• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defkit
    replied
    Re: BU season thread 4 - 2014-15 // destiny's children

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    could you please post your list of "worst uses of a timeout in NCAA Championships"?
    Mine starts and ends with one:

Chris Webber, Michigan

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Zancanaro?
    He played 2 games at right wing his freshman season...that's Coach Parker for you.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    I've heard before that he's a dynamite recruiter. What are Albie's strengths in that role?
    Very hard worker, aggressive.

In fairness pretty easy to go after blue chippers at BU or Harvard, did zero at Merrimack. When you are going after Bracco, Macavoy etc types hard to miss on their ability level

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Zancanaro?

Can't agree that UND was Isn't the goalie part of the team? And if OC was better than McIntyre in that game.....
    Of course, we'd have never seen that match-up if Duluth had taken care of business in the regional as some insisted.
    Mullen graduated before Zanc did

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Mullen played many games at all three forward positions on all four lines during his career at BU. However, he played during the same time as the center in question.
    Zancanaro?

Can't agree that UND was Isn't the goalie part of the team? And if OC was better than McIntyre in that game.....
    Of course, we'd have never seen that match-up if Duluth had taken care of business in the regional as some insisted.

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    umd will not make same mistake. they will hammer BU today.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Hmm.. maybe someone like Mark Mullen? He was a center, right? If it's before that, then it's before my time.
    Mullen played many games at all three forward positions on all four lines during his career at BU. However, he played during the same time as the center in question.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

One of the worst uses of a timeout in ncaa championship game history
    BU was lucky to even be in the game as ND was by far the stronger team
    not saying that at all. Just saying UND goalie had an even bigger impact on outcome than BU's goalie did. Had several huge blunders vs BU and they still almost won. cant say it slipped away when you "slipped" in from the start.
    UND was a better team
    So how did BU win if North Dakota was the far strong and better team? Maybe the coaching? BTW, could you please post your list of "worst uses of a timeout in NCAA Championships"?

Without Parkers recruits, BU would have been Merrimack this season, same as last year, without Eichel
    Stop with the broken record already! Or at least stop copy and pasting the same line.

Funny how PC coach gets ton of credit for Unions championship, and he was 3 years removed but Parker gets squat.
    Totally different situations: Coach Leaman took over a Union program just starting to improve under Coach Sneddon and turning it into an annual ECAC and NCAA contender. He then moved on to Providence and took a program mired in the dumps (with 5 straight losing seasons) and turned them into a Hockey East and NCAA contender the past two seasons. On the other hand Coach Parker took a BU program that had been an annual Hockey East and NCAA contender in the opposite direction. Only one Hockey East championship game appearance and one NCAA appearance in his last four seasons.

BU's pipeline is fantastic going forward and I would be surprised if they don't win a couple over next 5 years, shocked. If the kids stay. For first time in years, they are blowing BC away on the recruiting front, which doesn't surprise me with Albie over there. Would assume he is looking to leave as he usually stay at one team for about 45 minutes
    Are you saying that all the recruits coming in for Coach Quinn have been recruited by Albie O'Connell? As for him looking to leave, I expect all top assistants to look for their own head coaching opportunities.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

not saying that at all. Just saying UND goalie had an even bigger impact on outcome than BU's goalie did. Had several huge blunders vs BU and they still almost won. cant say it slipped away when you "slipped" in from the start.
    UND was a better team
    Without Parkers recruits, BU would have been Merrimack this season, same as last year, without Eichel
    Funny how PC coach gets ton of credit for Unions championship, and he was 3 years removed but Parker gets squat.
    BU's pipeline is fantastic going forward and I would be surprised if they don't win a couple over next 5 years, shocked. If the kids stay. For first time in years, they are blowing BC away on the recruiting front, which doesn't surprise me with Albie over there. Would assume he is looking to leave as he usually stay at one team for about 45 minutes
    I've heard before that he's a dynamite recruiter. What are Albie's strengths in that role?

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

UND was a better team
    Last edited by Hokydad; 05-06-2015, 09:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

In fact, BU was lucky to even be in the playoffs! They should have finished last in Hockey East! They stink! Horrific! Worst team I've ever seen!

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

As was Ylae and Duluth too don't forget

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied
    Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    who says PC doesn't tie it if that never happens? still was a long time to go in the game.... what's kinda lost in all of this is the NoDak gaffe. 2 (soft and putrid) once in a lifetime miscues in 2 games, the semi and the final . Still, if anyone was paying attention on that face off PC would not have had the gift open look for the GW

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    have you seen a goalie catch a puck from center ice and then throw it through his legs into the goal 8 minutes away from championship ? There is soft and then there is putrid

Amen. I thought O'Connor started to pick up his play during the 2nd half of this year about the time scouts were sniffing around to sign him to a pro contract but obviously that all went to hell real quick.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    have you seen a goalie catch a puck from center ice and then throw it through his legs into the goal 8 minutes away from championship ? There is soft and then there is putrid
    who says PC doesn't tie it if that never happens? still was a long time to go in the game.... what's kinda lost in all of this is the NoDak gaffe. 2 (soft and putrid) once in a lifetime miscues in 2 games, the semi and the final . Still, if anyone was paying attention on that face off PC would not have had the gift open look for the GW

Leave a comment:

• BU Fan 84
    replied
    No, he also played left wing for a number of games (16) his sophomore season. You still have go back a few more seasons.

Sean
    Hmm.. maybe someone like Mark Mullen? He was a center, right? If it's before that, then it's before my time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X