Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
    Interesting theory, have you heard anything to support it? And I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm actually curious. Michigan has played several non-conference games away since leaving the WCHA that are far away. Granted most are slightly closer than Grand Forks by plane.
    North Dakota is racist. Coach Berenson does not want to expose his players to that cess pool. It's bad enough that they already have to play two games a year in Columbus...
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      But they traveled regularly to Alaska Fairbanks in the not too distant CCHA days.
      I don't know the CCHA agreement, but UAA paid for travel for the teams in the old WCHA, AND the visiting teams got to schedule 2 extra games. Very much worth that agreement, IMO.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I don't know the CCHA agreement, but UAA paid for travel for the teams in the old WCHA, AND the visiting teams got to schedule 2 extra games. Very much worth that agreement, IMO.
        That clause is in the NCAA, any team who goes to Alaska gets an additional 2 games. 2 additional home games for a team bonding event (if the game is scheduled early in the season) is great incentive. I fully agree with you Brent, OMG I feel dirty.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So anyone going to the banquet Sunday, Boo Neives and Justin Selman are not going to be there- https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...s-respectively

They have signed.

(well, I assume they will be playing hockey, and not have the day off)

The Daily is also reporting Werenski may sign today. Not a surprise if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

The Daily is also reporting Werenski may sign today. Not a surprise if he does.
            Now they are reporting that he has signed- https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...s-blue-jackets

Not going to Columbus, but to the Lake Erie Monsters for now. Maybe then to Columbus.

Sad, but expected move.

Comment

Any rumors on CCM line? Junior year seems to be a prime time for the jump and seems like M and C could be to that point. And the other C seems NHL ready. Gotta think that with the unknown of a potential new coach could even play into their decisions. But also, if they are going to teams they would likely play for, or would they maybe wait a year and pick their team? (Who owns their rights?) Seems like if Conner were to leave, the other two, having benefited from being on his line, might not want to risk a downturn in points next year. I realize for most it is pure speculation, but sometimes a poster has heard something on which to base the speculation and I am too lazy to read a few pages to find it.

Also, is Downing much of a risk? Seems to have the size and attitude, but seemed to miss half the games I watched, so don't feel I have a good feel for his skill level.

Comment

Downing has signed with the Panthers. http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...032916aag.html

[QUOTE=Koho;6309290

Also, is Downing much of a risk? Seems to have the size and attitude, but seemed to miss half the games I watched, so don't feel I have a good feel for his skill level.[/QUOTE]
                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                  Downing has signed with the Panthers. http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...032916aag.html
                  Well I wasn't expecting quite that definitive of a response on anyone this quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    It's bad enough that they already have to play two games a year in Columbus...
                    Columbus isn't that bad. Remember several years ago when the Blue Jackets signed Shawn Hunwick to be an emergency backup goalie?
                    They had nothing in the equipment room to fit his size so he had to retain his Michigan gear. At the end of the last game the coach put him in net and the whole arena gave him a standing ovation Michigan gear and all! Pretty decent of those Columbus fans to honor a kid playing for the Wolverines just a couple of weeks prior!

Comment

https://twitter.com/dkristo7/status/714953603803287552

Looks good in green...

Comment

So I have a question, was this rash of signings by the Michigan players expected or an indication of jumping ship due to inside info that Red's not going to be coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          Shouldn't he be flipping off the camera? Seems like the thing to do in those clothes- especially to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            So I have a question, was this rash of signings by the Michigan players expected or an indication of jumping ship due to inside info that Red's not going to be coming back?
                            Well, so far, this "rash" is two players. And we expect Conner to leave.

The Daily suggests is Compher stays for his last year, Red should, too. Anyway, the entire CCM line is anticipated to go, but behind that, well... not much worry. Unless there are specific problems with school.

Comment

Shouldn't he be flipping off the camera? Seems like the thing to do in those clothes- especially to him.
                              They're always braver on that side of the glass, probably not so much if it wasn't there!

Comment

Well, he doesn't look very happy... Besides, UND fans and coaches flip the bird. The players pee in elevators.

Comment

Working...
                                X