Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

    Eichel didn't exactly have a great WJC this time around. Not sure what it means really, given it's a small sample size.

    Comment


    • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

      Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Just too big a jump for someone right out of High School. If your 18, and you haven't been residing in Ann Arbor for the past 1-2 years, you pretty much need to some junior experience. There are of course a couple exceptions, but not many.
      You could make a similar case with AJ Greer as well.

      Comment


      • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

        Originally posted by Tater View Post
        You could make a similar case with AJ Greer as well.
        Definitely - though I do think Greer showed a higher level of potential, especially down the stretch. Kurker lasted into his sophpmore year, right? Before it was clear he wasn't a part of the go-forward plan. I think Greer will make a big jump numbers-wise. I like his combination of skill and edginess (and size of course). I'm not sure Kurker has the skill set to excel at the NCAA level. Contribute, yes. Excel, I'm guessing no.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

        Comment


        • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

          Originally posted by defkit View Post
          If McDavid was not in this years draft, we know who would be #1. Is Matthews that much better than Eichel because he is getting the hype as the likely #1 pick?

          FWIW, Matthews looked much less impressive to me at the WJC than Eichel did when he was an underager. That WJC was what ramped up the "hype machine" for Eichel, it didn't really do it for Matthews. His play since then has for sure, however.
          Matthews only had one less point than Eichel did at this year's WJC. Matthews was even while Eichel was a minus 3.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            partly because of how annoyed people got with the buffalo gm murrays comments, insinuating that he should not have been disappointed for his fans when they lost right to select macdavid.
            First of all, it was way more than BU fans that commented on that when it happened. Second, that happened a couple of weeks ago. So I ask again, other than to troll BU fans, why on earth did you just randomly post Matthews > Eichel today? It just seems so juvenile, which I know you're not.

            Comment


            • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

              Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Not disagreeing with you. Just a bit flummoxed as to why you posted something so random like that. It really kind of indicates to me your dislike for BU.
              My inside sources tell me this all stems from an incident in the mens' shower where hoky was hanging around trying to get some inside info on whether Eichel would be departing BU after this year. When Eichel refused to answer the interrogation and then rightly asked why a middle aged man with no connection to the program was showering with the players, hokydad left in a huff and has had it out for Jack ever since.

              Just don't ask me to reveal my sources, because apparently we need not do that out here when spreading rumors....
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

              Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

              "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

              Comment


              • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Matthews only had one less point than Eichel did at this year's WJC. Matthews was even while Eichel was a minus 3.
                In this years WJC, Eichel underperformed for sure (his awesome wraparound goal being the exception). I was comparing Matthews this year with Eichel last year (each in their "underager" year). While only having one goal, Eichel looked very impressive and the hype gained momentum. Just one mans opinion - I didn't see anythign from Matthews that made me think he was a cut above. But again, maybe he just didn't have a good tournament.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                Comment


                • Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  In this years WJC, Eichel underperformed for sure (his awesome wraparound goal being the exception). I was comparing Matthews this year with Eichel last year (each in their "underager" year). While only having one goal, Eichel looked very impressive and the hype gained momentum. Just one mans opinion - I didn't see anythign from Matthews that made me think he was a cut above. But again, maybe he just didn't have a good tournament.
                  I love Matthews game so I am biased! The most impressive thing with Matthews is the fact he broke every record with the U.S. Under 18 team this year including having very good numbers against college teams. (I know the college teams put out a second class squad out there)
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 04-30-2015, 11:17 AM.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

                  Comment


                  • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                    Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    I love Matthews game so I am biased! The most impressive thing with Matthews is the fact he broke every record with the U.S. Under 18 team this year including having very good numbers against college teams. (I know the college teams put out a second class squad out there)
                    I'm sure he is very good. I hope he chooses the college route so that I can see him play. It was nice to see so many non-BU fans talk about what a treat it was to be able to see Eichel play this year.

                    Buccigross (and others) seem convinced Matthews will play Junior, and it's not hard to see why, given that he didn't grow up around any D-1 programs. But hopefully being around the college-bound guys in Ann Arbor has influenced him.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                    Comment


                    • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                      Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I'm sure he is very good. I hope he chooses the college route so that I can see him play. It was nice to see so many non-BU fans talk about what a treat it was to be able to see Eichel play this year.

                      Buccigross (and others) seem convinced Matthews will play Junior, and it's not hard to see why, given that he didn't grow up around any D-1 programs. But hopefully being around the college-bound guys in Ann Arbor has influenced him.
                      Word is he will attend a D1 school if he can find one with a Medieval Lit class.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                      Comment


                      • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                        http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...-nhl-attention

                        In line with what I thought...

                        Comment


                        • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                          Nice. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...nes_season.php
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                          Comment


                          • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                            I think it's unbelievable that the staff isn't bringing in a scholarship goalie this year. With or without Eichel, the team should be frozen four caliber again next year and they're putting their stock in a kid that hasn't played in over a year...

                            Comment


                            • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                              Guys miss a season for surgery or whatever all the time. Isn't lacouvee a scholarship goalie too? Without eichel/a couple potential flight risks, not sure about frozen four caliber but I don't see an issue with what they are doing with goaltenders.

                              Comment


                              • Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

                                Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                                I think it's unbelievable that the staff isn't bringing in a scholarship goalie this year. With or without Eichel, the team should be frozen four caliber again next year and they're putting their stock in a kid that hasn't played in over a year...


                                Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                                BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X