Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College Friars, the best off-season ever!

I must say, with the new schedule out it will be fun to precede mention of the team as "the defending national champion Providence College Friars." But to paraphrase another famous coach from another sport, "That was last year, now we are on to preseason training and need to get ready for the exhibition game against Simon Fraser." Looking forward to 2015-2016.

Comment

Right on Freds......what have you done lately......now we go and get a back to back, you can't live on past records all they do for you is help in recruiting

Comment

This was a borderline NCAA team last year that got hot in the NCAA tournament.

Anything less than an NCAA bid has to be considered a failure in 2015-2016 season with the core of the defense back and the "highest" drafted player in PC history returning for his senior season with a kid in Foley who has played well with the WJEC this week.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

You really are too much......have you figured out who you will target this year

[QUOTE=The Zlax45;6185969]This was a borderline NCAA team last year that got hot in the NCAA tournament.QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

hoooooly smokes you will never be happy, will you. THEY WON THE EFFING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MONTH BEFORE. They DESTROYED Nebraska Omaha in the semis and ran circles around BU in the third period. Leaman coached them to peak at the right time, and they did. BE HAPPY. THEY WON.
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Anything less than an NCAA bid has to be considered a failure in 2015-2016 season with the core of the defense back and the "highest" drafted player in PC history returning for his senior season with a kid in Foley who has played well with the WJEC this week.
              The "highest"drafted player in PC history is not going to be a Senior this year, the highest draft pick in the history of PC Hockey graduated a long time ago. I will let you go do your homework and figure it out. There are at least 2 players drafted higher than Jankowski.
              Last edited by steven22; 08-07-2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

I am sure you are joking, because this makes no sense. Nice

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                  The "highest"drafted player in PC history is not going to be a Senior this year, the highest draft pick in the history of PC Hockey graduated a long time ago. I will let you go do your homework and figure it out. There are at least 2 players drafted higher than Jankowski.
                  Looks like there hasn't been according to this list http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/d...m.php?tmi=7561 but Hulbig and Fitzgerald who were picked higher...Doesn't matter...my point still stands that the number 21st overall pick in the draft is coming back and needs to dominate like the Flames expected him to be.
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 08-07-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                    hoooooly smokes you will never be happy, will you. THEY WON THE EFFING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENED IN THE MONTH BEFORE. They DESTROYED Nebraska Omaha in the semis and ran circles around BU in the third period. Leaman coached them to peak at the right time, and they did. BE HAPPY. THEY WON.
                    Point is...they need to become a consistent program. They are going to be in for a tough time if they take it easy (which they did all season until the playoffs where the bounces went their way) as they will have a HUGE target on their back every night.

Comment

But the target is for their opponents not for their supposed supporters, get on the wagon or go find another team to haunt

Point is...they need to become a consistent program. They are going to be in for a tough time if they take it easy (which they did all season until the playoffs where the bounces went their way) as they will have a HUGE target on their back every night.

Comment

Glad you are fired up for another season of dumping on the defending national champions. I can't wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

You are a bit dramatic there. Repeating is very difficult, they lost key players, so it might be a little early to define what even disappointing would be. Bottom line is by appearing in back to back tourneys and being something called defending champs they are in uncharted waters. I would say they earned some slack.

The strength as you mention is the defense, essentially 6 experienced guys plus 2 big freshmen, one an NHL draft pick. However you certainly must have some concerns about goal. Despite your view of Gillies he is some mighty big skates to fill. While I have not seen anything that tells me Ellis can't do the job, he still has to prove he can and Hawkey is coming off basically a lost season and is just now finishing his rehab

Further for most of the year last year we saw a lack of offense, PC was involved in a lot of 1 goal games both ways, puck luck for one thing will play a role. However by year end we basically played 11 forwards--4 are gone including 3 of your top 6. Yes you are right you should. Expect Janko to break out for by 21 he should have matured (still for reference he is roughly 6 months older than freshman Garrett Gamez). Likewise playoffs proved Tanev and Saracino have stepped up but more players will need to do so. Yes Foley has done well everywhere he has shown his skills, but again remember he is a true freshman
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Looks like there hasn't been according to this list http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/d...m.php?tmi=7561 but Hulbig and Fitzgerald who were picked higher...Doesn't matter...my point still stands that the number 21st overall pick in the draft is coming back and needs to dominate like the Flames expected him to be.

It does matter , your a fraud and a troll. That list is incomplete. If you knew anything about the history of PC Hockey, you would of known the highest draft pick is not on this 2015-16 team. The history of PC hockey didn't start when you decided to start bashing it. Go back under the bridge where you came from.

Comment

If it took last years team a while to figure it out and get clicking, why would this year with key departures being and different. I would not judge this team until after Christmas, earliest. All you can hope for is that they stay with the system and steal a few points. If they are going to be tough to play against, will prob be after break. If they lose a few while figuring it out, who cares.

Comment

Anybody have insight into who will be our starting goalie? Is Hawkey a give or does Ellis have a chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X