X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangle
    replied
    Re: Michigan Wolverines 2015-2016 Season

Who does Michigan expect to loose to pro contracts once this year is wrapped up, will any of the CCM line begone early.

Leave a comment:

• bluevox
    replied
    Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
    What's going on i thought you guys were gonna win by 10?
    We scored 3. They scored 2. 3>2.

As someone has said many times, "simple math." Even in North Dakota.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    It will be a good rivalry and a good challenge when they are in the B1G. Heck, let ALL the CCHA teams in! LOL!
    I was actually just thinking that. A JJ coached team in our conference is a good thing for the required quality of play. Back when we had the combination of Ron Mason and Jeff Jackson as HC's- where the defense was dominant AND the offense was opportunistic helped all the teams. Teams don't have a choice but to understand how to play different kinds of teams.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    I can't remember the last time Michigan just bulldozed a Jeff Jackson-coached team. Even when he was at LSSU, a thorn in the ***.
    It will be a good rivalry and a good challenge when they are in the B1G. Heck, let ALL the CCHA teams in! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Michigan finally shows it can win close, low-scoring games. And what a time to show it.

And FINALLY an OT win!! 0-3-5 this year prior to tonight.

Michigan's last tournament win prior to tonight was over North Dakota in the 2011 Frozen Four. aka SHAWN HUNWICK OWNS ANOTHER GREEN AND WHITE TEAM.

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
    They didn't see a PP. This team feeds on the energy of a PP goal. The last five games Michigan had 3 PP goals in each. ND played a very disciplined game. Congrats to both teams on a great game
    I was saying all game "we need a powerplay, we need a powerplay"

Killed both of theirs and didn't even have one and still got the win. Must've been a confused fan if they thought Michigan was going to roll ND. I can't remember the last time Michigan just bulldozed a Jeff Jackson-coached team. Even when he was at LSSU, a thorn in the ***.

Leave a comment:

• Khryx
    replied
    They didn't see a PP. This team feeds on the energy of a PP goal. The last five games Michigan had 3 PP goals in each. ND played a very disciplined game. Congrats to both teams on a great game

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Congratulations on a big win this evening and for adding a little respect to the oft-maligned Big Ten. Best of luck tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

I was worried, a lot of missed scoring chances by Michigan, fortunately Notre Dame was stymied when they should have had easy goals too!
    It will be more difficult tomorrow night so I hope Michigan is hungrier for it than North Dakota.
    Congratulations on the win and move forward tomorrow carrying the Big Ten banner for us all!

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Even when we had big offense teams in the 90's, playing Lake State was just like that. Jeff Jackson is a heck of a coach.

Leave a comment:

• West Texas Wolverine
    replied

Go Blue!

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied

Good win fellas! Now take down the green menace!

Leave a comment:

• riverchief1
    replied

Good job against Fake Hockey East. After next season, you can keep 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Sioux-perDrunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    No way. The conference has already come out and said they are not going to "maintain the status quo" - i.e., not an all-inclusive tournament rotating between St. Paul and Detroit.

The only reason they had the all-inclusive tournament to begin with is because they had a brand new conference, with a brand new team and they wanted everyone to participate to get the ball rolling. It seems entirely evident to me from the comments within the conference and now the addition of another team that the Big 10 will move to on-campus first round series hosted by the high seed. What they do for the championship weekend and whether all teams qualify for the play-offs (or some team(s) is/are eliminated after the regular season) still seems up in the air and probably won't be decided until it becomes more clear whether or not an 8th team (and which 8th team) will be added.
    Yes, it was well known that this was a temporary 5 year initial plan. Other venues are under consideration with one of them being Nationwide Arena in Columbus. The reasons Nationwide is considered a likely addition is it's in Ohio State's hometown, home to an NHL team, the Blue Jackets and all you need, hotels, restaurants, bars, parking are in abundance and an easy walk from the arena.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Possibly, but since an 8 team playoff takes only 3 days I'd bet they keep the current 3 day one location format.
    But they are supposed to review adding new venues for it after the current 5 year Xcell-Joe arrangement is up. Perhaps they'll review the playoff format as well?
    No way. The conference has already come out and said they are not going to "maintain the status quo" - i.e., not an all-inclusive tournament rotating between St. Paul and Detroit.

The only reason they had the all-inclusive tournament to begin with is because they had a brand new conference, with a brand new team and they wanted everyone to participate to get the ball rolling. It seems entirely evident to me from the comments within the conference and now the addition of another team that the Big 10 will move to on-campus first round series hosted by the high seed. What they do for the championship weekend and whether all teams qualify for the play-offs (or some team(s) is/are eliminated after the regular season) still seems up in the air and probably won't be decided until it becomes more clear whether or not an 8th team (and which 8th team) will be added.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X