Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Offseason: The Monkey's Clearly off our Back, Now it's Time to Finnish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU Offseason: The Monkey's Clearly off our Back, Now it's Time to Finnish!

3rd year in a row we're one of the last 8 teams standing so the NCAA 1st round monkey may be gone, but now that next hump, getting back to a Frozen Four.

Obviously we lose Brodzinski, Prochno, Daly, Oliver, Bertsch, Rabey, Rehkamp and Milan, highly doubt anyone else bolts.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Soup recipes?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU Offseason: The Monkey's Clearly off our Back, Now it's Time to Finnish!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Thoughts? Suggestions? Soup recipes?
    Lappeenranta is nice this time of year.

I recommend a sauna and a swim in Lake Saimaa.

Comment

Re: SCSU Offseason: The Monkey's Clearly off our Back, Now it's Time to Finnish!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

Obviously we lose Brodzinski, Prochno, Daly, Oliver, Bertsch, Rabey, Rehkamp and Milan, highly doubt anyone else bolts.
      That's a lot of players! You'll be like UNO this year with a billion freshmen.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Now if we could just get the same draw next year...
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Very talented group though.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I am excited about next years class of incoming players. This years team didn't have the personnel to play the exciting style of hockey I have come to expect from SCSU. From what I have read, Jackson, Eyssimont and Newell are playmakers and this year we were definitely lacking in that department. Kossila and Murray didn't seem to play up to their ability and hopefully they can put up the type of numbers they did in previous seasons. The incoming defensemen also sound like they will complement the returning ones. We definitely could use some hard-nosed guys as that is something that has seemed to be missing from this program for a couple of seasons.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              I am excited about next years class of incoming players. This years team didn't have the personnel to play the exciting style of hockey I have come to expect from SCSU. From what I have read, Jackson, Eyssimont and Newell are playmakers and this year we were definitely lacking in that department. Kossila and Murray didn't seem to play up to their ability and hopefully they can put up the type of numbers they did in previous seasons. The incoming defensemen also sound like they will complement the returning ones. We definitely could use some hard-nosed guys as that is something that has seemed to be missing from this program for a couple of seasons.
              Defense will be very inexperienced. I think we will be better on the offensive end even with Jonny gone. That is why it hurts he left because they would have been off the charts if he would have stayed.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Will Borgen is making a strong case to come in as a true freshman. He's had points in three of his last four USHL games and is currently playing on the top defensive pair for Omaha with fellow SCSU recruit Jimmy Schuldt. The popular theory is that the Huskies will bring in a new TBD defensive recruit, but if the scholarship money is there, they could do worse than a decent sized skilled defenseman like Borgen.

Borgen and Robby Jackson (along with five other SCSU recruits) will be eligible for the NHL draft this summer. These two stand the best chance of being selected. At this point, Borgen's potential NHL stock is likely higher than Jackson's, but that doesn't necessarily translate to their collegiate potential.
                scsuhockey.com
                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Thoughts? I see a trend regarding our recent NCAA tournament performances. Like being in at least the final 8 each year.

But tough ugly goals loss for St. Cloud a couple Saturdays back. I could not recreate the mojo magic at the Tidewater notwithstanding the fact that I wore an SCSU hockey sweater to a California pub to watch the West Regional final game. Game felt like one of those games in which your team is just not supposed to win. Of course, the outcome saved me about $3-4k in total travel costs this week!

And that Saturday brought other brutal losses for the State of Hockey hockey. First, Kato must be sick after that Keystone Kops-style loss to the 16th seed AHA champion. Maybe the Monkey is on Their Back (or Cows Frozen in the Headlights).

Then Dulloot loses on a late goal during a questionable penalty power play. Wish I could have seen one of these Minnesota teams make the Frozen Four. Guess I'm left cheering on Omaha.

Suggestions? Next season the Husckeys should sweep some early weekend contests, beat the goofers in the Northstar DQ cup, put Storm in front of the net for all of their power plays, and install a huge co-ed sauna at the Brooks Center for recruiting European puck-handling, play-making future college hockey players (men and women).

Soup recipes? None. But I'll be willing to eat anything after flying to Tampa in 2016.

Comment

Saw next years schedule posted in the schedules thread. Looks considerably easier than this year. Only two against UND and they are at home. 4 each against CC and Western.

Not easy but nice to have Mankato back on the schedule and also Quinnipiac. Too bad the ASU games are at home.

Some big players leaving but still a lot of talent left and sounds like some good players coming in. Looking forward to it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                      Wish I could have seen one of these Minnesota teams make the Frozen Four. Guess I'm left cheering on Omaha.
                      Omaha is basically a Minnesota team as they have a ton of guys from up here
                      UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                        Saw next years schedule posted in the schedules thread. Looks considerably easier than this year. Only two against UND and they are at home. 4 each against CC and Western.

Not easy but nice to have Mankato back on the schedule and also Quinnipiac.
                        Also glad to see this on our schedule, although a little weird to do this in a year when we play each other in the NSCCup. No games this season, and 3 next? We should have balanced that out a little better.

Comment

Working...
                        X