X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    I strongly sense it's not the outcome as much as how they got to the outcome that's still gnawing. Perhaps compounded by the missed opportunity of hoisting the NC trophy on "home" ice with a potential 1-and-done generational talent on the roster.

Having said that, it's really difficult not to be proud of everything that BU team accomplished this season. This was one of the most fun, exciting seasons of following BU hockey I've ever had. They did more than any of us realistically expected back in October and I think the program is in much better shape than it was in 12 months ago.
    Few would disagree with that. Came across this compilation of season highlights. Would be great if someone--with time on his or her hands--could create a game-by-game season review like the one Olo did after the 2009 season. IIRC he provided CDs to fans and players for postage and nothing more. Video highlight clips of just about all of this season's games are here.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Few would disagree with that. Came across this compilation of season highlights. Would be great if someone--with time on his or her hands--could create a game-by-game season review like the one Olo did after the 2009 season. IIRC he provided CDs to fans and players for postage and nothing more. Video highlight clips of just about all of this season's games are here.
      i have one of those
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        It's tough to imagine. It's been a long, long time since BU got a top-2 NHL draft pick phenom from the USNTDP. Probably never.
        All Parker's fault. He can't get those guys to commit. Quinn definitely wouldn't be able to coach him.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Another trivia contest: Since the start of Hockey East in 1984 who has played the most games at each position?
          Left Wing
          Center
          Right Wing
          Left Defense
          Right Defense
          Goalie
          It seems no one wanted to even try, so here are the answers:
          Left Wing: Mike Pandolfo (150)
          Center: Brad Zancanaro (159)*
          Right Wing: Ed Ronan & John Sabo (152)
          Left Defense: Sean Escobedo (154)
          Right Defense: Eric Gryba & Dan Ronan (152)
          Goalie: Kieran Millan (138)
          * John Cullen played all 160 games of his career at center, but his freshman season was the last BU played in the ECAC.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Hard to believe Sabo couldn't muster more than 77 pts in those 152 games. I guess he more than made up for it with penalty minutes and assaults outside of The Avenue.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Back to trivia: With Grzelcyk named captain and expected back for his senior season I looked at all 117 BU captains to see how many junior captains BU has had and how many were also senior captains. Does anyone want to take a guess?
              To date BU has had 9 junior captains: 3 were also senior captains, Grzelcyk will be the 4th. He was also the sixth sole junior captain, as the other 3 were co-captains as juniors and he will be just the second to be sole captain both seasons. Three junior captains were not captains as seniors and two did not return to play their senior season.

Charles Viano, 1926-27, was not senior captain
              Paul Bergholtz, 1929-30 and 30-31, sole captain both seasons
              Ronald Weafer, 1931-32, was not a senior captain
              Jack Garrity, 1950-51 (co-captain), did not return for senior season
              Bob Smith, 1961-62, was not senior captain
              Jack O'Callahan, 1977-78 (co-captain) and 78-79
              Kevin Shattenkirk, 2009-10, did not return for senior season
              Chris Connolly, 2010-11 (co-captain) and 11-12
              Matt Grzelcyk, 2014-15 [and 15-16]

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Hard to believe Sabo couldn't muster more than 77 pts in those 152 games. I guess he more than made up for it with penalty minutes and assaults outside of The Avenue.
                You are correct, as Sabo leads all BU right wings in the Hockey East era with 101 penalties for 253 points.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

You are correct, as Sabo leads all BU right wings in the Hockey East era with 101 penalties for 253 points.

Sean
                  Where does he rank among all skaters in Hockey East? Have to imagine he is top 10-15 historically along with some recent guys like Joey Diamond, Kyle Bigos, Prestin Ryan, etc? Oh and Gryba?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Where does he rank among all skaters in Hockey East? Have to imagine he is top 10-15 historically along with some recent guys like Joey Diamond, Kyle Bigos, Prestin Ryan, etc? Oh and Gryba?
                    Don't forget Orpik, who earned a spot in the 100+ PIMs per season fraternity during his college career.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      At least Gryba was good.

Comment

Per Heisenberg spreadsheet, Duane transferring to QU. Not unexpected.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Per Heisenberg spreadsheet, Duane transferring to QU. Not unexpected.
                          Good for him
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Good for him
                            Yeah, of the 4 guys who took a back seat this year without leaving (Duane, Lawrence, Kelley, Ryan), he's the only one I remember getting a game or two in this past season - although I think TJ Ryan did get one in. Duane showed some skill and I'm glad to see he has found a new home I wonder what the other guys will do.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Yeah, of the 4 guys who took a back seat this year without leaving (Duane, Lawrence, Kelley, Ryan), he's the only one I remember getting a game or two in this past season - although I think TJ Ryan did get one in. Duane showed some skill and I'm glad to see he has found a new home I wonder what the other guys will do.
                              Duane played four games, as did Kelly. Ryan played three, while Lawrence only played the 2 exhibition games.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                Duane played four games, as did Kelly. Ryan played three, while Lawrence only played the 2 exhibition games.

Sean
                                Kind of tough for a guy who scored six goals as a freshman to come back and only play four games.

Comment

Working...
                                X