 8th in the PWR, too which is a bonus.

Comment

The defensive play at the end was rather nerve wracking, especially considering our recent history playing D. But they did a pretty good job!

Still some careless puck movement, but a lot of blocked shots, and some very effective PK.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Both played, but no word if Kile may still have to sit out- it wasn't a DQ it was a game misconduct, so I doubt it.
          Well Jim, do I need to remind you that Downing was given a 5 and MISCONDUCT (NOT DQ) in the Dec. 12 Minnesota game but when the B1G reviewed the replay they gave him a TWO game suspension?

link to game boxscore: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0151213aaa.pdf
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
            Well Jim, do I need to remind you that Downing was given a 5 and MISCONDUCT (NOT DQ) in the Dec. 12 Minnesota game but when the B1G reviewed the replay they gave him a TWO game suspension?

link to game boxscore: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0151213aaa.pdf
            Joe- Downing is a repeat offender. Kile's offense was not as egregious IMO. But, the Big does what it wants to do.

Comment

link

There are loud whispers that Zach Werenski, the Michigan defenseman whom the Blue Jackets took with the No. 8 overall pick in the NHL draft last June, is unhappy in college and thinking of turning pro. The Jackets have had major difficulties on the blue line this season, and some believe the sophomore could help immediately.

As captain of Team USA at the world junior championship, Werenski has been in the news a lot lately. He had a goal and two assists in a 10-1 rout of Switzerland on Wednesday and now has two goals, three assists and a plus-5 rating in three games.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                Columbus Dispatch, please offer more than "unhappy in college." We already know he is gone at the end of the season, but if the Jackets are putting pressure on him to jump right now their scouts will be barred from Yost, IMO. Red doesn't go for that crap. Is he ready? Physically as a d-man he still needs to mature for the NHL. He isn't built like Larkin and playing the blueline is much more difficult. He has become a solid NCAA d-man, but still makes a boatload of mistakes. He'd need seasoning in the Columbus system IMO, although they will have an obvious risk/reward at the NHL level with him, if they choose to put him in the Show right away. I'm sure Berenson has talked to him- if not, he will.

Comment

Ya know, for as much as we complain about this team we're really not bad. We only have three loses: 1 to BU (currently ranked #11), 1 to Robert Morris (who is better than anyone though as they currently sit just outside the rankings), and 1 to Minnesota (let's be honest, they are not the Minnesota of old but they still are Minnesota). In all three of those games we ran into hot goal-tenders, it happens. Granted we still need to play well throughout the season and win the B1G Tournament (Lord knows we probably won't get an at large birth due to our conference lack of strength) but we're not bad....
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

It's only back-up duty but Al is doing awesome finally.

http://alongtheboards.com/2016/01/mo...mbers-florida/
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Ya know, for as much as we complain about this team we're really not bad. We only have three loses: 1 to BU (currently ranked #11), 1 to Robert Morris (who is better than anyone though as they currently sit just outside the rankings), and 1 to Minnesota (let's be honest, they are not the Minnesota of old but they still are Minnesota). In all three of those games we ran into hot goal-tenders, it happens. Granted we still need to play well throughout the season and win the B1G Tournament (Lord knows we probably won't get an at large birth due to our conference lack of strength) but we're not bad....
                      I look at the record, and the current pairwise ranking and I begin to think this. Then I remember how our defense plays and I try not to get my hopes up too much.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        I look at the record, and the current pairwise ranking and I begin to think this. Then I remember how our defense plays and I try not to get my hopes up too much.
                        Here are a few stats to help you keep those hopes high. In his last seven starts since November 13, Steve is 5-1-0 with a 1.99 gaa and a .933 save %. That work with Shields is paying off.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                          Here are a few stats to help you keep those hopes high. In his last seven starts since November 13, Steve is 5-1-0 with a 1.99 gaa and a .933 save %. That work with Shields is paying off.
                          With half of those games against offenses in the bottom 3rd of D1: Dartmouth #48, NMU tied for #44 (Niagara #55 if you're counting that one on Nov 13)

Sorry, I'm a pessimist/realist.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            With half of those games against offenses in the bottom 3rd of D1: Dartmouth #48, NMU tied for #44 (Niagara #55 if you're counting that one on Nov 13)

Sorry, I'm a pessimist/realist.
                            Like I said, they don't look that great but the only have 3 losses (so far). Enjoy it.

Comment

I watched last night's game on ESPNews and noticed Sean Ritchlin doing the color! I wonder when they had JT Compher on during the 2nd intermission if he realized he was being interviewed by a fellow Wolverine?
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                Granted we still need to play well throughout the season and win the B1G Tournament (Lord knows we probably won't get an at large birth due to our conference lack of strength)
                                I wouldn't rule out an at large invite as long as we take care of business during the regular season.
                                Let's see how we do Jan. 28 & 30. We need at least a split of those two.
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X