• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeZ
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Three to be exact.

Whomever you root for, add 20 years of making the tourney, straight, and you still wouldn't touch Michigan's streak. Like all things, it had to end sometime. NOBODY has done that. At least no program that came from the CCHA will. Michigan was in two FF's in the last eight seasons. How about your program?
    Not to quibble but our streak of consecutive NCAA Tournament Appearances ultimately got to 22 ending in '12.

We have the most:
    Tournament Appearances @ 35 tied with Minnesota followed by Boston U and Boston C @ 33 each
    Championships @ 9 followed by Denver and North Dakota @ 7 each
    Frozen Four Appearances @ 24 followed by Boston U and Boston C @ 22 eah
    Consecutive Frozen Four Appearances @ 10 followed by Boston U (twice) and Colorado College @ 5 each
    Frozen Four Wins @ 25 followed by No. Dakota and Boston U @ 21 each
    Last edited by JoeZ; 01-23-2016, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    Yeah, when was that? I can't exactly remember, it's been years since UM played in the tournament.
    Three to be exact.

Whomever you root for, add 20 years of making the tourney, straight, and you still wouldn't touch Michigan's streak. Like all things, it had to end sometime. NOBODY has done that. At least no program that came from the CCHA will. Michigan was in two FF's in the last eight seasons. How about your program?

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    The kids are actually really good. It was a game for the first 2+ periods....
    It usually is.

I think they might have actually beat us once a few years ago.

They've beaten sparty a few times.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    They only listed commits to Michigan schools, and missed Mitch Eliot, who signed with Michigan State.
    I'm amazed those are the only commits to Mich schools.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    From my vantage point next to the penalty box it looked like he lost an edge and went into the boards head first. When Bancroft got there it almost looked like he was doing a preliminary potential concussion evaluation. Then I heard some talk about maybe his neck.

Either way, as much as we will need him vs. PSU let's just be sure he is not rushed back until he is ready regardless of if he just thinks he is ready.
    I totally agree.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Okay, check this article from "Michigan Hockey News" about the NHL Central Scouting Mid Term draft rankings of players with Michigan ties - either from Michigan or committed to a Michigan college.

Does anyone else find it strange that they list 5 skaters and a goalie committed to Michigan and one skater to Western. That's it. NO other commitments.

http://mihockeynow.com/2016/01/nhl-c...ar-throughout/
    They only listed commits to Michigan schools, and missed Mitch Eliot, who signed with Michigan State.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

I've been saying that since about Halloween. I think Larkin is a better skater but Connor seems to have better hands and a better feel for the flow of the game, sort of like the old stories about Gretzky and how as a kid he charted out where the puck was at all times to figure out where it was going to be ahead of time, not to call him the next Gretzky though.
    Which is what I always saw in Morrison. Which is also why I keep being reminded of Brendan with Kyle.

I wish some of that anticipation could rub off on the rest of the team- especially in our defensive zone. Just a *little* more of that, and our D would be pretty darned good.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Okay, check this article from "Michigan Hockey News" about the NHL Central Scouting Mid Term draft rankings of players with Michigan ties - either from Michigan or committed to a Michigan college.

Does anyone else find it strange that they list 5 skaters and a goalie committed to Michigan and one skater to Western. That's it. NO other commitments.

http://mihockeynow.com/2016/01/nhl-c...ar-throughout/

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

To me, Connor looks better than Larkin at the college level.
    I've been saying that since about Halloween. I think Larkin is a better skater but Connor seems to have better hands and a better feel for the flow of the game, sort of like the old stories about Gretzky and how as a kid he charted out where the puck was at all times to figure out where it was going to be ahead of time, not to call him the next Gretzky though.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

When Connor went down I started thinking that we might regress to a sparty level. Granted we still dto not know exactly what happened but IMHO he'll play next week at Penn State (*fingers crossed*).
    From my vantage point next to the penalty box it looked like he lost an edge and went into the boards head first. When Bancroft got there it almost looked like he was doing a preliminary potential concussion evaluation. Then I heard some talk about maybe his neck.

Either way, as much as we will need him vs. PSU let's just be sure he is not rushed back until he is ready regardless of if he just thinks he is ready.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    I wish we'd cancel this game. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of these games. Especially with our own recruits trying to prove themselves by being chippy with the current team.

Three ejections tonight. All three of them Wolverines with the USA ejection being an incoming 2016-17 freshman.

What do those guys care, though? It's not like their college head coach for next year was there.
    +1. This has gotten rather old.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    actually it was your guy that said, and I quote, "Northern isn't much..."
    But all you do is try to convince us he is right. Which you have done repeatedly over the years. The message has gotten rather stale that it may be a big deal that you guys beat us. It's not.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Wait, we need excuses that we beat you?

Do you REALLY think your team is that bad? Wow, I thought you actually liked Northern. After so many years of your posts, it is pretty clear that you think Northern is a pretty bad hockey school.

You must be really popular up there.
    actually it was your guy that said, and I quote, "Northern isn't much..."

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    I wish we'd cancel this game. There is absolutely nothing good that comes out of these games. Especially with our own recruits trying to prove themselves by being chippy with the current team.

Three ejections tonight. All three of them Wolverines with the USA ejection being an incoming 2016-17 freshman.

What do those guys care, though? It's not like their college head coach for next year was there.
    I kind of agree with you, to an extent. The game was wayyyyy to physical for my tastes though. When Connor went down I started thinking that we might regress to a sparty level. Granted we still dto not know exactly what happened but IMHO he'll play next week at Penn State (*fingers crossed*). I can't remember who I was talking to before the season started about the weak home schedule this year and he said that he'd bet there were games with about 3k people in attendence. Well in last nights exhibition game against the jail-bait Michigan had 5,114 there. So yea, not quite 3,000....

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 01-21-2016, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X