This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Just posted mh82’s latest Terrier Tale, The Drought Busters, marking the 20th anniversary of BU’s fourth NCAA championship, concluding with a 6-2 win over Maine in Providence. It's a long read, but you'll love the ending.

BU had tons of offense, scoring 224 goals--Grier, Joubert, O'Sullivan, Thornton, Bates, Lachance, Pandolfo, Sylvia, Drury, Brennan, Coleman and more--and rang up big numbers in many games, including 10-3 over BC and 7-3 over Minnesota in the NCAA semi. But so did the opponents. Herlofsky’s numbers were 2.90 and .875; Noble’s were 2.75 and .890. Far from exceptional by today’s standards. Clearly a different era.
    Last edited by Rogie21; 04-07-2015, 11:03 AM.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Just posted mh82’s latest Terrier Tale, The Drought Busters, marking the 20th anniversary of BU’s fourth NCAA championship, concluding with a 6-2 win over Maine in Providence. It's a long read, but you'll love the ending.

BU had tons of offense, scoring 224 goals--Grier, Joubert, O'Sullivan, Thornton, Bates, Lachance, Pandolfo, Sylvia, Drury, Brennan, Coleman and more--and rang up big numbers in many games, including 10-3 over BC and 7-3 over Minnesota in the NCAA semi. But so did the opponents. Herlofsky’s numbers were 2.90 and .875; Noble’s were 2.75 and .890. Far from exceptional by today’s standards. Clearly a different era.
      IIR, average goals/game 20 years ago in D1 play was ~7.5. I think it's ~5 goals/game in present-day, so roughly a 1/3 drop. It's quite fair to say the current BU team's offensive output in this era (150 goals / 39 games) is comparable to the '95 team in that time.

Comment

Is it Thursday?!?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

To quote Anthony Moccia at the Pep Rally they just had at Agganis Arena "People ask me why I play hockey. It's for the beards!" Hee!

Comment

#GoBU is trending right now in Boston on twitter.

Comment

Be Like Eich!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                what a great, great idea!!!!!!!!

Comment

Finally scored my tickets! Working until 4pm though. But at least my seats will be comfy! $600/pr though, I've already paid for most of next season with this playoff run!

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                    Finally scored my tickets! Working until 4pm though. But at least my seats will be comfy! $600/pr though, I've already paid for most of next season with this playoff run!
                    Nice

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Is it Thursday?!?
                      Not even close.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        what a great, great idea!!!!!!!!

I wish somebody else thought of that sooner!
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Aside from the game at BC early in November, has BU worn the solid red uniforms this season?
                          Last edited by buoldtimer; 04-07-2015, 10:58 PM.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Aside from the game at BC early in November, has BU worn the solid red uniforms this season?
                            I'm assuming you mean the primary road jersey. It was worn for the regular season finale at NU. So yes, I (shockingly) didn't count the number of times.

Comment

So, if you've got tickets, are you going for the whole first game or getting hammered at Sully's Tap until about 8:20?

I get out of work at 4 (recruiting at Merrimack, no less), but them I'm heading to town. Do we think I'll get anywhere near Half Time Pizza at 5?

Comment

Originally posted by bu98 View Post
                                So, if you've got tickets, are you going for the whole first game or getting hammered at Sully's Tap until about 8:20?
                                I am assuming this is a rhetorical question.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X