• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfablue
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    I like the multitudes of michigan fans that came out on social media singing the praises of martin... KO this and KO that. It takes a special type of fan to turn something that gutless and bush-league into something to be proud of...
    Where?

I see nothing here, and I saw nothing on rivals or scout's hockey boards.

Heck, on rival's boards, the posts I've seen suggest he's getting a deserved suspension....

To me, it takes a special fan to go look for fans to dislike.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    The usual BS from Michigan fans. Classy team, classy fan base. Talking to UM fans after a game is like a constant trip back to elementary school.

"BUT BUT BUT THEY STARTED IT! WHO CARES OF MARTIN PUNCHED A PLAYER IN THE FACE AS HE LAY PRONE ON THE ICE SEPARATED BY AN OFFICIAL? THEY STARTED IT!"
    Other than one other poster, do you have any other posts that suggest this is a chronic thing, or are you just making it up?

Then again, it's interesting that you spent time watching a team that you dislike so much. Seems kinda stupid. Seems to put your posts in perspective.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

The usual BS from Michigan fans. Classy team, classy fan base. Talking to UM fans after a game is like a constant trip back to elementary school.

"BUT BUT BUT THEY STARTED IT! WHO CARES OF MARTIN PUNCHED A PLAYER IN THE FACE AS HE LAY PRONE ON THE ICE SEPARATED BY AN OFFICIAL? THEY STARTED IT!"
    I like the multitudes of michigan fans that came out on social media singing the praises of martin... KO this and KO that. It takes a special type of fan to turn something that gutless and bush-league into something to be proud of...

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dream No. 2
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    I see you are making the thread rounds with your useless comments. There were two teams out there- actually saw it LIVE- and here to tell you the shenanigans went both ways. Punches to the backs of heads, stickwork and other chicanery from the Bucks. So save your bile for the foam lappers that ate Michigan's dust in the CCHA all those years.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Watched both games this weekend. Great to see that old habits from the CCHA years die heard for Red and crew: cheap shots and late hitting after the whistle. Of course today after the final whistle, Cutler Martin pulls a Jason Ryznar by slugging a Buckeye player while he's on his back and restrained by an official. Truly gutless hockey and a hallmark of UM teams over the years.

Too bad the in-state rivals can't get after you numbskulls anymore.
    I see you are making the thread rounds with your useless comments. There were two teams out there- actually saw it LIVE- and here to tell you the shenanigans went both ways. Punches to the backs of heads, stickwork and other chicanery from the Bucks. So save your bile for the foam lappers that ate Michigan's dust in the CCHA all those years.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    *insert standard reply about missing talent for world juniors, officiating, etc.*

Also, we're glad you recognize that "Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey."
    Yeah, coming from a bitter fan of a irrelevant program that has never won a meaningful game vs. Michigan at JLA.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Dream No. 2
    replied

Watched both games this weekend. Great to see that old habits from the CCHA years die heard for Red and crew: cheap shots and late hitting after the whistle. Of course today after the final whistle, Cutler Martin pulls a Jason Ryznar by slugging a Buckeye player while he's on his back and restrained by an official. Truly gutless hockey and a hallmark of UM teams over the years.

Too bad the in-state rivals can't get after you numbskulls anymore.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I guess, but didn't Kevin Porter play 4 years?
    He did, but didn't come in with such high expectations, and didn't really show much until his Jr year. Connor is more like a Morrison kind of player, as I see it- so more of 4 massive years vs 3 really good ones and one massive ones.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Highly unlikely that he's back. We knew that coming into the season, but that does not make it any easier to deal with. Long gone are the days great players stay 4 years....
    I guess, but didn't Kevin Porter play 4 years?

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

So do you all over here think Conner will be in college next year? or is he a one and done like larkin was.?
    Highly unlikely that he's back. We knew that coming into the season, but that does not make it any easier to deal with. Long gone are the days great players stay 4 years....

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If Northern isn't much, how did it take a 3rd period comeback for Michigan to squeak out a 3-2 win in a game in which the shots and scoring chances were virtually equal? I mean, Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey. Shouldn't this have been a blowout?
    Michigan didn't want to humiliate the .500 school so we played down to the level of our competition. It was the Holidays for crying out loud. Season's greetings! Are you new to this?

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

So do you all over here think Conner will be in college next year? or is he a one and done like larkin was.?
    IMHO he's gone but of course I hope he comes back. I'm not counting on it tough. Everyone knew that Larkin was ready last year but foolishly I held out hope that he'd return to Michigan for one more season. Wow do I look like an idiot now. I didn't forsee what he is doing with the Wings this year, it's almost as if he plays to the level of competition around him. To me, Connor looks better than Larkin at the college level. Will that translate to the NHL? I don't know but I'm preparing myself for him to be gone.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If Northern isn't much, how did it take a 3rd period comeback for Michigan to squeak out a 3-2 win in a game in which the shots and scoring chances were virtually equal? I mean, Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey. Shouldn't this have been a blowout?
    *insert standard reply about missing talent for world juniors, officiating, etc.*

Also, we're glad you recognize that "Michigan is the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey."

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    For as much prestige as the GLI receives I do not think it the GLI is that great. I know it's the oldest college tourny but sparty sucks, Tech is Tech, and the invite team (NMU this year) isn't much. Next year wastern comes to Detroit, I wouldn't call that a step-up from Northern. Bowling Green isn't that bad this year but who knows how they will be in 2017 when they are the invite. There have been some decent teams overthe years but the point is it's not all that it is cracked up to be.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

At this rate I don't see how he's not in the show next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X