Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't read too much into that. We played literally everyone on the team. Still should have won, but it's not like we approached the game like it was anything important.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      Considering Yost's new capacity is 5,800, it could very well happen.
      For Sunday's EXHIBITION game against Toronto, Michigan drew 4,821 people. And that game didn't count. I want my props. For a game on a Sunday evening at 5 o'clock against a university from another country...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0151004aaa.pdf
      Last edited by UMICH; 10-05-2015, 01:29 AM.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Sort of a win.

Not sure what to make of the game- was Toronto that bad, or are we better this year? Most the game, we looked like we were on the power play... And it took a while for all of those shots to roll in.
        Mostly the former in my opinion. Toronto played uninterested. No offense. My takeaway is that Conner is fast and our defense, even without Downing (injury) has more depth. Maybe not the same offensive threat as last season, but better without the puck. Goaltending didn't get much work, so who knows. Nice to see guys like Piazza and Porikos get ice time. Dancs didn't play, no word on injured or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          For Sunday's EXHIBITION game against Toronto, Michigan drew 4,821 people. And that game didn't count. I want my props. For a game on a Sunday evening at 5 o'clock against a university from another country...

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...0151004aaa.pdf
          Tickets sold does not equal people in the arena.
          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
            Tickets sold does not equal people in the arena.
            And up is the opposite of down. Attendance was 4,821...
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Everyone knows that Dylan Larkin made the Red Wings but did you know the Andrew Copp has also made the Winnipeg Jets final roster.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                And up is the opposite of down. Attendance was 4,821...
                And I thought Michigan fans were supposed to be obnoxious. The Athletic Department is saying that almost 1,000 tickets went unsold. Around that number of ticket holders did not turn up at the game, putting the number of people (i.e. attendance) close to the number you predicted. You want props for that? Okay.

Props.

I want props for the fact that my car seats 5 people. I only had one in it today, though.
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Who cares about attendance.

This all comes from what looks to be a massive pessimist. I don't see how that impacts my enjoyment of the game.

Inside the boards- the team looked quite good, even with the seemingly obvious lack of Toronto showing up. They pass well, and have their heads up where other players are. How that will translate to actual opposition- we will see. But it gives me more reason to be an optimist.

Plus, I like watching hockey.

Comment

And I thought Michigan fans were supposed to be obnoxious. The Athletic Department is saying that almost 1,000 tickets went unsold. Around that number of ticket holders did not turn up at the game, putting the number of people (i.e. attendance) close to the number you predicted. You want props for that? Okay.

Props.

I want props for the fact that my car seats 5 people. I only had one in it today, though.
                    Well, if you didn't pass gas so much...

Comment

If we're handing out props for nothing, I'd like some for being one of those sold tickets that didn't show up for the exhibition game.

k, thanks.

ugh, I feel like such a millennial right now.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        If we're handing out props for nothing, I'd like some for being one of those sold tickets that didn't show up for the exhibition game.
                        Props, wT. You deserve it.

Does anyone know why we aren't playing this weekend? The season started but we have nothing for two weeks?

Comment

Props, wT. You deserve it.

Does anyone know why we aren't playing this weekend? The season started but we have nothing for two weeks?
                          How did I miss this question- YES. My wife and I ran into Matt Trevor before the game, and we brought it up- what happened was that we originally had Ferris early in the season, only to have a very front loaded (HOME loaded) first half of the season from the B1G. So they moved the Ferris date to Feb.

In other news- IT'S GAME WEEK. Finally.

Two games against Mercyhurst- 7:35 on Friday night, and 5:05 on Sunday. And the Sunday game is, no doubt, there because of MSU on Saturday. Will be a fun weekend of 3 big events for us. This is Mercyhurst's third full weekend of real hockey- having split with Colgate between 10/3-4, and then sweeping Bentley this past weekend. Whereas we've only played one "game" against Toronto.

Even with that, I'm pretty excited to see if the trends we saw were real- crisp passing, a lot of creativity, etc.

BTW- wT- you COY are getting a little abuse from someone on our rivals board- pointing out that most of them seem not to be students. I didn't feel it was in my place to correct that- or in someone's cases, confirm it. They were suggesting calling the students Ghosts of Yost. It was because it sounded more sinister- not because they are not there.

Comment

• Thanks, Alfa. That makes sense. Quite a change from last year, when we had five games in the first 10 days.

Excited to see Mercyhurst come in, as one of the freshman for that team worked with me over the summer.

Comment

Thanks, Alfa. That makes sense. Quite a change from last year, when we had five games in the first 10 days.

Excited to see Mercyhurst come in, as one of the freshman for that team worked with me over the summer.
                              Seriously? Here in Ann Arbor? That's cool.

Hope he has some time to say hi while he's in town.

For the schedule- I wonder if it will take two more teams to make the schedule more balanced- by that beginning and end of the seasons for each team.

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...watch_list.php

Comment

Working...
                                X