This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Bob McKenzie on twitter said that it looks like OC will be signed by either EDM/VANC/OTT within a few weeks. Has anyone heard about MacGuire? I'd hate to have a team that's capable of winning it all and lose because of subpar goaltending. (again)

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      agreed I know PC for example, especially in the 2nd half, wanted him in there taking it
      Just looked at the faceoff stats for the game both teams were very restrictive on who took draws. Acciari, Rooney, and Jankowski took 84% of PC's, Eichel and Hohmann took 76% of BU's.

All 5 of those players were top 15 in HE for 2nd half of the season.

Acciari had by far the best percent in the game, then Hohmann, Eichel 3rd, followed by Jankowski, and finally Rooney.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
        Bob McKenzie on twitter said that it looks like OC will be signed by either EDM/VANC/OTT within a few weeks. Has anyone heard about MacGuire? I'd hate to have a team that's capable of winning it all and lose because of subpar goaltending. (again)
        I was recently wondering about the goaltending as well. We have Maguire, who is good, but did not play a minute of hockey last season and Lacouvee, who in limited viewing, was at minimum serviceable but not great. Do we have a third goalie lined up? BU has been rounding up the talent in forward and defense, but it has been a while since BU landed a heralded goaltender recruit. Goaltending is easily the biggest question mark on this team for next year.

Comment

Isn't shane starrett still in the pipeline (albeit probably approaching AARP benefit time)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Isn't shane starrett still in the pipeline (albeit probably approaching AARP benefit time)
            Will be suiting up for the Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Oh cool. Good for him

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Anyone know what the story is with this? It sounds like it was O'Connor's plan for a long time to leave after this season. But Starrett didn't de-commit and commit to Air Force until mid March. I am not sure we're missing out on much, since a quick look at his Twitter indicates he isn't much of a student, and he openly mocked O'Connor's own goal.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Anyone know what the story is with this? It sounds like it was O'Connor's plan for a long time to leave after this season. But Starrett didn't de-commit and commit to Air Force until mid March. I am not sure we're missing out on much, since a quick look at his Twitter indicates he isn't much of a student, and he openly mocked O'Connor's own goal.
                  IIRC, Starrett was recruited by the previous staff and was originally slated to arrive this season. However, it seems the current staff felt he needed another year of development given his performance post-Catholic Memorial, so even after Maguire was declared out for this season, the staff still pushed him back another year and recruited Lacouvee late in the process. I can't imagine Starrett was too pleased, but I also get the impression Starrett wasn't discouraged from seeking other options...

Note: Starrett never signed a NLI, so there was no binding agreement. Just a verbal commitment.
                  Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 04-22-2015, 03:08 PM. Reason: Note

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                    IIRC, Starrett was recruited by the previous staff and was originally slated to arrive this season. However, it seems the current staff felt he needed another year of development given his performance post-Catholic Memorial, so even after Maguire was declared out for this season, the staff still pushed him back another year and recruited Lacouvee late in the process. I can't imagine Starrett was too pleased, but I also get the impression Starrett wasn't discouraged from seeking other options...

Note: Starrett never signed a NLI, so there was no binding agreement. Just a verbal commitment.
                    One other thing is when he committed he was a relatively unheralded local kid, but a few months after committing his stock rose significantly. I know not of the actual discussions but it is not unreasonable to assume he was coming to BU as a backup to replace Moccia (which would also explain why he was originally pushed back a year, when Moccia was granted a redshirt year) and since then decided he deserved/wanted more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      I was recently wondering about the goaltending as well. We have Maguire, who is good, but did not play a minute of hockey last season and Lacouvee, who in limited viewing, was at minimum serviceable but not great. Do we have a third goalie lined up? BU has been rounding up the talent in forward and defense, but it has been a while since BU landed a heralded goaltender recruit. Goaltending is easily the biggest question mark on this team for next year.
                      BU will certainly bring in a third goalie and reportedly has a specific one targeted. Maguire was skating with the team second semester as a non-rostered practice player and I suspect he and Lacouvee will share the load until one of the takes hold of the job--which seems to be DQ's preference. The next scholarship goalie should be for 2016. BU was in the mix for U17 goalie Joseph Woll, who ultimately committed to BC for 2016. No idea who BU is looking at now, but the other U17 goalie, Jake Oettinger was called up to the U18s for the World tournament.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post

isnt much of a student? one brother Harvard, other Cornell. BU? please......he is going to air force academy, one of the top schools in country

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          isnt much of a student? one brother Harvard, other Cornell. BU? please......he is going to air force academy, one of the top schools in country
                          Yah, that made no sense

Comment

I seriously doubt any of the Service Academies would even give him the time of day if they thought he couldn't handle the academics.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

and he openly mocked O'Connor's own goal.
                              That tweet was deleted within the past 15-20 minutes.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                That tweet was deleted within the past 15-20 minutes.
                                Word spreads quick!

Logic would tell us that Quinn et al were not overly concerned about losing him. Best of luck to him. I agree the comment about academics likely does not make much sense. Air Force Academy is a good place to be I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X