Congratulations Providence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congratulations Providence!

Congrats Providence and welcome to the Champions club!

3 first time winners in consecutive years, cue up Bob Dylan
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77;6149444[I
      I thought the two best games that were played against us all season was on New Year's Eve by New Hampshire (in Omaha, I might add) and by Providence in the National Semi-final
      "beating non-conference opponents in October doesn't matter."
      TO kidiff77: Excuse me? New Hampshire's win against a team like UNO wouldn't have mattered had it happened in October? I'd somehow for forgotten that those are preseason games and don't figure in the final standings and rankings. They're just going thorough the motions and trimming down rosters.

Now to actual facts. New Hampshire won 3 of its 4 games against Providence this season. That includes eliminating them from the Hockey East playoffs in the decisive game AT Providence. Also beat both UNO and BU.

Clue: Hockey East is a tough conference. So much so that UNH didn't even make the NCAA Tournament this year. Losing to a Hockey East team isn't embarrassing. A fan of an outstanding team (UNO) might understand this a bit better than you do.

Again, HUGE props to the Friars for both a gutsy season and a "one for the ages" win last night!

PS -- can't resist pointing out that Gillies no doubt got some of his goaltending DNA from his dad. Who starred at... wait for it...
      Last edited by snively; 04-12-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ymmit View Post
        The brand new NCAA national champion!
        Great job and congratulations to all involved with PC hockey.They suffered for years, under bad coaches like
        Pooley, Army, and bad assistants except for Rick Bennet. Hopefully the program will continue with great success

Comment

Hi!
          Harvard fan but that was one great game to watch. I was very impressed with Providence's speed and good passing. Providence deserved the win. I am one fan who does not blame the BU goalie because of one goal he messed up. PC should be very proud.

Of course the only problem could be that a school run by Dominicans beat a school run by Jesuits. I hope the fact that the Pope is Jesuit does not cause problems.

Again, congratulations to your team and all of PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Of course the only problem could be that a school run by Dominicans beat a school run by Jesuits. I hope the fact that the Pope is Jesuit does not cause problems.
            The Jesuits are a few miles down Commonwealth Ave. The Dominicans didn't beat them. The Dominicans beat the devil.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

i would look more at the F running up ice and dman pinching in and getting burnt on winning goal. that was every bit as much of a brain cramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                i would look more at the F running up ice and dman pinching in and getting burnt on winning goal. that was every bit as much of a brain cramp.
                Absolutely terrible job by Grzelcyk on that play...Eichel wasn't good on faceoffs especially in the third period too. He went 14 for 30 in the game.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Excellent job, Providence Friars! Great exciting hockey. Glad you took it to them Terriers. Special congrats to The Fred's and Netman, and all die-hard Friar fans.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Absolutely terrible job by Grzelcyk on that play...Eichel wasn't good on faceoffs especially in the third period too. He went 14 for 30 in the game.
                    Oreagan as well. he was flying out of zone before tanev shot it. bPOth left goalie hanging. horrible play by all 3 when it mattered most. have not seen that play work that easy and clean all year. true you can draw it up but you cant draw up losing face off clean, d oinching. to mIddle and wing flying out of zone. goalie had zero chance

Comment

Congrats to the Friars and all their fans. Played a great game and well deserved - there was a reason BU was forced into brain cramps at times. Nice to see Leaman/Barr get their own NC after what they helped build in Schenectady. I actually remember watching PC's last NC game when they were wearing the StarWars helmets. A long time coming so enjoy!

..and how about that, Hokydad was right (both PC & Union were winners when Leaman moved to RI)!
                      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                        Congrats to the Friars and all their fans. Played a great game and well deserved - there was a reason BU was forced into brain cramps at times. Nice to see Leaman/Barr get their own NC after what they helped build in Schenectady. I actually remember watching PC's last NC game when they were wearing the StarWars helmets. A long time coming so enjoy!

..and how about that, Hokydad was right (both PC & Union were winners when Leaman moved to RI)!
                        Barr isn't on the staff anymore
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Congrats to PC!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Wow. Crazy. Yale, Union, and now Providence.
                            Hmmm....what do two of these teams have in common. If Nate Leaman isn't coaching in the NHL within a couple of years it can only be because he prefers the lifestyle of coaching college hockey...the offers will be there. Built Union into a top program and it was essentially his team that then won a national title before sinking back into mediocrity again. And then built the Providence program in even less time. I watched one his Union hockey practices, once, and came away with a new appreciation for 'intensity'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Oreagan as well. he was flying out of zone before tanev shot it. bPOth left goalie hanging. horrible play by all 3 when it mattered most. have not seen that play work that easy and clean all year. true you can draw it up but you cant draw up losing face off clean, d oinching. to mIddle and wing flying out of zone. goalie had zero chance
                              OK - you've said this now on multiple threads. They made a mistake. It's a lack of experience. Something you can't teach. The more experienced team played with more poise down the stretch. That was obvious. PC dominated the 3rd period and would have tied the game even without the fluke goal. I'm just happy it wasn't the "game winning" goal, because that would have been a horrible way to win.

You just can't simulate those conditions. It doesn't take away from the fact that BU was the best team all year with the fewest losses, the most goals and great clutch play at appropriate times. They just couldn't close the deal. Don't beat them up. It is what it is.

I think you take pleasure in pointing out whenever they "fail." I say you should get a life.

Comment

Awesome job - congrats Friars!

Comment

Working...
                                X