Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

I would guess its Ellis as Hawkey is still rehabbing after that they will be competing for the job

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
      I would guess its Ellis as Hawkey is still rehabbing after that they will be competing for the job
      Last article I saw on Hawkey by Divver said he was going to be ready to play (LINK)...I would think Hawkey is the man by the end of the year based on him being drafted and being outstanding in his full season in the USHL.

Leaman has pretty much been a one goalie coach throughout his career.
      Last edited by The Zlax45; 08-08-2015, 05:33 PM.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Ellis
        PC 1 UNH 0
        One of the biggest wins of the year for PC

Freshmen goalie coming back from an injury, before it stats were just ok for 14/15
        Even in 2014 playoffs, 1-3. http://ushlstats.stats.pointstreak.c...3&numgames=all

6'1". Is small vs top D 1 goalies in D 1 today

Will be interesting but Ellis should be starter from day one

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Ellis
          PC 1 UNH 0
          One of the biggest wins of the year for PC

Freshmen goalie coming back from an injury, before it stats were just ok for 14/15
          Even in 2014 playoffs, 1-3. http://ushlstats.stats.pointstreak.c...3&numgames=all

6'1". Is small vs top D 1 goalies in D 1 today

Will be interesting but Ellis should be starter from day one
          But I keep reading over on the UNH thread that we beat PC 3 out of 5 times last season. Heard a rumor they might even put that on a banner and hang it from the new Jumbotron.
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
            But I keep reading over on the UNH thread that we beat PC 3 out of 5 times last season. Heard a rumor they might even put that on a banner and hang it from the new Jumbotron.
            Haha, yes, we do gloat (well that's kind of a strong term) over this I suppose in some way but hey you gotta have something to be happy about. No doubt we respect the Friars...looking forward to our trip to PC this season!! As per that banner I heard that would be hung after the parade in downtown...
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 08-09-2015, 09:24 PM.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
              You got that straight, Felger! And, we will be watching our squeakball team on the new Jumbotron, just like being at PC's rink. :-)

Comment

Knowing UNH and your history of chocking I guess you need something to rejoice over so have fun

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
                  Knowing UNH and your history of chocking I guess you need something to rejoice over so have fun
                  You're right. Basically, it's like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0

Comment

Sorry to say that every board has one or more individuals who feel the need to denigrate the team, the coach, their recruits, their players etc. no matter what they accomplish. These posters cannot be happy well adjusted individuals. You can feel sorry for them, but you mustn't pay too much attention to their rants and snipes, lest they begin to spoil your fun. They want attention. Unless their venom becomes egregious, do not feed them. Put them on "ignore".

You were national champs. That's as much anyone can ask of your team.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      Sorry to say that every board has one or more individuals who feel the need to denigrate the team, the coach, their recruits, their players etc. no matter what they accomplish. These posters cannot be happy well adjusted individuals. You can feel sorry for them, but you mustn't pay too much attention to their rants and snipes, lest they begin to spoil your fun. They want attention. Unless their venom becomes egregious, do not feed them. Put them on "ignore".

You were national champs. That's as much anyone can ask of your team.
                      HH I hope you are not referring to my posts over here! It's all in fun (at least I thought so!). Have nothing but respect for the PC Friars...their coach, their program, etc. just wanted to put that out there...FWIW dept...No offense meant...Also, what's wrong with taking alittle solace in knowing you did well against the NC's? Maine of course, had our number all year...I'll stay home for now on!
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 08-10-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hockeyref
                        I wasn't thinking of you at all - in any way. Sorry you thought so. You're a great contributor to the super-active UNH thread.

There is another regular poster who seems to have a problem with the Friars winning the NC. He can't be satisfied and probably doesn't want to be. He would like to see the team miss out on home ice next season so that he can say "I told ya so"!

Comment

That's nothing. Brown was the only team to beat PC head-to-head for a trophy last year. #NationalChampsByTransitiveProperty

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            Hockeyref
                            I wasn't thinking of you at all - in any way. Sorry you thought so. You're a great contributor to the super-active UNH thread.

There is another regular poster who seems to have a problem with the Friars winning the NC. He can't be satisfied and probably doesn't want to be. He would like to see the team miss out on home ice next season so that he can say "I told ya so"!
                            wow...wouldn't we UNH fans like to have that problem, complaining about winning the NC!! I knew coming over here (and anywhere else) is always risky, and I guess I have too thin skin at times...As per that Ellis kid? He did stand on his head that night in Durham. Had great games with PC all season; all won or lost by a goal. Teams matched up pretty well. Hoping for more of the same this year. Got to see Brandon Tanev play at the B's dev camp this summer; that kid can skate. We were hoping he'd moved on Carry on...
                            Ps appreciated your kind words
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 08-10-2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Lol. I like this!

Comment

so the ring looks nice

Last edited by PcFriars13; 08-14-2015, 07:49 PM.
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X