Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ll-america.php

    First Team
    F Jimmy Vesey, Sr., Harvard — The Hobey finalist decided to return to last year's NCAA team for his senior season, a rarity these days. He had an NCAA-best 32 goals last season, the most by far of any returning player.

    F Mike Vecchione, Jr., Union — A key contributor to the NCAA champs as a freshman, had to carry the load more as a sophomore last season, and did it admirably.

    F Danton Heinen, So., Denver — Returns for his sophomore, and likely final, season with the Pioneers. Burst on the scene for 16 goals last season as Denver made the NCAAs.

    D Zach Werenski, So., Michigan — One of the youngest players in college hockey last season, was taken in the first round of the 2015 NHL Draft by Columbus.

    D Andy Welinksi, Sr., Minnesota-Duluth — Like Vesey, a highly-touted senior comes back to a team with a chance to go a long way. Had 21 points from the backline last season.

    G Kyle Hayton, St. So., Lawrence — His save percentage was just .002 worse than the other top returning goaltender, Yale's Alex Lyon, last season while facing a lot more shots.

    Second Team
    F Kevin Roy, Sr., Northeastern — The Anaheim pick returns for his senior season. He's been a consistent offensive force for the Huskies, while improving the rest of his game steadily.

    F Danny O'Regan, Sr., Boston University — He won't have Jack Eichel with him this season, but it's hard to overlook 23 goals last year.

    F Alex Petan, Sr., Michigan Tech — Overlooked at times because of where he plays, but the 5-foot-9 Petan puts up consistently good numbers.

    D Paul LaDue, Jr., North Dakota — A steady force on the backline, underrated because he's not flashy.

    D Matt Grzelcyk, Boston University — The only reason he's not higher on this list is because he starts the season injured.

    G Carmine Guerriero, Jr., Alabama-Huntsville — Had a .927 save percentage last season while facing more shots per minute than any goaltender in the country. Edges out Jamie Phillips and Thatcher Demko, who had offseason hip surgery and may miss the early part of the season.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

    Comment


    • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

      Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      There is no way that Michigan will draw less than 3,000 for a game. This isn't the 1980's. I can see less than 6,000 and maybe even less than 5,000 under the "wrong" circumstances but no way less than 3,000.

      I never said that the schedule was great, just that it was a result of DB Brandon and somehow he could get more marketing from playing those teams. It still doesn't concern me...
      Considering Yost's new capacity is 5,800, it could very well happen.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners


      @UMichWD on Twitter

      Comment


      • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

        Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
        yes, that would explain the large "Bowling Green St. Univ." in my sig. we're familiar with the B1G down here--our football team
        I've got nothing against the B1G hockey conference, and RIP CCHA. it's a pity that your OOC scheduling sucks. but hey, maybe the new AD can fix it. dumping the ridiculous 2-for-1 policy (that's so far doing a great job of pulling in lots of Atlantic teams) would help immediately.
        Andy Murray has said he won't play Michigan again unless they drop the 2 for 1. Too bad, I miss playing Michigan every year. At least there's always the GLI.

        Comment


        • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

          Originally posted by ubish View Post
          Andy Murray has said he won't play Michigan again unless they drop the 2 for 1. Too bad, I miss playing Michigan every year. At least there's always the GLI.
          I can guarantee there will be no more of that stuff. Michigan has made a 180 reform in how it conducts itself as the interim AD is an actual person. He has done amazing things that were unimaginable a year ago like signing Jim Harbaugh and securing the largest apparel deal in the nation with Nike. He's also trying to get the Michigan-ND football series renewed, one of the thousands of things the AD that we ran out of town screwed up because he didn't value it.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners


          @UMichWD on Twitter

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            I can guarantee there will be no more of that stuff. Michigan has made a 180 reform in how it conducts itself as the interim AD is an actual person. He has done amazing things that were unimaginable a year ago like signing Jim Harbaugh and securing the largest apparel deal in the nation with Nike. He's also trying to get the Michigan-ND football series renewed, one of the thousands of things the AD that we ran out of town screwed up because he didn't value it.
            Is he the guy that decided to go with the shiny aluminum benches at Yost? Just doesn't look right in such an old barn.

            Comment


            • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

              Originally posted by ubish View Post
              Is he the guy that decided to go with the shiny aluminum benches at Yost? Just doesn't look right in such an old barn.
              The AD we ran out town did that and he put the windows back in Yost. The atmosphere is a shell of what it was pre-renovation.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners


              @UMichWD on Twitter

              Comment


              • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                The AD we ran out town did that and he put the windows back in Yost. The atmosphere is a shell of what it was pre-renovation.
                Yet some of us really enjoy the new look. We love the windows- both seeing Yost at night when coming and going, and having natural light for early games.

                I'm not goth enough to like dark and closed in barns.

                Comment


                • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                  Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  Considering Yost's new capacity is 5,800, it could very well happen.
                  I stand by my original comment, no way we draw less than 3,000 for a game that counts.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                    Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Yet some of us really enjoy the new look. We love the windows- both seeing Yost at night when coming and going, and having natural light for early games.

                    I'm not goth enough to like dark and closed in barns.
                    This looked great in addition to the atmosphere being a lot closer to what it was in the 90s-
                    *******http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IUEeCaJU5j...21.jpg********

                    Michigan has not made the tournament since that has been gone in addition to the windows being there. I say board them back up as all that was there was plywood covering them up.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners


                    @UMichWD on Twitter

                    Comment


                    • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                      Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      This looked great in addition to the atmosphere being a lot closer to what it was in the 90s-
                      *******http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IUEeCaJU5j...21.jpg********

                      Michigan has not made the tournament since that has been gone in addition to the windows being there. I say board them back up as all that was there was plywood covering them up.
                      Oh yea, are those banners still on display somewhere in Yost?
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                        Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        This looked great in addition to the atmosphere being a lot closer to what it was in the 90s-
                        *******http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IUEeCaJU5j...21.jpg********

                        Michigan has not made the tournament since that has been gone in addition to the windows being there. I say board them back up as all that was there was plywood covering them up.
                        To each his own.

                        We won a NC before the renovation to the north end- should we get rid of that, too? We also won 7 NC's in the tiny colesum- should we go back?

                        I prefer how it is.

                        And I have been going to games continuously since 1990.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                          Since we are talking renovations, the ones that happened this past summer are done, and everyone seems happy about it- http://www.mgoblue.com/collegesportslive/?media=506736

                          New concrete means new ice surface characteristics, new boards, and new glass. It is quite a bit different than before.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                            All, a reminder that we have a game this weekend- 5:05 on Sunday- against U of Toronto.

                            Should be interesting, since today is the first day that the coaches can practice with the players.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                              Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                              Dear UM:

                              Miss us yet?
                              xxx,
                              the CCHA
                              Nope, but Wastern might....

                              http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...y_falls_1.html
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                                Sort of a win.

                                Not sure what to make of the game- was Toronto that bad, or are we better this year? Most the game, we looked like we were on the power play... And it took a while for all of those shots to roll in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X