X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    He's a goopher-hole who is trolling...

I don't see Michigan being that great this year either but I desperately hope that I'm wrong. Don't get me wrong, they'll be decent but just not elite. I only hope that they can string it together for an entire season.
    of all the goofers, he's one of them who I would not consider a troller. And is genuinely interested in our program. Which is good.

Won't stop us from bashing, but hey, one has to know who seem to be good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Michigan Is returning 250 pts from last year, PSU 186, Minn 174 and MSU 152. I expect Minnesota to pass PSU in votes for second. Michigan will be the preseason favorites and probably top 5 nationally.
      I've often heard the best offense is a good defense. So, while we may be returning lots of points, we're also returning a team that gives up a lot of goals. I wouldn't think a team that can't keep the puck out of their own net should be a favorite.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I agree, no way we're a top 5 team to start the season. Still too much to prove with Hyman and Larkin gone. Probably will land in the 10-15 range.

Side note, did anyone see that picture on the Michigan Hockey Facebook page? Are we switching to Bauer gear this year?! Saw Shuart with a Bauer helmet on and saw another pic with some Bauer pants in the background. How does that work with being under contract with Adidas? I was under the assumption we had to use CCM/Reebok gloves and pants.
        NCAA Championships: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998

Hail!

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganHockey27 View Post
          I agree, no way we're a top 5 team to start the season. Still too much to prove with Hyman and Larkin gone. Probably will land in the 10-15 range.

Side note, did anyone see that picture on the Michigan Hockey Facebook page? Are we switching to Bauer gear this year?! Saw Shuart with a Bauer helmet on and saw another pic with some Bauer pants in the background. How does that work with being under contract with Adidas? I was under the assumption we had to use CCM/Reebok gloves and pants.
          The school just changed to Nike. Aka the Jordan Flyer. Aka Nike-Bauer.

edit- It is a year early, though...
          Last edited by alfablue; 08-28-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Nystrom is my all-time favorite UM player. He really gets it as evidenced in this article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...050046261.html
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Couple things:

A,) http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...091115aab.html

and B.) A friend of mine was talking with Steve Shields a couple of months ago and said that Michigan's goalie situation does not look good. Unless he
              Shields was blowing smoke we're in for another long season.

Because if the way the schedule is this year unless Michigan comes out of the gate on fire this is going to be the 4th year missing the tournament. Even then it'll be tough to hang-on. I mean Michigan only has 6 games at Yost (7 if you count the jail-bait game) and one of those is on a Sunday!
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Anyone want to play Fantasy Hockey. No money, just fun. Let me know.

Comment

Captain Max:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...s&cmpid=nhl-fb

Comment

Season is approaching as the exhibition game against Toronto is next Sunday. TV and times should be announced sometime this week.

I wish I could say I'm excited for this season but that would be a flat-out lie. This is the most unenthusiastic I've ever felt for this team ever.

Why you ask? Well, the talent is there. Two first round draft picks on the roster. Guess what? The talent has been there the last 3 years when they didn't make the tournament.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this isn't just a last 3 years problem. Save one great season in 2010-11, the last 6 years have been nothing but dicking around in the regular season only to wake up and realize "oh no, we gotta start winning games to make the tournament". And what a shock: in 3 of those 5 mediocre years, it was too little too late.

This is Red's last year. I hope they send him out with a championship of some kind or at the very least, a ****ing tournament bid.

USCHO poll will probably rank the guys somewhere in the top-15 because of the talent. I'm expecting more of the same old BS until these guys prove my expectations wrong.

The ceiling for this team is a national championship. They have the talent to do it and they have a senior goalie who is solid when you put your chips all in for him.

The floor is another flameout that results in embarrassing losses to PSU and take your pick of the tomato cans on this......horrendous schedule (thanks Dave).

/endrant
                    Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 09-21-2015, 07:32 PM.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      Season is approaching as the exhibition game against Toronto is next Sunday. TV and times should be announced sometime this week.

I wish I could say I'm excited for this season but that would be a flat-out lie. This is the most unenthusiastic I've ever felt for this team ever.

Why you ask? Well, the talent is there. Two first round draft picks on the roster. Guess what? The talent has been there the last 3 years when they didn't make the tournament.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this isn't just a last 3 years problem. Save one great season in 2010-11, the last 6 years have been nothing but dicking around in the regular season only to wake up and realize "oh no, we gotta start winning games to make the tournament". And what a shock: in 3 of those 5 mediocre years, it was too little too late.

This is Red's last year. I hope they send him out with a championship of some kind or at the very least, a ****ing tournament bid.

USCHO poll will probably rank the guys somewhere in the top-15 because of the talent. I'm expecting more of the same old BS until these guys prove my expectations wrong.

The ceiling for this team is a national championship. They have the talent to do it and they have a senior goalie who is solid when you put your chips all in for him.

The floor is another flameout that results in embarrassing losses to PSU and take your pick of the tomato cans on this......horrendous schedule (thanks Dave).

/endrant
                      Not to butt in, but didn't you play at BU last year? you would think you'd get a return game.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Not to butt in, but didn't you play at BU last year? you would think you'd get a return game.
                        At this rate I'm just happy we have a non-AHA/bad ECAC team on the schedule.

Home series with Robert Morris, Mercyhurst, Dartmouth and a home game with Niagara. That'll definitely fill the building that has struggled to even average full capacity the last handful of years.

That's what happens when your (thankfully now fired) AD alienates everyone he comes into contact with. Look for much better scheduling since Michigan's interim AD Jim Hackett is a legend, hiring Jim Harbaugh and negotiating the biggest apparel deal in the country with Nike/Jordan brand.

I'd also say enjoy Mel Pearson while you still have him. He is THE target for the next Michigan head coach. Michigan won't name a permanent AD until Hackett finishes the "projects" he still has to take care of. One of those projects includes the new hockey HC. No reason to believe he won't bring Mel Pearson in.
                        Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 09-21-2015, 09:21 PM.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

You should be fine. I have you at the top of the B10. And you at least have a coach, unlike the one we are stuck with.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

I'd also say enjoy Mel Pearson while you still have him. He is THE target for the next Michigan head coach. Michigan won't name a permanent AD until Hackett finishes the "projects" he still has to take care of. One of those projects includes the new hockey HC. No reason to believe he won't bring Mel Pearson in.
                            There is one, Coach Pearson is not interested. He has reiterated several times and signed a 5 year extension. Life is good at Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              There is one, Coach Pearson is not interested. He has reiterated several times and signed a 5 year extension. Life is good at Tech.
                              If he has said he's not interested, that should answer that.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...heap/72571878/

this is the kind of slap-dash crap that perpetuates this idea that Mel is going to go back to Ann Arbor. Goricki knows nothing of the situation, just makes his own assumption and prints it. Did you specifically ask Red? Where's that quote, instead of your smooth over "focused on this season and not the future" cop-out?

And Steve Shields did NOT work with Tech last season. In fact, he left TWO seasons ago in 2013. Goricki really has his finger on the pulse.

Comment

Working...
                                X