X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streaker
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

They were five minutes short of tying and going to a shootout which would have kept them on top of the conference. Should have never come to that, but if they lose the conference it doesn't sit on this game, but the crap show they put on at JLA in OT vs. MSU, the two "ties" vs. Wisconsin, the shootout loss to OSU and the loss to Minnesota at Yost. I thought they played pretty well in both of these games except for the goaltending on Friday. Racine actually kept them in the game on Thursday until they pulled away.

The only thing they can do is focus on the next one.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    That one was tough to swallow. Need goaltending after the team played well defensively this series. Awful.
    Yea, that dump-in goal killed. Schierhorn played very well today too (along with Michigan blowing some golden opportunities). It hurts but a split was the best-case scenario I thought before the series. Granted I wanted more after Thursday but I got greedy.....

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

That one was tough to swallow. Need goaltending after the team played well defensively this series. Awful.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

I only watched the first and second period- interesting defensive effort. While Minny got a lot of shots, not many of them were really good ones- the best one coming in the 2nd where Racine kept his head up and stole a great chance. Even the PK was effective.

Going to bed, I figured that there was a good chance the offense would get rolling in the 3rd- they had quite a few really great opportunities late in the 2nd, and I didn't see any reason that those would not happen in the third. And that Compher/Connor goal was really sweet.

Hopefully, the last couple of min does not mean that the game tonight will be that much different.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Huge win last night, but the telling tale will be how they will answer Minnesota tonight. I suspect, like in A2, that the Gophers will be much better. Kudos to the boys for the best defensive game I have witnessed all season up until the last three minutes. A total azz kicking.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    That's too bad. The Dekers- which is to say the team- does benefit by our spending money.
    Yea I support The Dekers but it's just not worth it when I get the channel the game is on. I went the last time they had something at Revel & Roll because the game that day (@BC) was on a station that I do not receive. If The Dekers has these watch parties coinciding with games televised on out of area networks I'll be much more likely to attend. Buut like I said, when it's on FSD or BTN I'll be staying home. I get into Michigan Hockey games and typically do not like others round while watching. Especially if they make a comment that I happen to disagree with.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I don't even remember what I had (if anything) but I'd rather watch the game from the comfort of my own home where the beer is free, bathroom is close by, and there isn't the background noise of pins being smacked around. I'll be stay home.
    That's too bad. The Dekers- which is to say the team- does benefit by our spending money.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

There is more than pizza on the menu.

While I agree that 9pm is late, it's also Friday. And we are both older than you! Numerically, that is.

Can't comment on the Cubs AC part- while it is walking distance to us, we never went until post re-model.
    I don't even remember what I had (if anything) but I'd rather watch the game from the comfort of my own home where the beer is free, bathroom is close by, and there isn't the background noise of pins being smacked around. I'll be stay home.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    How unhappy were we with the food? Fiance and I didn't eat pizza again for a month (and we both like pizza). That pizza was disgusting.

*summons up grouchy Michigan alumna* I miss Cubs, the atmosphere and the menu (esp. the specials menu). I don't like change. The "coaches room" is not well designed for groups watching the tvs. 9 pm is past my bedtime.
    There is more than pizza on the menu.

While I agree that 9pm is late, it's also Friday. And we are both older than you! Numerically, that is.

Can't comment on the Cubs AC part- while it is walking distance to us, we never went until post re-model.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    While I agree that taking anything fewer than 5 points from Minnesota seals our #2 spot in the B1G, I can understand being happy with a split 'cause it's been awhile since Michigan has had a win at Mariucci.
    Four points will put us 1 point ahead (they are 1 ahead, we would net gain 2) which SHOULD be enough as long as we do not play down to the level of the competition during the final two weeks against OSU and PSU.

I haven't ruled out a #3 seeding. If Minny should sweep look out. PSU is currently only 3 points behind us. They are off this weekend then have a pair of games at Wisconsin the following weekend which they have the ability to sweep. Then there is the final weekend with a pair of games head to head in Yost. Those could become very interesting.
    Last edited by JoeZ; 02-24-2016, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

BTW, if you were at the last watch party and were not happy with the food, do know that there have been a lot of changes. We have heard that the whole menu is there, now. And the service has picked up a lot, too.

We plan to go.

Oh, and note the game time. 9pm EST Friday. Late dinner.
    How unhappy were we with the food? Fiance and I didn't eat pizza again for a month (and we both like pizza). That pizza was disgusting.

*summons up grouchy Michigan alumna* I miss Cubs, the atmosphere and the menu (esp. the specials menu). I don't like change. The "coaches room" is not well designed for groups watching the tvs. 9 pm is past my bedtime.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    Why would a split make you happy? THAT would basically seal our BEST possible finish and seeding in the B1G Tourney in the #2 slot, not to mention bragging rights.

Minny will not drop any points during the final 2 weekends against sparty and the Badgers. So unless we catch them this weekend FUGGEDABOUTIT!

I will remind everyone about Dec. 5, Dec. 12, Feb. 5 and Feb. 13 when we dropped a combined 7 points we should have claimed by inexcusably playing down to the level of the competition putting us in this position. I will apologize in advance but it was not very long ago Red would NOT HAVE TOLERATED that. Players would have found themselves as a "Healthy scratch".
    Michigan is only 1-point down to Minny (basically 2 at they have the tie-breaker). True sparty and bucky suck but sparty is capable of stealing a game or a couple points (likelihood low though) and bucky is a rivalry series wihb Minny.

Of course Michigan has a challenging road ahead of them with suckeye (rivalry seies H-and-Home) and Penn State (Home games although we have had our issues with Penn State even when they sucked).

I would love a sweep or a W/T but a literal split would still make it realistic. If we get swept that Penn State series to close the year has first round bye implications.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Dekers are having another watch party at Revel and Roll.

I got this e-mail:

The Dekers Blue Line Club is hosting a watch party this Friday (Feb. 26) night when Michigan faces Minnesota at 9 p.m. on Big Ten Network. The party will be held at Revel & Roll in the Coaches Room starting at 8 p.m. The address is 1950 S Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. We hope to see you there to cheer on the Wolverines! Non-Dekers are welcome to attend as well.

Go Blue!
    BTW, if you were at the last watch party and were not happy with the food, do know that there have been a lot of changes. We have heard that the whole menu is there, now. And the service has picked up a lot, too.

We plan to go.

Oh, and note the game time. 9pm EST Friday. Late dinner.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    Why would a split make you happy? THAT would basically seal our BEST possible finish and seeding in the B1G Tourney in the #2 slot, not to mention bragging rights.
    While I agree that taking anything fewer than 5 points from Minnesota seals our #2 spot in the B1G, I can understand being happy with a split 'cause it's been awhile since Michigan has had a win at Mariucci.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Has anyone ever done well at Minnesota? I'd love a sweep but even a split would make me happy.

Minny will not drop any points during the final 2 weekends against sparty and the Badgers. So unless we catch them this weekend FUGGEDABOUTIT!

I will remind everyone about Dec. 5, Dec. 12, Feb. 5 and Feb. 13 when we dropped a combined 7 points we should have claimed by inexcusably playing down to the level of the competition putting us in this position. I will apologize in advance but it was not very long ago Red would NOT HAVE TOLERATED that. Players would have found themselves as a "Healthy scratch".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X