Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...heap/72571878/

    this is the kind of slap-dash crap that perpetuates this idea that Mel is going to go back to Ann Arbor. Goricki knows nothing of the situation, just makes his own assumption and prints it. Did you specifically ask Red? Where's that quote, instead of your smooth over "focused on this season and not the future" cop-out?

    And Steve Shields did NOT work with Tech last season. In fact, he left TWO seasons ago in 2013. Goricki really has his finger on the pulse.
    So is Shields a volunteer assist and therefore unpaid, or is he paid, and if he is paid, who did they let go?

    To me it looks like Michigan should go like 7-0, and 10-2, ... to start the year and if they don't, well that's a problem.They certainly do have the talent though. I think the goaltending will be better, but I don't think either of the goalies have the talent of say Dahlstrom, or Phillips,or Guerrero.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

      Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      So is Shields a volunteer assist and therefore unpaid, or is he paid, and if he is paid, who did they let go?

      To me it looks like Michigan should go like 7-0, and 10-2, ... to start the year and if they don't, well that's a problem.They certainly do have the talent though. I think the goaltending will be better, but I don't think either of the goalies have the talent of say Dahlstrom, or Phillips,or Guerrero.
      I've spoken with "people in the know" in Ann Arbor and they have told me that Shields is about ready to throw his hands up in the air with the lack of talent in goal.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

        Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        There is one, Coach Pearson is not interested. He has reiterated several times and signed a 5 year extension. Life is good at Tech.
        We heard the same about Coach Harbaugh as well. Guess where he is?
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

          Not used to seeing a schedule like yours. Does Red usually like a slow building schedule? Toronto, Mercyhurst, Union, RPI, Robert Morris, Niagara, Dartmouth all before December. Although it gets tough after that.
          Go Gophers!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            We heard the same about Coach Harbaugh as well. Guess where he is?
            Yes, coaching at your alma mater is special, Coach commented on his last radio show that he wanted to be at Tech for a long time, lives on the lake and coaches at a school where hockey is no. 1, not no. 3 at the most.

            I am not speaking for him, just commenting that for someone with as much class and integrity as Coach Pearson, if he coveted the Michigan job, he would not indicate otherwise publicly.
            I do not doubt Michigan has him at the top of the list, he is the class of the NCAA.

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

              TV times are out (at least for conference play):

              http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...092315aae.html
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Not used to seeing a schedule like yours. Does Red usually like a slow building schedule? Toronto, Mercyhurst, Union, RPI, Robert Morris, Niagara, Dartmouth all before December. Although it gets tough after that.
                This schedule was brought to you by DB Brandon...
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                  Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Yes, coaching at your alma mater is special, Coach commented on his last radio show that he wanted to be at Tech for a long time, lives on the lake and coaches at a school where hockey is no. 1, not no. 3 at the most.

                  I am not speaking for him, just commenting that for someone with as much class and integrity as Coach Pearson, if he coveted the Michigan job, he would not indicate otherwise publicly.
                  I do not doubt Michigan has him at the top of the list, he is the class of the NCAA.
                  Similarly to Coach Harbaugh coming back to where he went to school, Pearson would be coming back to where he learned to Coach. The resources, the money, the talent, the following, etc. at Michigan is much larger than at Tech. I am still currently in the camp that Mel won't be coming back to Michigan, but the point is he could. It is a very realistic possibility and resting your lauerls on the argument that "it's his alma mater, he won't leave" is naive.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                    Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Not used to seeing a schedule like yours. Does Red usually like a slow building schedule? Toronto, Mercyhurst, Union, RPI, Robert Morris, Niagara, Dartmouth all before December. Although it gets tough after that.
                    Dear UM:

                    Miss us yet?
                    xxx,
                    the CCHA
                    Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                      Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                      Dear UM:

                      Miss us yet?
                      xxx,
                      the CCHA
                      Yep. The B1G is boring as ****. You play 4 games each against 5 other teams.

                      Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners


                      @UMichWD on Twitter

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                        Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Similarly to Coach Harbaugh coming back to where he went to school, Pearson would be coming back to where he learned to Coach. The resources, the money, the talent, the following, etc. at Michigan is much larger than at Tech. I am still currently in the camp that Mel won't be coming back to Michigan, but the point is he could. It is a very realistic possibility and resting your lauerls on the argument that "it's his alma mater, he won't leave" is naive.
                        I think they're mostly talking out of fear that he will leave. The buyout on his contract is probably what some of our donors wipe their arse with.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners


                        @UMichWD on Twitter

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                          Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                          Dear UM:

                          Miss us yet?
                          xxx,
                          the CCHA
                          Not really, playing B1G schools all the time is better. I do wish we had more variation though. That will come in time...

                          This is post #1,000.
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                            Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            Not really, playing B1G schools all the time is better. I do wish we had more variation though. That will come in time...

                            This is post #1,000.
                            ah. because playing AIC, Mercyhurst, Union, RPI, Robert Morris, Niagara, Dartmouth is playing B1G schools all the time. got it.
                            and who needs to worry about lil' things like RPI, right?
                            Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                              Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                              ah. because playing AIC, Mercyhurst, Union, RPI, Robert Morris, Niagara, Dartmouth is playing B1G schools all the time. got it.
                              and who needs to worry about lil' things like RPI, right?
                              We would play them if they would agree to a home and home, ala OSU. They won't, so we won't. The same goes for MSU. They're the B1G, um, 6, so we should have to play by they're rules. Bergeron won't play that game. Apparently improving their SOS isn't as important as their ego.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

                                What a bunch of pessimists we have.

                                We've lost as much or more talent before, and did better. I've been watching UM since 1990, and more than once, we've had tremendous paper talent, and some individual streaks lead to teams that massively underachieved. And then followed by the talent drain, a great season of a team that over achieved. Both times in the last decade, our Frozen Four appearance was with considerable less talent than the previous year, on paper. Heck, we had a tiny walk on goalie take us to the championship game.

                                While I was very disappointed in how the Copp thing ended, how it played out, as well as the Larkin thing- those two losses may be a big boost to the TEAM. Not the paper talent, but how the TEAM plays. It was interesting how offended Copp's parents were, but when Andrew left the team he dreamed of playing for- he was the one who burnt the bridges- Red just axed at the remains.

                                Compher could have gone, too- he is talented, as well. But he did not. So I'm optimistic that he will do better. Boo has serious speed- if he can get his hands to match his speed- we'll see what we expected after his freshman year.

                                As for Shield's comments- I find those totally hard to believe. No- impossible to take seriously. Both Nagelvoort and Racine have *shown* ability. They can be really good goalies- what they are lacking are things that a good goalie coach can fix. EXACTLY like how Harbaugh has taken a bunch of under performing talent, and have made them more effective. I wish we had met Steve the day we stopped by the office- but he was working out.

                                And do I miss the CCHA- sure. But that's not something I can control or dwell on. Once PSU started playing hockey, the stone was carved. Seems like former CCHA fans should move on, too.

                                Finally Red, and his impending retirement. Just note- his retirement has been pending for over a decade now. We talked about this during the underachieving late '00's. Talk all you want about Red and the theory of Mel, but it's pretty pointless until retirement is actually announced. What I will say about Mel- I sure hope we meet him a third FF in a row in Tampa. It's great to see him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X