Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota announces name.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Fighting Sioux and it's derivatives filled 128 pages. That's longer than the entire list of nicknames being considered (The pdf says 214 but there's almost 100 blank pages)
    Because this will work

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Abdominal Snowmen
      I don't think they have the stomach for this one.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Being considered:

Inquisition - nobody expects the Inquistion!
        Manifest Destineers
        Narwahls - swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion..
        Neanderthals
        sandbaggers

looks like yeti is under consderation as well, that will help with those that can't spell 'abominable'
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

change name to "soo" or better yet "sue" and really $%^ off the NCAA!!!

Comment

I don't think that would upset them, I think that would make them point and laugh along with everyone else.

Comment

I think my favorite suggestion on the "not considered" list was the one clearly submitted by Old Pio - the North Dakota Libtards.

Comment

Anyone know if this list was leaked or published by UND? A short list of accepted and rejected names seems more appropriate. Many names are bad and it just doesn't seem ultra professional to air this kind of laundry...in fact embarrassing comes to mind.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Maybe it'll come down to a runoff betwen giant ****** and turd sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Maybe it'll come down to a runoff betwen giant ****** and turd sandwich.
                    Either way, we could have you as a mascot.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Either way, we could have you as a mascot.
                      Well, at the end of the South Park episode with that, they found the complainers dead, so maybe you'll end up being able to go back to being THE SIOUX DAMMIT!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Anyone know if this list was leaked or published by UND? A short list of accepted and rejected names seems more appropriate. Many names are bad and it just doesn't seem ultra professional to air this kind of laundry...in fact embarrassing comes to mind.
                        They published it on purpose. It seems they're choosing to err on the side of openness.

I know nothing of North Dakota's sunshine laws, but given that UND is public I think it's likely that both lists - or excerpts thereof - would have come out eventually anyways. This way, they control the timing of it, everybody gets an offseason chuckle and they can get on with putting out the (probably predetermined) shortlist.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          This UND grad thinks the list is fun, and if the question had crossed my desk, I'd have said "publish."

Further proof that we UND grads form a sophisticated and intellectually gifted community.

And even if we become known as the "bowl of turds," we have enough self esteem to know that is a little harsh.
                          Last edited by burd; 05-06-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Why should they feel any more embarrassed than they already do? Let's face it most of those names were appropriate.

Kidding aside, I think it's fantastic that they recognized the humor and they're not responsible for all the trolling that went on. The only slightly ridiculous part was the fan or fans that kept repeating the old nickname as if they were somehow taking a stand or showing great defiance.

Que sera, sera.

Comment

I like that there were 35 submissions for 'Eagles'.

Because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                I like that there were 35 submissions for 'Eagles'.

Because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
                                Given rooting interests from 2006, they should just call themselves the Crusaders.

Comment

Working...
                                X