Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Happy with the split on the road vs. a good team. That Friday night loss was rough to watch. Now on to what will most likely be weaker opponents.

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I watched Friday nights game at Revel & Roll and left dissappointed.
    1. Who are you?
    2. I also left Revel & Roll disappointed, partially the hockey results, and mostly the limited menu and disgusting pizza. Is it wrong that I miss Cubs and their constant seasonal vegetable of canned green beans?
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I came by myeslf and sat right in the middle. I forget which shirt I was wearing. Actually, now that I think about it weren't you and your BF sitting directly to my left? I left immediately following the game as I take hockey losses hard. Not as hard as when I was a student but it still takes me about 12 hours to get over them. Unless the loss was to sparty, I'm still pizzed about every single one of those.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Nothing too ground-breaking but 2016-17 signings.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...112415aag.html
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Football: The Game

Basketball: Battle 4 Atlantis against ranked teams

Hockey: Home series with Dartmouth......woo?
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Why don't they just sign the whole U-18 team? Also missing- a major goaltender signing... where is Hayden Lavigne?

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Football: The Game

Basketball: Battle 4 Atlantis against ranked teams

Hockey: Home series with Dartmouth......woo?
              Dartmouth hasn't played Michigan since 1979. I'm just glad it is not another Atlantic Hockey team. But yeah, not a ton of star power on the home nc schedule this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post

I'll get a look at them tonight.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  Why don't they just sign the whole U-18 team? Also missing- a major goaltender signing... where is Hayden Lavigne?
                  Lavigne signed an LOI two years ago in 2013 with the Larkin and Dancs class.
                  Forward Connor Murphy signed an LOI last year in 2014 with the Connor and Marody class.

Comment

I came by myeslf and sat right in the middle. I forget which shirt I was wearing. Actually, now that I think about it weren't you and your BF sitting directly to my left? I left immediately following the game as I take hockey losses hard. Not as hard as when I was a student but it still takes me about 12 hours to get over them. Unless the loss was to sparty, I'm still pizzed about every single one of those.
                    I'm not sure if I noticed you. My fiance and I showed up at the end of the 1st and sat in the middle front (as that's what was available by the time we got there).
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Dartmouth hasn't played Michigan since 1979. I'm just glad it is not another Atlantic Hockey team. But yeah, not a ton of star power on the home nc schedule this season.
                      No relevant games on the non-conference schedule at home. None.

That wonderful showing against Robert Morris in the Saturday game shows why you don't schedule those teams. That's one anchor on PWR in (another) year the B1G is top-to-bottom bad.
                      ---
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                        Lavigne signed an LOI two years ago in 2013 with the Larkin and Dancs class.
                        Forward Connor Murphy signed an LOI last year in 2014 with the Connor and Marody class.
                        Ok. But stil, if Lavigne comes in next year and Nagelvoort is a senior, you would think they would also add another recruit to replace Nags, right?

Comment

No relevant games on the non-conference schedule at home. None.

That wonderful showing against Robert Morris in the Saturday game shows why you don't schedule those teams. That's one anchor on PWR in (another) year the B1G is top-to-bottom bad.
                          RMU is probably a tourney team or Mercyhurst, so I don't think it is that bad to schedule them and Mercyhurst this season- not the anchor you think. But no more than two teams from that conference. Niagara was nothing more than a scrimmage. But it would have been nice to get a NCHC team in- like Duluth, UNO, Denver- and return the favor down the line.

The B1G was worse last season. Wisconsin was horrible and now they are rebounding. MSU is still my darkhorse to win the league since they have the goaltending element plus they have played a difficult schedule, so they'll need to win the league tourney to get in the NCAA. Minnesota is improving and will be back as a top 20 team next season. Penn State is jeckl and hyde, can't figure out why they are not more consistent. OSU has never been a complete team on both sides of the ice in a long time.

Comment

RMU is probably a tourney team or Mercyhurst, so I don't think it is that bad to schedule them and Mercyhurst this season- not the anchor you think. But no more than two teams from that conference. Niagara was nothing more than a scrimmage. But it would have been nice to get a NCHC team in- like Duluth, UNO, Denver- and return the favor down the line.

The B1G was worse last season. Wisconsin was horrible and now they are rebounding. MSU is still my darkhorse to win the league since they have the goaltending element plus they have played a difficult schedule, so they'll need to win the league tourney to get in the NCAA. Minnesota is improving and will be back as a top 20 team next season. Penn State is jeckl and hyde, can't figure out why they are not more consistent. OSU has never been a complete team on both sides of the ice in a long time.
                            RMU is an AHA team that plays the AHA. If they don't win their conference tournament, they aren't in the NCAA Tournament.

Sadly the B1G has followed this rubric recently.
                            ---
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

RMU is an AHA team that plays the AHA. If they don't win their conference tournament, they aren't in the NCAA Tournament.

Sadly the B1G has followed this rubric recently.
                              True, but at least they played the best of the AHA instead of scheduling bottom rung ECAC teams that won't help their SoS any better.

Comment

In town for the weekend series. Fun for our guys to play at Yost. Wish we had played you last year - probably one of our better teams in awhile that bear several Final 16 teams. Down a little bit this year, but we'll play hard. Any suggestions for a pregame watering hole?

Comment

Working...
                                X