Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

So who will be the new captain?
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

and with that, we should close this thread and start an off season thread

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
        and with that, we should close this thread and start an off season thread
        Not enough traffic for an off season thread.

Maybe start a 16-17 thread- since we *probably* have lost all we should. So should be building from here out.

Who is Captain and the assistants is a good question... Of our new Senior class- only Nolan DeJong and Alex Kyle has played a lot. The rest- Evan Allen, Kevin Lohan, Max Shuart, and Zach Nagelvoort.

hmm

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Not enough traffic for an off season thread.

Maybe start a 16-17 thread- since we *probably* have lost all we should. So should be building from here out.

Who is Captain and the assistants is a good question... Of our new Senior class- only Nolan DeJong and Alex Kyle has played a lot. The rest- Evan Allen, Kevin Lohan, Max Shuart, and Zach Nagelvoort.

hmm
          My guess, and that is purely a guess, is that it will be Kyle. I honestly have no idea though, I do not know anyone on the current team.

***BTW, I vowed never to start another season thread after the fiasco that resulted in 2010. And to think, that was only the tip of the iceberg...

Someone else needs to step up (and don't forget to put the smiley face icon in the title- makes it easier to locate the thread).
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

While the 2016-17 version of the Wolverines could overachieve, this is the most average/generic looking Michigan hockey roster probably since the 1998-99 season with freshman Mike Comrie at Center and Soph. Mike Van Ryn on D. Only because of the lack of talent in the BIG, I will still have relatively high expectations for next year like second place in the regular season.

Lots of question marks. Team defense/Goalie play will be the most critical to overcome the decline in goal. production. New team leaders, new special teams....At least the team has five full months to prepare for next season with the players at hand. Hopefully the returning players accept the challenge and not have a "woe is me" attitude about losing five departures.

Comment

I missed this announcement last month- 8 of the hockey team earned their way on the B1G Academic list-

Tony Calderone, So., undeclared, Trenton, Mich.
              Cutler Martin, So., undeclared, East Lansing, Mich.
              Zach Nagelvoort, Jr., sport management, Holland, Mich.
              Sam Piazza, So., engineering, Darien, Ill.
              Niko Porikos, So., undeclared, Ann Arbor, Mich.
              Steve Racine, Sr., general studies, Williamsville, N.Y.
              Justin Selman, Sr., sport management, Upper Saddle River, N.J.
              Max Shuart, Jr., political science, Northville, Mich.

Steve Racine and Justin Selman were named 3 times!

Very cool.

Comment

2016-17 schedule is out, sort of.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...051316aaa.html

This years schedule is night and day better than last years, even though there are several of the same teams. We go to Dartmouth this year, also to Vermont. BU comes to Yost this year and we go to Big Rapids. Tech comes to Yost for a pair and, to everyone's delight, so does Lake State. Michigan actually goes to Arizona State for one game(I think that trip is more of a vacation, like the football team if they ever went to Hawaii). Seriously, one game? Michigan opens the season hosting Union. I like the schedule, now let's see if we'll like the team next year. Of course we'll love Michigan, but will they be any good (for Michigan's standards)? We lost a lot, and then there is always the goalie question.

Also, either it isn't scheduled or we don't play Team Jail-Bait this year...

****SOMEONE MAKE A 2016-17 THREAD ALREADY***
                (and don't forget to put an icon in the title to make it easier to find)

wT- You doing it last year worked out decently. Wanna go for it again?
                Last edited by UMICH; 05-13-2016, 11:09 PM.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                X