Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Off Season Thread 2015

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I think it goes without saying that the freshmen will absolutely have to step up - in short order - if this team is to be successful.
    Should be interesting to see where the scoring will come from among the FR talent with the line chemistry adjustments early in the season. From what Lucia indicated they're expecting a lot from Cammarata, Bristedt and C. Reilly in addition to key guys like Fasching and Kloos. I think we'll see a more aggressive and tenacious look from a renewed Cammarata this season. If Cammy finds his niche he's capable of at least 15 Gs this season. I fully expect Connor Reilly to pick up where he left off with his scoring ability before he was hurt last season...he seems ready to make an immediate impact given his full recovery. I like the hustle and intensity of Vinni Lettieri and if he can improve his positioning in space, he's fully capable of 12-15 Gs this season.

Lots of question marks and not a lot of expectations which is perhaps a better way to start to find your identity as a team. Sometimes its easier to climb the mountain than defend it.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Off Season Thread 2015

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Koho - this program has often done the most when expected to do the least under tDon. Like I said they have the talent and I have a good feeling the chemistry issues won't repeat themselves.
      Everyone knows this is possible and has happened before. But the more things that have to happen for a team to excel beyond expectations (Freshman contributing significantly, a new goalie coming and and being consistently good and a lot of D with out tons of experience stepping up), the more likely they will fall short in one area. I am not saying they can't, or won't turn into a better than expected team, but by definition, to say a team may 'exceed expectations' means that on paper they aren't expected to be a top five or ten team. Just because it has happened before, doesn't mean it should be expected, otherwise they aren't really 'exceeding expectations' if they always are a good team regardless of what shortfalls they need to overcome. I would leave it as there area lot of unknowns this year, so it is harder than usual to predict where they will finish.

Comment

Working...
      X