X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Originally posted by kbz View Post
    You mean the one who is going to win the Hobey? Votes weren't due until after regionals and Jack didn't do particularly much in Manchester. In tonight's post game interview on ice Quinn said something to the extent of "that's why he (Jack) should win the Hobey". I hope I'm wrong but I think McIntyre is going to win.
    Goalies rarely, if ever, win Hobeys.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
      You mean the one who is going to win the Hobey? Votes weren't due until after regionals and Jack didn't do particularly much in Manchester. In tonight's post game interview on ice Quinn said something to the extent of "that's why he (Jack) should win the Hobey". I hope I'm wrong but I think McIntyre is going to win.
      i
      I mean, yeah, he played well...against St. Cloud, who barely had a .500 record and Quinnipiac. If you're looking at it that arbitrarily, why not look at his performance in the NCHC semis/consolation? Anything but stellar. I was thoroughly unimpressed with him tonight. Probably just a bad game, but on the big stage, that was a colossal chokejob.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        i
        I mean, yeah, he played well...against St. Cloud, who barely had a .500 record and Quinnipiac. If you're looking at it that arbitrarily, why not look at his performance in the NCHC semis/consolation? Anything but stellar. I was thoroughly unimpressed with him tonight. Probably just a bad game, but on the big stage, that was a colossal chokejob.
        SCSU also had a very tough schedule. *shudderingatdefendingSCSU*
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          There was no whack. Was it a cheap move? Yeah. But I didn't see any whacking motion. He just didn't move his stick. I don't see a suspension, and rightly or wrongly, especially for a championship game.
          What I saw was AFTER everything had quieted down, he skated by the North Dakota player and bumped him with his shoulder. It was a DUMB play and clearly instigating. He was just lucky that the ND player retaliated, and they caught that. Not a good game by ERod...I know he was great in the regionals...just not tonight. Hope he bounces back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Great win by BU, but waaay closer than it needed to be thanks to dumbfuk play by O'Connor. What the hell was he thinking? Don't need Larouque situation again on Saturday, where the goalie picks the biggest game of his life to play the worst game of his career.

Impressed with everything about North Dakota's team except for their goalie. Yikes.

On to the finals and I have tickets to this one!
            I don't recall him doing this during the regular season. O'Connor's sorties have been starting in Manchester, if I recall. Just leave the puck there, man. Let the defense take care of it.
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              What I saw was AFTER everything had quieted down, he skated by the North Dakota player and bumped him with his shoulder. It was a DUMB play and clearly instigating. He was just lucky that the ND player retaliated, and they caught that. Not a good game by ERod...I know he was great in the regionals...just not tonight. Hope he bounces back.
              The worst part was that, on TV, Buccigross was saying that it was smart of BU to cause all the extracurricular activity because it gave the top line some extra ice time.

I was disappointed that BU didn't pursue an active forecheck after UND's second goal, mainly staying back and killing time. That works when there's three minutes left, but there was about 8 minutes left, and not when you're on the PP.
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                The worst part was that, on TV, Buccigross was saying that it was smart of BU to cause all the extracurricular activity because it gave the top line some extra ice time.

I was disappointed that BU didn't pursue an active forecheck after UND's second goal, mainly staying back and killing time. That works when there's three minutes left, but there was about 8 minutes left, and not when you're on the PP.
                But they had a three goal lead and it was NEVER in doubt until you know what happened. You don't take ANY chances in that situation. Then they HAND them a shorthanded goal...

Comment

i'm thinking eichel passes 100 career pts before thanksgiving break next season
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

But they had a three goal lead and it was NEVER in doubt until you know what happened. You don't take ANY chances in that situation. Then they HAND them a shorthanded goal...
                    In a weird way, I think the way the UND game went was good for BU going into Saturdays game. In the few games I've seen (I'm in Florida), BU plays well when they are just a little scared so maybe a scare was better than a fairly unsatisfying 4-1 win. Just my humble take on it.

Comment

I forget exactly when, but it was during the PP (that ND scored the shorty) that BU ran a weak powerplay unit, I believe only sending two forwards up. Now, playing your PP isn't exactly taking chances, is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I have to say, she wasn't really on screen much during the second half of the game.

*lets out looooong breath*

Wow. This is pretty amazing.
                        All this after losing to Bentley last season.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          I don't recall him doing this during the regular season. O'Connor's sorties have been starting in Manchester, if I recall. Just leave the puck there, man. Let the defense take care of it.
                          The one in the first Wisconsin game was quite memorable actually... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEef3QmtvI#t=2m56s

He was very lucky. https://vine.co/v/eBxqvVHPtq7

I think I've finally returned to a regular heartbeat. Man, we made that way too exciting in the end. Can't expect Gillies to be as soft as Zane was last night (disappointing for him if that's his last game), so need to be smarter.
                          Last edited by candycanes99; 04-10-2015, 07:59 AM.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            The one in the first Wisconsin game was quite memorable actually... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEef3QmtvI#t=2m56s
                            I forgot about that. I think that he gets himself into much of the trouble. I really hope he stops trying to Brodeur the puck, because he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              i'm thinking eichel passes 100 career pts before thanksgiving break next season
                              Do you know something we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                Interesting that they were wearing the same uniforms that night also...not a problem tomorrow, though. Home whites!

Comment

Working...
                                X