Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    We're suppose to acknowledge such a passive-aggressive post? You're team let us off the hook twice, saved by pond shinny defense, speed and offensive talent. We're pathetic defensively. How we managed to split with BU on the road is beyond me.
    I agree with most of your comment however IMHO that explains why we were only able to split with BU on the road. Michigan had that first game. It was ours for the taking but then the defense "showed up" the last ten minutes. True, our goals were kind of flukey but they went in. BU left no doubt that the goals they scored were going in. Michigan had that Friday game won if not for the real Michigan defense standing up in the final 10 minutes....
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Does ANYONE (Bluevox?) have any idea what they are going to do tonight for the "150th Anniversary Celebration"?

I have to say I was very disappointed with the design of the season tickets this year after having my Football tickets.

Then when my Basketball tickets arrived I was V-E-R-Y disappointed. Those are GREAT! If you haven't seen them every game has a different historical picture from the archives.

With the legendary history of our beloved hockey team it seems to me they could have found some very good ones for these as well. But no, pretty much the same old design they have been for how many years now?????
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

So going to mgoblue, the comments they have are:

• 1st Intermission -- Michigan Drumline

• 2nd Intermission -- Meijer Score-O

• Giveaway -- Michigan Ice Hockey Commemorative Cup (first 2,500 fans)

So be early and get a cup. Plus we get to see the drumline on the ice????

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Plus we get to see the drumline on the ice????
          Sounds like it was inspired by our On-Ice Script Ohio, which seems to have become an annual tradition here.

Guessing the drumline thing will turn out well. Get your concessions pre-game!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            Sounds like it was inspired by our On-Ice Script Ohio, which seems to have become an annual tradition here.

Guessing the drumline thing will turn out well. Get your concessions pre-game!
            Actually, the entire marching band is next month. We may need to weasel some better seats for the intermission.

Comment

Anyone else think that Werenski has regressed this year? I assume that we'll lose Connor to World Juniors over the break. So how many total will we be missing over the break to World Juniors?
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                Does ANYONE (Bluevox?) have any idea what they are going to do tonight for the "150th Anniversary Celebration"?
                My insider "information" gets to me about an hour before the game, so your guess was as good as mine. Alfa was more on the ball than I was.

The Drumline was pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/j2XJcTFSMFc
                Last edited by bluevox; 12-12-2015, 08:25 AM.
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  Anyone else think that Werenski has regressed this year? I assume that we'll lose Connor to World Juniors over the break. So how many total will we be missing over the break to World Juniors?
                  Connor wasn't even invited to the early tryouts for team USA WJT and was left off the preliminary list. Werenski made several unnoticed defensive plays in the defensive end last night. I see him as more of a flight risk than Downing who has regressed, IMO. Downing was nursing a leg injury most of the game, noticibly limping and only lost his cool at the end of the game when he had his stick slashed in half and then mixed it up with the Gopher player.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    Connor wasn't even invited to the early tryouts for team USA WJT and was left off the preliminary list. Werenski made several unnoticed defensive plays in the defensive end last night. I see him as more of a flight risk than Downing who has regressed, IMO. Downing was nursing a leg injury most of the game, noticibly limping and only lost his cool at the end of the game when he had his stick slashed in half and then mixed it up with the Gopher player.
                    What's frustrating to me about Zach is that his "greatness" is inconsistent. He's still got to play D better- he's slow covering a player in front of the net. Other than that...

Downing's injury actually made him play D better, I thought. Since he could not play up with the puck, or even pretend to- he just sat back and defended- which he did well. Even with a really bad limp. All in all, the 4 min penalty, and not playing at the end was good thing for him. Stop pushing an injury.

BTW, I didn't see him butting a gopher, but the guy behind us saw that. I thought it was incidental- but didn't see it. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                      My insider "information" gets to me about an hour before the game, so your guess was as good as mine. Alfa was more on the ball than I was.
                      Yeah, I saw that information on the MGoBlue website. I didn't tell me much. I was expecting better for the 150 years celebration. C'mon now. That wasn't noticeably different than any other game.
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                        https://youtu.be/j2XJcTFSMFc
                        You realize that video is private right?

Comment

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...key-sched.html

Did I read that right? An 8:35 start? Talk about Bi-Polar, a 7:05 start one night, 8:35 the next...

It's like DB Brandon never left.

Comment

Did I read that right? An 8:35 start? Talk about Bi-Polar, a 7:05 start one night, 8:35 the next...

TV. We are on ESPN tonight. Which is good- one of us is under the weather, and may not be there.

Also- it's can drive tonight. Bring some canned food.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              TV. We are on ESPN tonight.
                              CLOSE but NO cigar.

Not ESPN but it WILL be on ESPNews
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

The allmighty television bucks.
                                B1G Ten network last night.
                                ESPNews tonight.
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X