• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMICH
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Of course you don't see it, because your head is up your ***.

Overachieved* when you won the regular season and still didn't make the tournament? That takes some special kind of incompetence.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Actually, I don't see it. We won the regular season, and I watched your team choke in person. You had way more top end talent, but found some way to squander it. We actually over achieved, and you did not.
    Of course you don't see it, because your head is up your ***.

Overachieved* when you won the regular season and still didn't make the tournament? That takes some special kind of incompetence.

Leave a comment:

• ecemleafs
    replied

Nieves off to a good start in his pro career. 5 points in his first 3 games with Hartford.

Leave a comment:

• Khryx
    replied

Actually, I don't see it. We won the regular season, and I watched your team choke in person. You had way more top end talent, but found some way to squander it. We actually over achieved, and you did not.
    If we look at top end talent as judged by the NHL, both teams had 12 players drafted. Here is the reference I used: http://m.collegehockeyinc.com/node/275

Based upon this, one could argue both teams underachieved as Quinnipiac played in a tougher conference with even less top end talent (2 drafted players) and the same could be said for North Dakota (12 drafted players). As far as squandering goes, Minnesota didn't make the NCAA tournament and Michigan both made the tournament and lost to a team playing for the title, this after winning a game in the tournament.

Granted, one could argue that Michigan choked against UND, just as one could argue that Minnesota choked against Michigan in the conference tournament. I would argue both games the losing team was outplayed.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Did a Gopher just say a Minnesota team that didn't even make the tournament, "over achieved"? That's a pretty low bar you got over there. You do know that once the season is over, there's no need to sand bag.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied
    Ok. Good luck with that world view.

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    No matter how you try, your team was worse than ours. Must be hard to take.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied
    the rest of the team must really be some underachievers.
    No matter how you try, your team was worse than ours. Must be hard to take.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied
    Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I AM NOT AN ENGINEER! Why in the world would I ever want to hire a sparty engineer? How many athletes (in the big 4 sports) are engineering majors at sparty? I'll ask again, how is this at all relevant to our discussion?
    You started it. I just use examples I know. Being as smart as you think you are, I'd think you would get that.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

When you made that absurd statement, and I told you I would hire a MSU engineer over a UM GS grad all day long.

By keep digging into that, you keep telling us that you, as a UM grad, are superior to any MSU grad (based on a few people, all are clueless), which includes engineering (which is what I do). Yea, you are not.

Get over that, already.

I'm sure other professionals out there can tell you how absurd you are, but I go with what I know.
    I AM NOT AN ENGINEER! Why in the world would I ever want to hire a sparty engineer? How many athletes (in the big 4 sports) are engineering majors at sparty? I'll ask again, how is this at all relevant to our discussion?

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Well, Connor didn't win the Hobey. I wanted him to but didn't think he should. I made a post in the Hobey thread which explains why (and it includes an entertaining link):

"
    I say this as a Michigan fan, this does not shock me. While I of course wanted Connor to win if you look over the requirements for the award they picked the correct individual this year. The Hobey Baker Award is about more than just who has the best stats. It's true that in recent years it has been primarily about statistics but this year the voters had a chance to right the ship. That and have a winner from Harvard, that never happens. The kid had a decent year albeit
    slightly down compared to last year but his off the ice presence iswhat won it fo him. The kid attends freaking Harvard, that's no school for dummies. He speaks fluent Mandarin. He also participates in many causes off the ice. He is the captain of his team. The guy just gets it.

Connor meanwhile kicked ***** on the ice this year but didn't do much else outside. The kid partcipated in "Mock Rock" this year when is a one-time vareity show which the hockey team has their freshman class enter every year. Sure all of the proceeds from "Mock Rock" go to charity but it isn't like it was his choice. "Mock Rock" is basically a simulation of SNL. I'm pretty sure that decision comes down from Coach Berenson as a way for the incoming Freshmen to form team bonding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM25FYyJKEM

He also grew a mustache (maybe) for Movember to bring awareness to Prostate Cancer. Basically said, he was more concerned about learning where his classes were. I'm not yelling at him, as a Freshman you're undergoing a lot of changes and not expected to be in a lot of causes. I guess I'm complaining more that Eichel won last year. I think the right person won this year even though I wanted Kyle Connor to win."

Leave a comment:

• Happy
    replied

Four All Americans for Michigan.

CCM line and Werenski
    the rest of the team must really be some underachievers.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Four All Americans for Michigan.

CCM line and Werenski

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied

I know a UM grad who thought blinking red lights were "optional" stops until age 23. I just don't know about that school over in Ann Arbor. A lot of smoke and mirrors based on my one data point.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

A general studies degree from Michigan is still better than anything that you can get from sparty. Think about that for a minute....
    No, I am not suggesting that I know more than trained engineers. That is an absurd asumption, however:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...8v1o1_1280.jpg

When did this conversation turn into strictly engineering? How many atheletes of the 3 major sports, are engineering majors? I'm guessing very small percentage.
    When you made that absurd statement, and I told you I would hire a MSU engineer over a UM GS grad all day long.

By keep digging into that, you keep telling us that you, as a UM grad, are superior to any MSU grad (based on a few people, all are clueless), which includes engineering (which is what I do). Yea, you are not.

Get over that, already.

I'm sure other professionals out there can tell you how absurd you are, but I go with what I know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X