X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khryx
    replied
    Originally posted by UMICH View Post

Has anyone ever done well at Minnesota? I'd love a sweep but even a split would make me happy. It's a Thursday/Friday series next week, I hope our guys can assimilate to the large sheet quickly.
    I tried to do quick numbers since the start of the B1G hockey conference and got these stats for at least 3 games played at Mariucci:
    Michigan = 0-4
    Minnesota-Duluth = 3-1
    MSU = 1-4-1
    OSU = 0-6
    PSU = 1-5
    SCSU = 2-1
    Wisconsin = 0-3-1

Harvard, Merrimack, Minnesota State, and Vermont each have one win and no losses at Mariucci. I might have missed something but Minnesota has played well at home in the B1G and most of their home losses have been against non-conference foes.
    Last edited by Khryx; 02-21-2016, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

I didn't go to the game but I did watch it online. I really didn't see much interms of offense from Ferris. That includes the inevitable give-aways in our own zone that Michigan typically gives up multiple times a gam. Michihgan played very sound defenseively. What concerned me yesterday (not enough to ever doubt the outcome of the gam though) was Racine. First let me inform you that I have no problem with Racine. He's winning games, that's all I can ask from him. However both goals last night seemed weak. As long as our offense is on-point we can overcome that. When it is shut down we can't (I point to the 12/12 Minnesota games as my evidence).

Has anyone ever done well at Minnesota? I'd love a sweep but even a split would make me happy. It's a Thursday/Friday series next week, I hope our guys can assimilate to the large sheet quickly.
    Racine has played well lately. The first Ferris goal on the PP was a point blast that he didn't see- and was deflected. The second was a case where he got left out in the wind by his defense and let a shot go under his arm. At that point I think the team had already counted a win and were playing out the clock.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Good win at home (finally) against a team that gives up as much offense and they create. Makes it a clean sweep over WCHA opponents this season and all the games were competitive. Now the focus shifts to Minnesota and a place where Michigan hasn't done well at all.
    I didn't go to the game but I did watch it online. I really didn't see much interms of offense from Ferris. That includes the inevitable give-aways in our own zone that Michigan typically gives up multiple times a gam. Michihgan played very sound defenseively. What concerned me yesterday (not enough to ever doubt the outcome of the gam though) was Racine. First let me inform you that I have no problem with Racine. He's winning games, that's all I can ask from him. However both goals last night seemed weak. As long as our offense is on-point we can overcome that. When it is shut down we can't (I point to the 12/12 Minnesota games as my evidence).

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Good win at home (finally) against a team that gives up as much offense and they create. Makes it a clean sweep over WCHA opponents this season and all the games were competitive. Now the focus shifts to Minnesota and a place where Michigan hasn't done well at all.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
    Save Ferris!
    Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Leave a comment:

• bluevox
    replied

Save Ferris!

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

This is the type of team we have- and when they don't outscore their mistakes they are exposed. Why are you surprised about that?
    Not surprised just disappointed in that they have a propensity to think that all they have to do is put their sticks on the ice and a "W" naturally follows, that they are somehow "Entitled".

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

This is the type of team we have- and when they don't outscore their mistakes they are exposed. Why are you surprised about that?
    That's a good way of putting it. I'm gonna use that.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    Yeah.
    Right.
    Whatever you say.

While we are playing OSU and PSU the Gophers are playing 2 @ MSU and 2 v. the Badgers. Sparty and Bucky are a combined 13-33-10 this season. I do not see the Gophers dropping ANY points in those 4 games. So just how do you expect us to gain any ground? The way I see it we are now in the position of absolutely needing a minimum of 4 points this weekend. You can't play down to the level of the competition and expect to win any titles.
    First, we play Ferris then deal with the Gophers.

The B1G Ten regular season title is nothing but a banner anyway. As long as they finish 1 or 2 for seeding purposes in the B1G Tourney, it will be fine. I'd rather win the autobid and roll into the NCAA's playing well.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Plenty to look back on and lament if they don't take at least 4 points in Minnesota in two weeks. Then, they have to outpoint Minnesota in games vs. Bucks and Penn State. .
    Yeah.
    Right.
    Whatever you say.

While we are playing OSU and PSU the Gophers are playing 2 @ MSU and 2 v. the Badgers. Sparty and Bucky are a combined 13-33-10 this season. I do not see the Gophers dropping ANY points in those 4 games. So just how do you expect us to gain any ground? The way I see it we are now in the position of absolutely needing a minimum of 4 points this weekend. You can't play down to the level of the competition and expect to win any titles.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied
    Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Now there are two guys who know how to call it down the middle...
    I'd rather listen to our homers than their homers. I laughed when the badger team said the CCM line would get cold sitting on the bench b/c we were taking penalties... until Compher scored a SHG and nearly popped another right after the faceoff.
    Last edited by streaker; 02-16-2016, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Yes they did- but they were so obnoxius to listen to... I turned our own radio guys on instead.
    Now there are two guys who know how to call it down the middle...

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

It wasn't questionable, it was complete horse-****. Even the homer announcers on WPTV were saying that it was no goal. It clearly slid in the net by way of underneath it.
    Yes they did- but they were so obnoxius to listen to... I turned our own radio guys on instead.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I understand that Wisconsin's one goal was questionable, but we still won by 3.
    It wasn't questionable, it was complete horse-****. Even the homer announcers on WPTV were saying that it was no goal. It clearly slid in the net by way of underneath it.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    And the good-for-nothing buckeyes sure didn't help us out. Could've taken as many as NINE POINTS from Minnesota in the standings if they scored on them in OT.
    4 one goal games against them have cost not only you guys first place but Ohio state a chance at 3rd not that its the same just throwing that out there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X